TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has beenpracticing knife control. (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=178893)

PJ O'D[_3_] December 28th, 2012 01:52 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has beenpracticing knife control.

Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been
practicing knife control.

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the
age of 16.

In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic
knives.”

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and
there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw
long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand

Warren Penn December 28th, 2012 02:02 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And hasbeen practicing knife control.

UK, land of wogs, Anglican faggots, and green-toothed liberals.

AlanG[_2_] December 28th, 2012 02:22 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been practicing knife control.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:52:25 -0800 (PST), "PJ O'D"
wrote:

Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been
practicing knife control.

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

No it didn't

In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the
age of 16.

In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic
knives.”

no you don't

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and
there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw
long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand

Are you on drugs?

Earl Evleth[_1_] December 28th, 2012 03:07 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. Andhas been practicing knife control.

On 28/12/12 14:52, in article
, "PJ O'D"
wrote:

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

Laws are similar in California, even shorter, 2.5 inches. These
are carrying rules, if one I a collector there is no specific
limitation. The famous Bowie Knife for instance. Hunting knives
are a special category and are not forbidden. There was a history
of dueling knives in the USA and even a permissive state like
Texas forbids them.

In general knives are not "tools of death", household knives
can be used to kill but generally are not used to kill.
Somewhere around I have a double edged Nazi dagger worn mostly
for show in Germany. It was not very sharp.

One of my brothers brought this back from
Germany in 45 along with a ceremonial sword, also a Lugar and
Italian rifle. Junk. My other brother, older, brought back
some fine crystal. No war junk

Claire December 28th, 2012 06:09 PM

On Dec 28, 1:52*pm, "PJ O'D" wrote:
Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been
practicing knife control.

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the
age of 16.

In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic
knives.”

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and
there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw
long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand

sigh Outrageous I tell you! Lets just allow massacres of our own
children once a month like our American cousins!

charlie61Ltd December 28th, 2012 06:51 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been practicing knife control.

wrote:

Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been
practicing knife control.

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

No it didn't

In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the
age of 16.

In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic
knives.”

no you don't

There is still a considerable trade in selling quality Sheffield made
knives of every description.
Some of the makers are now in their seventies and the skills are dying
but production is still carried on using traditional techniques.
You can still buy items like a hand made Scottish Dirks with a 12 in
long carbon steel blade.
Many trades would cease to exist if knives were banned and of course
they would still be brought into the country in large numbers.

Runge 667 December 28th, 2012 07:14 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. Andhas been practicing knife control.

evleth and his private life again
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
On 28/12/12 14:52, in article
, "PJ
O'D"
wrote:

[...]

[email protected] December 28th, 2012 11:58 PM

On Dec 28, 8:52*am, "PJ O'D" wrote:
Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been
practicing knife control.

Gee, why do you suppose they are more worried about knife crime
more than gun crime?

The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.

In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches
in public became illegal.

In 1996, it became illegal to sell a razor blade to anyone under the
age of 16.

In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic
knives.”

Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and
there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw
long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand

So people in the UK must be more worried about being
stabbed than being shot. Which one would you rather
worry about?

Runge 667 December 29th, 2012 10:15 PM

nstead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been practicing knife control.

Shot.
Satisfied ?

On Dec 28, 8:52 am, "PJ O'D" wrote:
[...]

Claire December 29th, 2012 11:45 PM

On Dec 28, 11:58*pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 8:52*am, "PJ O'D" wrote:

[...]

Something like that but we don't tend to worry about massacres
involving knives because that is not very likely, unlike with guns.
There are still illegal guns but we don't have the same problem
America has because of our gun laws.