TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Eating People (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31838)

[email protected] July 13th, 2004 03:49 AM

Eating People

I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

Miguel Cruz July 13th, 2004 04:46 AM

Eating People

In article ,
wrote:
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

I heard they used to eat people along I-80 in eastern California. EW.

miguel

Not the Karl Orff July 13th, 2004 05:17 AM

Eating People

In article ,
Miguel Cruz wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

I heard they used to eat people along I-80 in eastern California. EW.

somewhere in Illinois or Wisconsin not too long ago too

Not the Karl Orff July 13th, 2004 05:17 AM

Eating People

In article ,
Miguel Cruz wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

I heard they used to eat people along I-80 in eastern California. EW.

somewhere in Illinois or Wisconsin not too long ago too

Pat Anderson July 13th, 2004 09:10 AM

Eating People

In message ,
writes
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

You should get out more AND eat a few Mandazis!!
Pat
--
Pat Anderson

Afrika Safaris - Koos Greeff July 13th, 2004 11:14 AM

Eating People

Another freak has appeared.
wrote in message
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW

Hans-Georg Michna July 13th, 2004 11:26 AM

Eating People

Webtv hitting again. (:-)

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Pat Anderson July 13th, 2004 04:56 PM

Eating People

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
Webtv hitting again. (:-)

Hans-Georg

Hans Georg,
Have you got any ideas on making Mandazi? You must have eaten a few in
your time! Give us some ideas.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson

Hans-Georg Michna July 14th, 2004 05:30 PM

Eating People

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:56:30 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

Have you got any ideas on making Mandazi? You must have eaten a few in
your time! Give us some ideas.

Pat,

I'm following the discussion with heightened interest, because I
love mandazis, but I'm not much of a cook, so it's a more
theoretical interest (Unless someone wants to send me his first
results :-).

Mandazis in Kenya are fairly sweet. (Good for me, since I'm a
sugar addict.) They also often contain a lot of air. Must be big
bubbles in the dough. They remind me remotely of something we
call Berlinerin Germany (also the actually too generic word
Pfannkuchen and also Krapfen in southern Germany), but those get
some pure sugar on top and some jam or marmelade inside, and the
dough is still somewhat different, but they're also fried in
oil.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Not the Karl Orff July 14th, 2004 07:56 PM

Eating People

wrote:

Have you got any ideas on making Mandazi? You must have eaten a few in
your time! Give us some ideas.

Pat,

I'm following the discussion with heightened interest, because I
love mandazis, but I'm not much of a cook, so it's a more
theoretical interest (Unless someone wants to send me his first
results :-).

Mandazis in Kenya are fairly sweet. (Good for me, since I'm a
sugar addict.) They also often contain a lot of air. Must be big
bubbles in the dough. They remind me remotely of something we
call Berlinerin Germany (also the actually too generic word
Pfannkuchen and also Krapfen in southern Germany), but those get
some pure sugar on top and some jam or marmelade inside, and the
dough is still somewhat different, but they're also fried in
oil.

My GF is of Austrian descent and did remark that with a zwetschken
inserted, it would be like an austiran plum doughnut