TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cape Liberty (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=163157)

Surfer E2468 February 28th, 2010 05:51 PM

Cape Liberty

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks
surfer e2468

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Charles[_1_] February 28th, 2010 06:11 PM

Cape Liberty

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks

It is an outside parking lot.

--
Charles

peter February 28th, 2010 06:38 PM

Cape Liberty

On 2/28/2010 7:11 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Surfer
wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks

It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may not
offer inside parking.

Jean O'Boyle[_3_] February 28th, 2010 07:44 PM

Cape Liberty

wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks

It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may not
offer inside parking.

Anyone staying in a Newark pre-cruise hotel better be prepared to pay that
$40.cab fare to Cape Liberty...we've done it twice!

--Jean

Sue Mullen February 28th, 2010 07:50 PM

Cape Liberty

wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks
It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may not
offer inside parking.

Anyone staying in a Newark pre-cruise hotel better be prepared to pay that
$40.cab fare to Cape Liberty...we've done it twice!

At least for Annie who asked about the parking, it would be silly to
stay in a hotel pre-cruise. She lives just about 1 1/2 hours from the
pier, an easy drive.

sue

Surfer E2468 February 28th, 2010 08:29 PM

Cape Liberty

We would not even consider a pre cruise hotel since we are so close to
cape liberty,if we deem it impossible to drive the 1-1/2 hours it would
take to get there,we will cancel our cruise,the money is spent wether we
go or not. Thanks everyone for the information sent to me.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Jean O'Boyle[_3_] February 28th, 2010 09:26 PM

Cape Liberty

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks
It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may not
offer inside parking.

Anyone staying in a Newark pre-cruise hotel better be prepared to pay
that $40.cab fare to Cape Liberty...we've done it twice!

At least for Annie who asked about the parking, it would be silly to stay
in a hotel pre-cruise. She lives just about 1 1/2 hours from the pier, an
easy drive.

sue

I realize that, but if it were me (which it isn't) and I thought I'd be
snowed in or the roads would not be safe for travel on the day of the
cruise, I would take my time and go a day early and stay in Newark or
Elizabeth, park at a hotel that provided free parking and take a cab to the
port rather than lose all the money all ready paid for a cruise.

--Jean

Jr.[_5_] March 1st, 2010 12:47 AM

Cape Liberty

I realize that, but if it were me (which it isn't) and I thought I'd be
snowed in or the roads would not be safe for travel on the day of the
cruise, I would take my time and go a day early and stay in Newark or
Elizabeth, park at a hotel that provided free parking and take a cab to
the port rather than lose all the money all ready paid for a cruise.

--Jean

We live about 45 minutes drive from the Bloomington, IL airport and we had a
5:55 am flight the day before the cruise in January. We drove over on
Thursday at noon to Bloomington and stayed in a motel 1/4 mile from the
airport. We got an extra hour sleep on Friday morning and peace of mind that
we would make it to the airport since they were predicting blowing and
drifting snow overnight Thursday on the interstate.
Not such a crazy idea to go the night before IMHO.

Bill[_1_] March 1st, 2010 12:57 AM

Cape Liberty

On 2/28/2010 2:50 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks
It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may
not offer inside parking.

Anyone staying in a Newark pre-cruise hotel better be prepared to pay
that $40.cab fare to Cape Liberty...we've done it twice!

At least for Annie who asked about the parking, it would be silly to
stay in a hotel pre-cruise. She lives just about 1 1/2 hours from the
pier, an easy drive.

sue

It really depends on what the hotel would charge for the overnight stay
and parking, wouldn't it? The pier is $20 a night, I think (maybe more
at this point). Especially if the hotel has an indoor garage, or will
shovel you out if it snows, it could be a better deal than paying to pay
at the pier.

My wife was asking me the other day if they had ever built a garage at
the port. Obviously the answer is no. She thought she had heard that
they were supposed to when we sailed out of there a while ago.

BTW I do assume they've solved the problem of the paint dots that people
were finding on their cars after returning from their cruise? That was a
few years ago.

Bill

Charles[_1_] March 1st, 2010 01:22 AM

Cape Liberty

In article , Bill
wrote:

BTW I do assume they've solved the problem of the paint dots that people
were finding on their cars after returning from their cruise? That was a
few years ago.

That problem has been "solved" a few times. They had the problem again
last fall.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3565

--
Charles