Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mr. Travel
Forum: Air travel April 25th, 2008, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 32
Posted By Mr. Travel
Question for old timers

John Kulp wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:37:58 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:22:39 -0700, "Mr. Travel"
wrote:

Rog' wrote:
Forum: Air travel April 25th, 2008, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

John Doe wrote:
Mr. Travel wrote:

Yes, but what happens if the price drops? Wouldn't WN have lost money on
the deal?

If they commit to buying 200 barrels of oil at $55 in 3...
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 32
Posted By Mr. Travel
Question for old timers

Rog' wrote:

"Mr. DBG" wrote:

What was airport security like in, say, the mid 1970s?
My first flight was in 1991.
I've heard that there was practically NO security in the...
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

James Robinson wrote:

No, properly done, they don't hedge at a single price. They get puts
and takes, so they are protected in a narrow range.

Do you have evidence that WN did anything but...
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

James Robinson wrote:

(John Kulp) wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

wrote:
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

John Kulp wrote:

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:39:15 -0700, "Mr. Travel" wrote:

wrote:

On 22 Apr, 03:48, James Robinson wrote:
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

John Doe wrote:

Mr. Travel wrote:

Ethanol is an issue because it competes with the global food supply

I am quite suspect of what is going on now. How come the price of food
is...
Forum: Air travel April 24th, 2008, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

John Doe wrote:
Mr. Travel wrote:

Second, airlines already have the financial mechanism to control the price
of fuel so it is predictable. It's called hedging. Southwest uses it...
Forum: Air travel April 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

Robert Cohen wrote:

Wouldn't millions of steam vehicles do in the atmosphere/ionsphere a
la global warming.

What fuel would they use to make the steam?

The problem is that we can save oil...
Forum: Air travel April 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

On 22 Apr, 03:48, James Robinson wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

Hey, it's only a napkin dooodle idea, though something...
Forum: Air travel April 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Mr. Travel
Chicago Hotel

dc wrote:
When I said "not too expensive" I meant it in the English sense of "fairly
cheap" and not (as it seems) in the American sense of "really costly"..

Why not just tell us how much you...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

James Robinson wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

Hey, it's only a napkin dooodle idea, though something does need to be
done in the public interest, as more bankruptcies...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Travel
Alternatives to Newark Airport Parking

cool9 wrote:

Looking for alternatives to long-term (6 days) parking at Newark
Airport. Parking is $15/day and that’s too pricey for me. That’s 20%
of my airfare to UK.! Planning on driving...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Mr. Travel
Southwest

AGW wrote:

wrote:

TEP wrote:

They say (provisionally) that the schedule will be extended on April 17.

I doubt it will cover all of November by then.
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Mr. Travel
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

Robert Cohen wrote:

" Co-op Jet Fuel"

The industry consists of all or any of the airlines in the U.S. and
perhaps the world.

The airline companies purchase partnerships or shares in...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti run,
that is a possibility.

Possible yes, but most likely a jetliner having ajor issues that is
closer to the...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Mr. Travel
A video clip from Air Canada flight 875 / 2875

wrote:

The following is a video clip taken from AC flight 875. The clip

Wow, your third post about the same thing in 8 minutes.

JUST LET IT GO.... it's affecting your...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

A flight between Buenos Aires and Havana is NOT going to
get diverted to the United States. Miami, the only airport
in southern Florida where a 747, DC10, or A340 can
land,...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Travel
Allegiant Air: LOW TICKET PRICES, Now- Lets ADD some Fees

Alan Sanderson wrote:

Oops, we have NO Toll Free number and will keep you waiting for 20 min or
more on your "Nickel".

Why do you need a toll free number?
Doesn't your cell or VOIP carrier give...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

If this one NUTCASE from the Cuba newsgroups,

Pot, kettle, black
Forum: Air travel April 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

I dont care WHAT the people from soc.culture.cuba who have
followed me up here say. Becuase I LIVE in Australia, I am NOT
SUBJECT to the travel restrictions on Cuba. I am ONLY...
Forum: Air travel April 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

That depends on the encryption. I use an EXPENSIVE VPN
solution on MY server, that runs a PROPRIETARY encryption
scheme, with NO backdoor. This is NOT made by Microsoft,
so...
Forum: Air travel April 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Mr. Travel
Continental (express) to cease flights from Midway

Duh_OZ wrote:

The only had 5 flights daily.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/business/5710951.html

snip:
Passengers with tickets for the canceled service are being offered
Forum: Air travel April 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Travel
Praying for a flight delay *not*

Duh_OZ wrote:
Hey bud, the airline isn't there to revolve around your needs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24191236/?GT1=42003

Snip:
NEW YORK - A passenger who left his seat to pray in...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Mr. Travel
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

I use this whenever I go to broadcast sports events, especially
figure skating, from Cuba. The outbound connection is encrypted,
so if the United States government is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250