Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Louis Krupp
Forum: Air travel March 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Louis Krupp
Travel Industry Slams Obama, Congress in New Ads

Trancender wrote:
Hoo Boy - things are not going well for the "anointed one". Now the
travel industry is jumping on the hate Obummer bandwagon:

http://tinyurl.com/ckdzx3

- jms

The...
Forum: Air travel January 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
Air ticket Consolidators?

wrote:
Hey Everyone

I am looking to fly to Austraila or New Zealand sometime later this
year and I have a few questions. I know that a good travel agent might
be the...
Forum: Air travel January 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Louis Krupp
TWA where can I find them

jamoran wrote:
I flew on TWA from Phoenix to JFK, then to Heahtrow London then to
hamburg Germany

was planning another trip and trying to get fares for TWA. I know they
also had a hub at...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
LAX Checkin Friday before Thanksgiving

Ken Litwak wrote:
I'm planning to give myself 90 minutes from curb to takeoff time to
get on a domestic AA flight tomorrow night at 10:15. Is that enough time
or do I need a lot more...
Forum: Air travel November 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Louis Krupp
Weather and BOS

Ken Litwak wrote:
One last question I hope for my trip this weekend. I'm landing at
BOS. I've only been there once or twice but my experience this time of
year at other airports on the...
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Louis Krupp
Hanging up a suit in coach

Ken Litwak wrote:
Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
Ken Litwak wrote:

I'm soon going to be taking a cross-country...
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By Louis Krupp
Reducing noise complaints

Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:
I was wondering, how do I learn more about how airports try to reduce
noise complaints? I presume that in figuring out operational stuff about
when to land which...
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2008, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 26
Posted By Louis Krupp
Planes in Europe

Janet Wilder wrote:
Graham Harrison wrote:

My experience is that even if you only say "hello" in the local
language and then ask "do you speak English" that people (be they
check in...
Forum: Air travel September 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 26
Posted By Louis Krupp
Planes in Europe

Stephen Farrow wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
I just picked up all of my documents from the...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Louis Krupp
FAA anthem

I just stumbled across this:

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=169&sid=1464561

Louis
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By Louis Krupp
What's the rule for burning fuel? (WasAA 1586)

Bob Myers wrote:
"Jim Davis" wrote in message
"John Doe" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada July 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
Are You A "Bad" Traveler...???

"Fly By Air" wrote:
http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/travel-narrows/index.html

July 27, 2008

Travel Narrows

"Most of us are good at a few things and bad at a longer list...
Forum: Europe July 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
Are You A "Bad" Traveler...???

"Fly By Air" wrote:
http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/travel-narrows/index.html

July 27, 2008

Travel Narrows

"Most of us are good at a few things and bad at a longer list...
Forum: Air travel July 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
Are You A "Bad" Traveler...???

"Fly By Air" wrote:
http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/travel-narrows/index.html

July 27, 2008

Travel Narrows

"Most of us are good at a few things and bad at a longer list...
Forum: Europe June 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british
Replies: 23
Posted By Louis Krupp
Newbie question: London to Aberdeen, what's the best way?

AKT wrote:
I shall be in London this September, staying in South Croydon, and
would like to make a side-trip to Aberdeen for 2-3 days.

I have been to London/Croydon a few times, but have...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british
Replies: 13

AKT wrote:
I shall be in London this September, staying in South Croydon, and
would like to make a side-trip to Aberdeen for 2-3 days.

I have been to London/Croydon a few times, but have...
Forum: Air travel January 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,alt.travel.uk.air,uk.transport.air
Replies: 90
Posted By Louis Krupp
Daylight flight between LHR and LAX

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:49:07 -0000, "Gerald Oliver Swift"
wrote:

"ariopp" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel December 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By Louis Krupp
Tourists Driving In U.S. Ought To Beware of Tres Cher "TicketMills"

Hatunen wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:58:51 -0800 (PST), Robert Cohen
wrote:
snip
The law apparently is: if a police car is on the side or shoulder, try
to go by it in...
Forum: Air travel December 16th, 2007, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 45
Posted By Louis Krupp
Rushed into the security gate

Peter wrote:
Whenever I fly from an airport whose security line is short or empty,
I’m approached by a TSA agent as I pause to remove my metal objects from
my person, before entering the...
Forum: Air travel November 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By Louis Krupp
US Airways - hotel if flight missed due to bad weather?

Rog' wrote:
snip
I would have settled for any motel, but my dear-wife insisted on
the Hilton, who soaked us with rack-rates. sigh Then we had
to retrieve our luggage which was checked thru....
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Louis Krupp
Any one suffered DVT

wrote:
Greetings! Does any member of this newgroup have ever suffered Deep
Vein Thrombosis (DVT)? I am going to travel from JFK - Newyork to
Dubai and back. The...
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By Louis Krupp
Tipping in USA/Canada

Qanset wrote:
Louis Krupp wrote:
Qanset wrote:
snip
... I try to be flexible when observing local customs, but I will
not be bullied into tipping, which I have seen happen.

Forum: Air travel November 13th, 2007, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By Louis Krupp
Tipping in USA/Canada

Craig Welch wrote:
Louis Krupp said:

Robert Cohen wrote:
snip
Side salad (no dressing) (b-t-w: salad in italy is yuk, and i dunno
exactly why,...
Forum: Air travel November 13th, 2007, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By Louis Krupp
Tipping in USA/Canada

Robert Cohen wrote:
snip
Side salad (no dressing) (b-t-w: salad in italy is yuk, and i dunno
exactly why, and rather quaintly they eat it at the end rather than
the start of meal)

I believe...
Forum: Air travel November 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By Louis Krupp
Tipping in USA/Canada

Capt. Del wrote:

As a Brit, personally I'm embarrassed to tip. It's not what I was
brought up doing. We expect to tip but very discreetly.
But that's not the American way.
The American way...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67