Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH [email protected]
Forum: Latin America July 30th, 2009, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Belize resorts for "adventure travel"???

I'm looking for resorts for "adventure travel" in Belize. I am not
a snorkel/scuba type or "rest on the beach" but prefer active
"on land" things. I'm looking for a base for excursions. This
is just...
Forum: USA & Canada July 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Star Gazing Area near Chicago

Erehwon wrote:
Looking for the nearest location to Chicago that would have the best night
sky for "star gazing".

Well, the literal answer will probably be "a boat in the middle of Lake...
Forum: USA & Canada May 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
What to see in Dallas -Texas

zxcvar wrote:
On May 29, 12:01 pm, asdf3b wrote:
Greetings! My family will travel to Dallas by car and stay in Dallas
for 3 to 4 days. What are the things to see...
Forum: USA & Canada May 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
colorado railroads

Alohacyberian wrote:
wrote in message
The website says that they have a daily guaranteed...
Forum: USA & Canada May 13th, 2009, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
typical cost of Alaska cruises?

PeterL wrote:

Again there is no "typical". This year there are lots of discounts.
$2349 for a 5 days cruise seems awfully high to me. I just booked one
for $450 for 7 days.

Forum: USA & Canada May 9th, 2009, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Statue of Liberty Crown to Re-Open! Thank You President Obama!

Graham Harrison wrote:

Are you sure you were in Yellowstone? I think you may have been in
Yosemite!

I believe you are correct. I checked my photos. They do look
more like Yosemite.

More...
Forum: USA & Canada May 8th, 2009, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Statue of Liberty Crown to Re-Open! Thank You President Obama!

SMS wrote:

Or once again climb Mt. Whitney without needing a permit?

The problem is that the popularity of Mount Whitney was destroying it.

Uh, no. I've been there. There's plenty of...
Forum: USA & Canada May 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Statue of Liberty Crown to Re-Open! Thank You President Obama!

SMS wrote:
In 2006 I took my 12 year old daughter to the Statue of Liberty and was
telling her 'when I was a kid we could climb he stairs all the way to
the crown.' She was asking me why you...
Forum: Latin America May 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.latin-america,soc.retirement
Replies: 12
New travel rules

All this is interesting because the place I get tickets does
not allow a middle name, just initial, and it runs it onto the
end of first name.

For example, if you are

Barack Hussein Obama, it...
Forum: Latin America April 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Torres del Paine & Los Glaciares

steve wrote:
Sure. No problem except time and a boring car ride.

It is our understanding that driving a car across the border is a
problem. I've driven across both Kansas and Nebraska so...
Forum: Latin America April 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Torres del Paine & Los Glaciares

steve wrote:
We are planning a trip next March to Patagonia. We would like to visit
both Torres del Paine in Chile and Los Glaciares in Argentina but
getting between them appears to be time...
Forum: Air travel March 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM Posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
life after Windows....

There are many programs in Windows which are GUI and cannot be run
from a commandline but I don't see where that takes your argument.

Any Windows program can be run from a command line. If...
Forum: Europe March 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM Posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1,313
life after Windows....

There are many programs in Windows which are GUI and cannot be run
from a commandline but I don't see where that takes your argument.

Any Windows program can be run from a command line. If...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 124
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

I trust you were able to range as far north as Bodie and perhaps as
far east as Zion. You next go, try working in Bryce, Capitol Reef,
Arches,
Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 147

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

I trust you were able to range as far north as Bodie and perhaps as
far east as Zion. You next go, try working in Bryce, Capitol Reef,
Arches,
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 124
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Frank Slootweg wrote:

11. Americans don't realize that you don't *have* to 'deep' fry fish.
Americans do, however, realize that if you don't want fried fish, you
shouldn't seek out...
Forum: USA & Canada December 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 147