Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 4.76 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom K
Forum: Cruises July 28th, 2012, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom K
Baltic Sea Cruise

On 7/27/12 9:14 AM, Sandy wrote:
Thanks guys so much for all your suggestions about tours. We have already
booked one with the cruise line but thanks to your suggestions, we will use
one of ...
Forum: Cruises July 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom K
wrecked ship

On 7/25/12 5:22 AM, Jaap wrote:
the ship will be scrapped, after raising it (for over 100 million Euro) the cost to refurbish would add to a price higher than building a new ship.

Ignore the...
Forum: Cruises July 25th, 2012, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Tom K
Roll Call

On 7/24/12 5:25 PM, Jo Tambornino Chayer wrote:
"Brian K" wrote in message

It's been a while since I checked this NG. Who's still here...
Forum: Cruises July 22nd, 2012, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Tom K
Roll Call

On 7/21/12 6:18 PM, Jeff Gersten wrote:
I am not on face book, a little afraid of using
that, but I do check in here often and like the
rest of you who have commented, I miss the
old...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom K
Costa throws Capt under the bus..

On 1/20/12 6:54 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
er I mean ship...
Costa Crociere SpA, which offered support to the captain in the hours
after the emergency, has now turned its back on the man who is...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom K
Booking Celebrity Cruises on Board

On 1/18/12 2:05 PM, Island Grampa wrote:
FWIW

You can't book an "Open" future cruise on the sister company. We tried that
on the Oasis. The consultant onboard said it could be done, but...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom K
Is there an app for that?

On 1/18/12 1:45 PM, Charles wrote:
Tom wrote:

My Garmin hand held showed a sky full of satellites. And my hand held
Garmin caught a signal in less than 60...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom K
Is there an app for that?

On 1/18/12 12:44 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
Tom wrote:

And also understand that even if you do get the GPS to...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom K
Is there an app for that?

On 1/18/12 5:40 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article

et,
wrote:

Kurt...
Forum: Cruises January 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom K
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

On 1/16/12 9:36 PM, Charles wrote:

In , Tom K
wrote:

To me, that damage doesn't look major.

Given the SOLAS...
Forum: Cruises January 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom K
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

On 1/15/12 3:41 PM, number6 wrote:

If it was human error- unacceptable

IMO - That is the only acceptable cause ... I could accept some idiot
screw up much easier than a systematic cause or...
Forum: Cruises November 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 42
Posted By Tom K
My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/24/11 3:35 AM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:44:09 -0600, Janet wrote:

It appears to me that any cruise line that would put a passenger...
Forum: Cruises November 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 42
Posted By Tom K
My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/23/11 3:42 PM, Richard Greene wrote:
It wasn't the fault of the cruise line or any one in particular except for
the ship's designers. Therefore I did not request compensation, just
Forum: Cruises November 23rd, 2011, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 42
Posted By Tom K
My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

On 11/22/11 6:32 PM, Richard Greene wrote:
As some of you know, my last cruise with Carnival was a cruise from hell.
Our cabin was located just below the Lido Deck right under the wooden deck
Forum: Cruises October 31st, 2011, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom K
Alaska Cruise

On 10/30/11 8:37 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:33:11 -0700 (PDT), Earl_Colby_Pottinger
wrote:

On Oct 25, 8:09 pm,...
Forum: Cruises October 31st, 2011, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom K
Alaska Cruise

On 10/29/11 12:42 PM, Earl_Colby_Pottinger wrote:
On Oct 29, 10:21 am, Tom wrote:

And one nice thing they do, at least on their smaller ships, is open up
the bow...
Forum: Cruises October 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom K
Alaska Cruise

On 10/28/11 11:46 PM, wrote:

Holland American does go from Seattle to Seattle, but they also go to
Glacier Bay which some other lines do not and they also have cruise
Forum: Cruises October 26th, 2011, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom K
I'm gonna throw this out there

On 10/26/11 12:06 PM, Jr. wrote:
What are the advantages or disadvantages of booking a cruise on Princess
direct and not using a travel agent?

Remember... they both charge you the same price. ...
Forum: Cruises October 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom K
Earliest Return Flight From FLL after RCL Cruise?

On 10/8/11 11:41 AM, wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
Forum: Cruises July 16th, 2011, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By Tom K
Cruise Critics Princess Roll Call

On 7/15/11 4:28 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
CHARLES:
I have tried to get cruise critics,but my web will not connect to them.
So i still cannot find out the roll call for enchantment...
Forum: Cruises June 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom K
dinner in San Juan

On 6/29/11 3:30 PM, jackie wrote:
I would appreciate suggestions for dining in San Juan. We sail the
Caribbean Princess for two weeks Feb 2011. We are staying at the
Radisson Ambassador Plaza...
Forum: Cruises June 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom K
Dining with the officers on Norwegian Jewel

On 6/24/11 12:06 PM, battlecruiser wrote:
NCL is countering the industry trend by re-introducing officer-hosted
tables in the main dining room on Norwegian Jewel.
Forum: Cruises May 31st, 2011, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom K
Celebrity is setting cookies.

On 5/30/11 9:04 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Janet
wrote:

I posted this on CC this morning and thought...
Forum: Cruises May 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By Tom K
Passenger missed cruise

On 5/30/11 4:25 PM, Thumper wrote:

You don't need someone else to change your oil either., but many
people prefer it.
Thumper

Terrible analogy. If you change your oil you save...
Forum: Cruises May 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By Tom K
Passenger missed cruise

On 5/30/11 1:22 PM, Thumper wrote: