Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Altmann
Forum: Africa February 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Altmann
Saadani Tourist Camp, Tanzania

Hello there!

Anyone who’s been to Saadani Tourist Camp before? Seems to be a rather
new spot.

Thanks for sharing opinions!
Paul
Forum: Africa March 7th, 2008, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Altmann
Satellite images of Tanzania

Are there any better ones on the net than those Google Earth is
showing?

Thanks
Forum: Africa February 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Altmann
Comments on Avis Rent A Car in Dar es Salaam?

Hello there!

Anybody here ever happened to rent a car from Avis in Dar and is
willing to post some comments on them?

Thanks
Forum: Air travel January 30th, 2008, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

On 30 Jan., 00:53, dgs wrote:
But most of all, you can quit whining that some airline web sites
offer seat selection, and some don't. Cope.

Problem here seems to be that...
Forum: Air travel January 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

On 29 Jan., 16:46, "Cameron Tilson"
wrote:
Absolutely; worked for us last year! Phone them!

Sure - but did you ever try BA's oder AA's graphic based online...
Forum: Air travel January 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

Paul: Have you tried phoning them?

Well, I e-mailed them eventually - found no way so far to do a seat
reservation online. (And believe by now, there is none.)
Forum: Africa January 28th, 2008, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya..is it safe?

Kind of weird that both sources state sort of wrong location: They
mention a distance of 5 km from Mombasa to the crime scene - while it
really is about 20 to 25 km ...
Forum: Africa January 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya..is it safe?

Just learnt about the sad news from a TV ticker ...

Meanwhile, there's an article about it on the online edition of the
German news magazine Der...
Forum: Air travel January 26th, 2008, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

Hi there,

just had to realise that for my Swiss flights (e-tickets) some weeks
away there seems to be no way to do an online seat reservation right
now - that I have to wait until the last 24 hours...
Forum: Africa January 26th, 2008, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya..is it safe?

On 25 Jan., 09:18, Liz Leyden wrote:

For the benefit of any Brits reading this thread, Hans-Georg is right,
but also be aware that if the Foreign Office advises against...
Forum: Africa January 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Altmann
Trip advice wanted: Considering Tanzania instead of Kenya

On 7 Jan., 01:55, John in Cornwall
wrote:
On Jan 6, 2:31 pm, Paul Altmann wrote:

Good day everyone!

I know it's not relevent in terms...
Forum: Africa January 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Altmann
Trip advice wanted: Considering Tanzania instead of Kenya

Good day everyone!

Due to the crisis in Kenya following the »elections«, I can't help
consider shifting my February/March travel plans from Kenya to
Tanzania.

For a few-days-accommodation I was...
Forum: Africa December 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Altmann
Worrying news from Kenya ...

Just plain naïve and useless, but it seems we all have to include
Kenya in our New Year's wishes today ... Let's hope things will calm
down soon and a true and nationwide acknoledged winner of...
Forum: Africa December 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya - recommended tour operators?

On 16 Dez., 13:38, Liz Leyden wrote:
In message
ps.com
Paul Altmann ...
Forum: Africa December 16th, 2007, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya - recommended tour operators?

Hello!

Are there any Kenya based tour operators you would recommend from
fresh experience - or, on the contrary, others that you would avoid?

Besides, I can't seem to remember correctly the name of...
Forum: Africa December 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya - best travel timing during spring

Hello everybody,

for a 2-weeks-trip to Kenya I will have two timing options:

* around the end of February
* around the end of March

Seems that the latter is likely to fall into the rainy season....
Forum: Africa March 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Altmann
Kenya south coast - package tour arrangements incl. cottage accommodation?

Hi there!

Just did some search through the websites of some of the big package
tour operators (like TUI, Thomas Cook etc.) to see if I could find
some nice offers of all-inclusive packages (you...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17