Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JA_Moran
Forum: Air travel March 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By JA_Moran
USAir checkin/baggage policy

contact someone at the departure airport or one of the airline customer
reps. Generally the reservations people will only tell you what their
computer screen says...

If there is a CTO (City Ticket...
Forum: Air travel March 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By JA_Moran
new checklist item

new checklist item for some pilots
flaps----check
fuel--check

gun safety on and locked ???
gun properly holstered ???

--------------
DENVER - A gun belonging to the pilot of a US Airways plane...
Forum: Air travel March 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By JA_Moran
tsa troublemaker

of course when I am tired, have worked all night and have not slept for
the last 18 hours I don't tolerate nonsense well If I disagree with
something I will challange it I will not go along like a...
Forum: Air travel March 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By JA_Moran
no security is better its cheaper too

I am also a private pilot and its enjoyable and a hastle free way to travel

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:47:25 -0700 JA_MORAN wrote:

:I prefer NO security...
Forum: Air travel March 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By JA_Moran
no security is better its cheaper too

I prefer NO security like things were a few years ago
I'd even pay extra to take flights with NO security and no hastle

JOHN

Rog' wrote:
"JA_MORAN" wrote:

NO, I am not a...
Forum: Air travel March 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By JA_Moran
tsa troublemaker

NO, I am not a troublemaker...
it's that airport security is not a pleasant experience... though in
some areas it's getting better....

seems when I travel and have not slept for the previous 18...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2008, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By JA_Moran
las vegas airport taxi

needed to go just 2 miles from KLAS (las Vegas Nevada Mc Crarran )to
UNLV or University of Nevada Las Vegas. Taxi driver said fare was $9.20,
I gave him $10 and he then lectured me about not giving...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2008, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By JA_Moran
knife on plane again

the swis sarmy knife atop a pen is not see by security people as having
hte small i inch knife and scissors, it's seen and treated as if it's a pen.

the device cam in handy, could not open the bag...
Forum: Air travel March 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By JA_Moran
baggage charges

now with fuel being way too expensive, airlines are making people more
than ever with heavy bags pay more

having loaded baggage and cargo on aircraft this past summer, I often
joked about having...
Forum: Air travel February 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By JA_Moran
fuel thirsty beast (747)

saw that Virgin was testing a biofueled 747.

was curious at just how much one of those large machines does consume

1 gallon (4 liters) of fuel every second or 6 pounds
60 gallons per minute (360...
Forum: Air travel February 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By JA_Moran
strange fares

went to the AA site and tried to price something from EHAM to KPHX
If I priced KPHX or KLAX to EHAM, I got a fare that was about $700 more
than if I used the same travel dates and origonated the...
Forum: Air travel February 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By JA_Moran
word play

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police...
Forum: Air travel February 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Replies: 7
Posted By JA_Moran
icao airport weather for anywhere

a military base would be KLUF (LUF) that's Luke Air Force Base in
Glendale Arizona..

another is KEDW (EDW) Edwards Air Force BAse near Palmdale, California

JOHN

Tombstone, Arizona has no regular...
Forum: Air travel February 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By JA_Moran
Looking for Contributors to a Book

go listen to betty in the sky with a suitcase a podcast from a flight
attendant featuring stories from FA's Pilots and others too

there is also fly with joe from a commercial...
Forum: Air travel February 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By JA_Moran
airports with nonalphabetic designators

I noticed on the chart that not all airports are alphabetic
SAD and TUS, but near me there is also P29, P04, and P03

some of the smaller community airports have numbers in the designators

P29 is a...
Forum: Air travel February 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Replies: 7
Posted By JA_Moran
icao airport weather for anywhere

if you know the ICAO airport code (not the IATA one) then you can get
the weather for the airport or...
Forum: Air travel January 31st, 2008, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By JA_Moran
swiss army knife and pen

you DO NOT have to let TSA confiscate... you can go to airline counter
and ask them to send as a "checked item"

I would NEVER let TSA have anyhting they don't like as I have the right
to either...
Forum: Air travel January 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By JA_Moran
travel weather for anywhere

If you know the ICAO not the IATA code you can get the weahter for any
city.

Airnav.com I know will look up the ICAO codes for quite a few airports.
The first letter designates the country or...
Forum: Air travel January 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By JA_Moran
swiss army knife and pen

I leave the knife/pen in my pocket with a few other pens and do put in
the bowl or in a plastic bag with my wallet and keys, noting is ever
said, oh it's a pen, it's ok....

anyway I use it as a...
Forum: Air travel January 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By JA_Moran
swiss army knife and pen

I saw a swiss army knife and pen combination and bought one. I collect
all sorts of interesting and logo pens.

It's funny, I can take the pen/knife through the airport with no
problem. Even if I...
Forum: Air travel January 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By JA_Moran
delayed by TSA

I do have a plane and I can go to DUG if I need customs, otherwise, it's
much quicker in the plane to fly over the hills to TUS or PHX than it is
to drive.

Sometimes the MOA is active, I see...
Forum: Air travel January 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By JA_Moran
delayed by TSA

the TSA peopple don't have any sense of humor, they are people doing
their job just following orders given to them by the people we sent to
washington to supposedly represent our best...
Forum: Air travel January 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By JA_Moran
delayed by TSA

I own enough land in Southeastern Arizona to put in an 1800 foot long
landing strip. The distance to clear a 50 ft obsticle (and come to a
safe stop) is usually about 1,100 feeet or less. It may...
Forum: Air travel January 21st, 2008, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By JA_Moran
delayed by TSA

from the responses I have received almost everyone agrees with me in
that the encounter with the TSA is not the favorite part nor the
highlight of your trip.

Shut up and do it.. NO, things will...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2008, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By JA_Moran
delayed by TSA

lets not forget phones, My new cell phone is flat enough to fit in a
shoe under the arch of my foot...

remember Agent 86 Maxwell Smart and his shoe phone, played by Don Adams
and the Chief, and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51