Showing results 1 to 25 of 150
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mikeos
Forum: Europe October 25th, 2014, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By mikeos
McDs gourmets comments

On 24/10/2014 19:50, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. ...
Forum: Europe September 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By mikeos
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

On 18/09/2014 07:29, Martin wrote:

It only costs about EUR 3 to take a train from Schiphol to the centre of
Amsterdam. There's a train about every 15 minutes.

I would recommend the 197 bus....
Forum: Europe January 28th, 2013, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By mikeos
Paris about 100 years ago

On 28/01/2013 17:06, David Hatunen wrote:

These are better viewed on this site - with proper captions.

http://www.paris1914.com/

At first I thoght those photos must be from a...
Forum: Europe January 28th, 2013, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By mikeos
Paris about 100 years ago

On 27/01/2013 23:43, Mark Brader wrote:
I saw this self-explanatory URL posted to rec.travel.europe:

http://curiouseggs.com/extremely-rare-color-photography-of-early-1900s-paris/

These are...
Forum: Europe January 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By mikeos
Early color photographs of Paris

On 27/01/2013 22:33, James Silverton wrote:
These are quite remarkable.
http://curiouseggs.com/extremely-rare-color-photography-of-early-1900s-paris/

I've got a photo of the same metropolitan...
Forum: Europe December 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM Posted to soc.retirement,alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By mikeos
I am Adam Lanza's mother

On 18/12/2012 21:43, mg wrote:

One has to balance the rights of people to own assault rifles versus
the rights of children not to be massacred in their schools.

As I've said before,...
Forum: Europe November 25th, 2012, 03:51 PM Posted to soc.retirement,alt.activism.death-penalty,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.liberalism,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mikeos
Black Confederates in the Civil War

On 25/11/2012 10:38, chatnoir wrote:

The idea of “black Confederates” appeals to present-day neo-
Confederates, who are eager to find ways to defend the principles of
the Confederate...
Forum: Europe November 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By mikeos
You can use cannabis in Amsterdam

On 02/11/2012 23:07, Bill wrote:

There is still no evidence of cannabis being addictive.

If you stop taking it there are no physiological symptoms of
withdrawal.

"Cannabis and mental...
Forum: Europe November 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By mikeos
You can use cannabis in Amsterdam

On 02/11/2012 12:10, JohnT wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20165371

Why? It just perpetuates Amsterdam's reputation abroad as a haven for
drug addicts.

This is why:

"Amsterdam...
Forum: Europe September 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By mikeos
Whitby, as seen in 1921

On 07/09/2012 21:52, JohnT wrote:

Very droll. I tell them I have given an armful but I doubt that you know
the significance of that because you will never have heard of Tony Hancock.
Forum: Europe July 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By mikeos
Amsterdam - Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum

On 19/07/2012 01:03, Ken Blake wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 22:56:35 +0200, "Runge 667"
wrote:

This group is not the easiest way to get confirmed info.
Your...
Forum: Europe July 15th, 2012, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 351
Posted By mikeos
Olympic lanes

On 13/07/2012 15:33, Mike P wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:25:25 +0000, boltar2003 wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:01:34 +0100
Dave Plowman wrote:
In article...
Forum: Europe June 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By mikeos
The Bahn Card from hell

On 09/06/2012 15:37, Martin wrote:

He's been convinced to pay the bill and cut his losses. The debt
collectors will pursue you to the gates of hell, if you don't pay up you
can reckon with...
Forum: Europe April 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mikeos
Lufthansa will cancel your flight if they don't like your politics

Well of course the body of the article makes it plain that this is a
false allegation. No airline will risk boarding passengers if the
destination country is certain to refuse entry. The airline...
Forum: Europe March 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By mikeos
Don't cover me

On 07/03/2012 22:12, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:04:39 +0000, wrote:

On 07/03/2012 08:56, Martin wrote:

Yes and the UK government does what...
Forum: Europe March 7th, 2012, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By mikeos
Don't cover me

On 07/03/2012 08:56, Martin wrote:

Yes and the UK government does what they're told.

Are you saying that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

I'm fairly certain that I did not write that!....
Forum: Europe March 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By mikeos
Don't cover me

On 06/03/2012 23:06, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:29:00 +0000, wrote:

On 06/03/2012 16:33, David Horne wrote:

Forum: Europe March 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By mikeos
Don't cover me

On 06/03/2012 16:33, David Horne wrote:
wrote:

In an ideal world, I'd prefer that all this BS was stopped, but UK
consumer law seems pretty weak...

You really mean...
Forum: Europe February 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 106
Posted By mikeos
Trains vs Planes and Automobiles

On 28/02/2012 23:01, Erilar wrote:
wrote:
What are the things which affect people's decision to travel by plane or
train or car when going on holiday? I...
Forum: Europe January 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By mikeos
Ireland

On 30/01/2012 14:27, Cathy L wrote:
We will be coming to Ireland again in May. So looking forward to it!
Cathy L

They've sold out of Guinness!
Forum: Europe January 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By mikeos
30 of the World's Most Amazing Roads

Are you THE Rodney Pledge?

Mike
Forum: Europe December 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 38
Posted By mikeos
anyone been to Oman ?

On 28/12/2011 09:14, Surreyman wrote:

I had a friend who did his NS in Aden.

Under Mad Mike Mitchell?

The big troubles in Aden/Crater Towns, with Mad Mitch etc. were some
years...
Forum: Europe December 27th, 2011, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 38
Posted By mikeos
anyone been to Oman ?

On 27/12/2011 11:36, Martin wrote:

Brit Empire colonies in those days (Oman& Aden)& they were shooting
at us!

What was your assignment there?

Almost certainly...
Forum: Europe December 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 257
Posted By mikeos
lingua anglica Brits don't speak foreign languages

On 04/12/2011 12:38, Jack Campin wrote:

Irish is close to dead. The phenomenon you describe does happen with
Welsh, which is very much alive.

Very true, about 40% of Welsh people use it as...
Forum: Europe November 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 257
Posted By mikeos
Brits don't speak foreign languages

On 29/11/2011 16:31, Bert wrote: