Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Reid[_1_]
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Nancy Young

people complaining about the McDonald'sing of
Europe, are they actually being opened by their own countrymen?

I assume so, I don't see Americans behind the counter!...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
electricals in hold baggage?

Following up to Miss L. Toe

Now, yes.
But later this afternoon........

don't!

'electrical items' have long been allowed, batteries on the other hand
haven't.
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 01:52 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Nancy Young

They finally got a franchise
in my town, unless you were looking for it, I don't think you'd
notice it.

I noticed they have a prime spot in that arcade in Milan,...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Dave Smith

The Eiffel Tower
sounds like a good place to have one. If they can get people to pay good
money to go up a tower just to look down on all the buildings they...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fatties

Following up to Gregory Morrow

1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie
Filling
1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, in juice, undrained
1 cup JET-PUFFED...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 40
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Afternoon Tea in London

Following up to Richard

Can anyone recomend a nice place in London for afternoon tea that
doesnt cost an arm and a leg??? Some of the prices I am seeing are
mind boggling.

probably because...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
electricals in hold baggage?

Following up to The Reid

they dont say anything about hold baggage, when I started flying
you were told *not* to put electricals in hold,

I should have said "UK" somewhere there.
--
Mike...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
electricals in hold baggage?

The current security rules say

"All laptops and large electrical items (e.g. large hairdryer)
must be removed from the bag and placed in a tray so that such
items neither obscure nor are obscured by...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to BB

This does of course make land more expensive since people can't just move
to cheaper land a few miles away

sadly, short of culling people, there's no way of stopping...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
"Perfect" town in England?

Following up to "Melissa" mcasleyNO

-Not too big, but big enough to have a supermarket and a pub or two.
-Not too expensive to rent a furnished flat for a couple (around 500-600...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
"Perfect" town in England?

Following up to Miss L. Toe

-Not too big, but big enough to have a supermarket and a pub or two.

Does such a place exist?

No chance - If it is big enough for a supermarket it'll have...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Ryanair

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

Well yeah, but it seemed surprising to me they put a pic of tits and
arse on their website.

Is there more than one tit at Ryanair?
--
Mike Reid
Walking in...

Following up to Padraig Breathnach

Alcohol is a factor for many adults and, more worryingly, some
children. Large volumes of sugared drinks are a major factor with many
children and some...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
insurance for photographic equipment

Following up to

I don't know whether I will be allowed to travel
with camera and lenses in the carry-on bag.

my understanding is yes, if it fits within the size limit.
--...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
insurance for photographic equipment

Following up to Mike O'Sullivan

Can't you extend your home insurance to cover this?

that's what I did.
--
Mike Reid
Walking in Spain & Spanish regional cooking at

Following up to Miss L. Toe

You could say that about any 'fatty' product.

but not healthy products

If you dont eat them as part of a properly balanced diet they can be very
risky...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Gregory Morrow

I wonder if Portland does better on average for obesity?

The problem with Portland is that it is being infested by droves of
Californians seeking lower...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 650
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Worst European attractions

Following up to JohnT

I was a contributor to two.

does that make Windows not an operating system? No doubt it has
faults but its the one we are stuck with.
--
Mike Reid
Walking in Spain &...

Following up to Frank F. Matthews

UK and Ireland are not on the continent, but are clearly part of
Europe.

"continental Europe" is one expression, "Europe" is another. The
latter includes...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Airport Arrival

Following up to Gerrit 't Hart

Aim to get there an hour before takeoff. Is that what you wanted to
know?
--
And you will be sure to miss your flight!

I don't think I'm going to leave...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Airport Arrival

Following up to Dave Frightens Me

Is it really that bad now? It's been over a year since I went through
there last.

I suppose Italian TV has not shown the marquees that were erected
outside to...
Forum: Europe August 22nd, 2006, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Miss L. Toe

falsely advertise their food as nutritious,

No different to many other food manufacturers.

not if the product *is* nutritious, should be easy for food!

risk...
Forum: Europe August 22nd, 2006, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 361
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
French Fattys

Following up to Miss L. Toe

I would have agreed until McLibel came along, now I think they
deserve to be chief target.

Why ?
Because some people told lies about them ?

Because some...
Forum: Europe August 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Boo Hoo, why doesn't anyone love us was Our Covert Enemies

Following up to John Rennie

5% of the world population and 25% of it's greenhouse gas emissions.

5% of the population and 25% of the worlds oil consumption.

with other countries trying to...
Forum: Air travel August 22nd, 2006, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Replies: 1,266
Posted By The Reid[_1_]
Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Following up to Hatunen

How does that work? They don't take the other weekend?

what are US "packages" like? Self catering here is usually by the
7 day week. Hotels of course by the day. (Possibly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250