Showing results 1 to 25 of 189
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rudy[_1_]
Forum: USA & Canada March 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Oakland to Whistler

Look into flying OAK-BLI and renting the car there..its a lot more laid back
at BLI and None of the heavy traffic you find at SEA.

Its just a 20 minute drive from BLI to the border. Take the...
Forum: USA & Canada December 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Travelling West next summer (2010)

Eastbound out of the Seattle area, head north to highway 20 to cross the
Cascade Mountains on Hwy 20
Google: North Cascades Highway..Some of the best scenery in the country, as
opposed to I-90: ...
Forum: Air travel November 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Google to offer free WiFi at 47 airports this Holiday season

Google will offer free Wi-Fi in 47 airports across the U.S. over this
holiday season. Starting today and up until January 15,

Looks like 54 airports
http://www.freeholidaywifi.com/
Forum: Air travel October 17th, 2009, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Plastic bin as luggage ?

Anyone tried this? I would like to check a plastic bin instead of a
piece of luggage. The bin meets the size requirements of the airline.
A call to the airline resulted in a confused rep who...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 29th, 2009, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 24
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Getting insurance

It is possible for overseas visitors to buy medical insurance. See
http://mbf.com.au/HealthInsurance/Healthinsuranceoptions/Overseasvisitors

BUT, AUSTRALIA (where he wants to go) Isn't on the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 27th, 2009, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Australia Dust Storm

100km north of Sydney (62 miles). September 23. The water in dog Rusty's
bowl outside is red.

At least its not SMOKE like last year
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 24
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Getting insurance

I seem to be having trouble getting a reasonable quote for travel
insurance that is longer than 30 days.
I was going to go to Oz for a couple of months, but can't find any
insurance.

What...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 24
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Getting insurance

What exactly do you mean by "travel insurance"?

I thought that was a generic term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_insurance lists Medical insurance,
trip cancellation...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 24
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Getting insurance

"Hiram" wrote in message
I seem to be having trouble getting a reasonable quote for travel insurance
that is longer than 30 days.

What...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 18th, 2009, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Accommodations and Transportation Advice

We are planning our first trip to New Zealand Feb 19 - Apr 9. We arrive
in Aukland and plan to visit both islands.... Also wondering if
we should rent a car. Campervan. Buy a car. Or use the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 6th, 2009, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
geographic center of Australia

Why would you want to?

I don't want to. I'm just curious as to how it could be done, or if it
were possible. It's not difficult in the US.

Dirt bike(s) with large fuel tanks..I know some...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2009, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Extending of DL Sky Miles?

I have a friend that that has somewhere near 15,000 miles with Delta
and just discovered that they expire at the end of this year.

OOps, I posted the Skymiles "incentives: mileage rules. ...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2009, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Extending of DL Sky Miles?

I have a friend that that has somewhere near 15,000 miles with Delta
and just discovered that they expire at the end of this year.

From the Delta.com...
Forum: USA & Canada July 29th, 2009, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Medical emergency in USA? ? ?

My question is, who pays for this very expensive care? I'd estimate it
cost
at least $50,000.

He does

Since the trip was somewhat urgent, I'm sure he did not arrange for any
term...
Forum: Air travel July 28th, 2009, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

I guess that it is a monument to those who choose to **** off half the
industrialized world. Those mullahs can't have much of a nation when
they are reduced to oxcarts and donkeys for...
Forum: Europe July 28th, 2009, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

I guess that it is a monument to those who choose to **** off half the
industrialized world. Those mullahs can't have much of a nation when
they are reduced to oxcarts and donkeys for...
Forum: Europe July 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

It might just have something to do with the trade embargo preventing the
planes from getting spare parts.

Naww..they re generally old junkers from Antonov and Ilyushin..Russian
made..they'll...
Forum: Air travel July 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

It might just have something to do with the trade embargo preventing the
planes from getting spare parts.

Naww..they re generally old junkers from Antonov and Ilyushin..Russian
made..they'll...
Forum: Europe July 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

"Oh well", said Runge to reporters, "no one will miss a few dirty
Iranians...".

Following is a timeline of aircraft crashes involving Iran in the last 10
years....

I guess they're being...
Forum: Air travel July 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
"Fly Air Runge - And DIE...!!!" :-(

"Oh well", said Runge to reporters, "no one will miss a few dirty
Iranians...".

Following is a timeline of aircraft crashes involving Iran in the last 10
years....

I guess they're being...
Forum: USA & Canada July 18th, 2009, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Phone card - suggestions

The phone plugs into the magic jack which plugs into a USB port on the
laptop.

You leave your laptop "on" 24 Hrs ? Mine wouldn't take the "heat"
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
Trash this Group, Google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the source of much of that spam is google.

GOOGLE SPAMMERS ??!! say it isn't true !
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 8th, 2009, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
need some information

maybe something that all people that come to australia want to see it
first...do you know what it is?

A slab of Hahn's

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4448/hahn_beer/
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 30th, 2009, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 15
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
planning a month is Oz

I'm definitely into the camping out under a big sky thing. Camping was
one of my
early thoughts once I'd decided to go to Oz for a holiday.

Don't lie on the ground in Snake season. Is it...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 15
Posted By Rudy[_1_]
planning a month is Oz

I've just inherited a small amount of cash, which hopefully I'm going to
use to visit Oz and NZ this year.

Am I right in thinking I can get a visa waiver as I'm from the UK?

You can get a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 189