Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: USA & Canada September 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 30, 3:14*pm, Ken Blake
wrote:
That depends. Park Avenue and where? From the Port Authority Bus
Terminal to Park Avenue and 42nd St. is only about a ten...
Forum: USA & Canada September 30th, 2009, 02:45 AM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 29, 4:41*pm, Slim wrote:

If you are lucky enough to catch a train entering a station at 2am
there won't be a problem, but since there is a longer wait between
trains...
Forum: USA & Canada September 30th, 2009, 02:44 AM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 28, 10:16*pm, Slim wrote:

Motorists sitting in a traffic jam have NO "control over their
environment".

I control the temperature and whats on the radio.

Except...
Forum: USA & Canada September 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 26, 4:16*pm, Slim wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice train ride up the Hudson or out to
Montauk, but *there is the added value of being able to control your
Forum: USA & Canada September 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 22, 9:36*pm, "ArbH" wrote:

Thank you Jimmy. I check Google Map. I go from Bruckner Expressway I-278 to
the end (stay in the middle lane or right?) to get onto the...
Forum: USA & Canada September 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 21, 2:40*pm, "ArbH" wrote:
We are Californian on New England vacation next month.
How do I drive from Bronx 278 Buckner Expressway south bound to Park Avenue
in...
Forum: USA & Canada September 3rd, 2009, 05:26 AM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 181
Posted By [email protected]
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Aug 26, 2:01*pm, "ATM" wrote:
Yes, Slim. For Oct 26 to 31 (to avoid Halloween and NY Marathon), Affinia
Manhattan 3 star at W54@Broadway is $180 per night. But our...
Forum: USA & Canada August 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 181
Posted By [email protected]
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Aug 24, 5:26*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

For a visitor it may be easier to pay a la carte one-way fares rather
than try and figure out multi-ride discounts which...
Forum: USA & Canada August 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 181
Posted By [email protected]
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Aug 23, 8:20*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

And no, you don't need to buy a SmartCard. The machines still sell non-
reuseable cards.

For a visitor it may be easier to...
Forum: USA & Canada August 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 181
Posted By [email protected]
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Aug 22, 5:02*pm, "ATM" wrote:

Is there commuter train or bus from Boston to Hartford, Connecticut to
Manhattan?

No, but Amtrak offers frequent service from those...
Forum: USA & Canada August 24th, 2009, 09:08 PM Posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 181
Posted By [email protected]
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Aug 22, 4:28*pm, "ATM" wrote:

I assume the same subway distances fare is around few dollars, right?
Is there tourist type Manhattan subway fare package? such as 5 day...
Forum: USA & Canada January 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ne.transportation,nyc.transit
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Roy Rogers was fwiw: Cheap bus service from Hartford toBoston and NYC

On Jan 8, 4:34*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

When Pete from Boston mentioned "Roy's," I had no idea he was talking
about Roy Rogers. I have to time my stops on the...
Forum: USA & Canada January 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ne.transportation,nyc.transit
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Roy Rogers was fwiw: Cheap bus service from Hartford to Bostonand NYC

On Jan 7, 11:36*am, wrote:

Well,http://www.royrogersrestaurants.comhas a store locator which
still lists the Manchester one, and also says a Roy's is *opening*
Forum: USA & Canada July 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.railroad,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
A tragedy on the rails -- hobo killed

On Jul 23, 1:04 am, wrote:

The deaths on the rails are always a grotesque tragedy.

Under the circumstances in this case, I would not call it that.
Instead, I would...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Rules for border crossings into the United States (was: Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak)

On Jul 16, 3:28 pm, Robert Heller wrote:

I don't understand why elementary schools require a kid's SSN to
register. Is the 5 year old kid gonna get taxable income at...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Rules for border crossings into the United States (was: Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak)

On Jul 16, 3:45 pm, Merritt Mullen wrote:

Because there is no federal ID card, while at the same time, there is a
need for to prove one's identity, the SS account number...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Rules for border crossings into the United States (was: Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak)

On Jul 16, 12:51 pm, Hatunen wrote:
Generally, when one talks of national ID cards one means
something all residents are required to have. It would be well if
everyone agreed...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak

On Jul 15, 9:28 pm, Alan S wrote:

I've been wandering back through the answers. To be honest,
I fail to see the problem or the hysteria over random
checking.

I find it...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak

On Jul 15, 9:03 pm, Merritt Mullen wrote:

The US does not have federally-issued ID.

Yet.

But the U.S. Govt is demanding all states upgrade their drivers'
licenses to a...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak

On Jul 15, 12:00 pm, HAL wrote:

No, it does not mean a US government issued ID. It means a government
issued photo ID.

How about a more informal government issued ID? For...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]

On Jul 15, 12:00 pm, HAL wrote:
No, it does not mean a US government issued ID. It means a government
issued photo ID. If the photo ID is issued by the Albanian government
it...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.culture.ny-upstate,misc.transport.rail.americas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Immigration patrols on domestic Amtrak

On Jul 15, 10:35 am, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
The document Amtrak asks a passengers to carry is a driver's license (or
equivalent state issued photo id). It's insufficient to...
Forum: Air travel February 20th, 2007, 02:24 AM Posted to nyc.transit,rec.travel.air,nyc.politics
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Passengers Trapped on Runway for 8 Hours at JFK

Mike Hunt wrote:
I remember a few times riding a train from
Chicago to Philadelphia that was always hours late, and was once a day
late when I rode it. This was The Broadway Limited in the...
Forum: Air travel February 20th, 2007, 02:10 AM Posted to nyc.transit,rec.travel.air,nyc.politics
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Passengers Trapped on Runway for 8 Hours at JFK

Mike Hunt wrote:
Nobody stated the airlines didn't have problems.

I'm glad you understand that. But why you are so defensive about it?
Why aren't you airline advocates saying what could and...
Forum: Air travel February 20th, 2007, 01:57 AM Posted to nyc.transit,rec.travel.air
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Passengers Trapped on Runway for 8 Hours at JFK

Justa Lurker wrote:
I'll
take my chances flying or driving, thank you.

Well while you're driving, keep in mind HUNDREDS of motorists were
just stranded for TWENTY-FOUR hours on several...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34