Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Follett
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Alan Follett
Alternative Amtrak journeys

(A*Mate) wrote:

We will be in the USA next year from
late May to early July - tourists from
Australia - and have a choice (to fit
available time etc).

#1. Amtrak...
Forum: USA & Canada October 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Follett
Invitation to take university online survey of touristexperien...

(Lawrence*Akutagawa) wrote:

snip

My response to this "this is not an abuse
for me..." was straightforward -

"Very simple and basic - newsgroup in
which you...
Forum: USA & Canada October 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Alan Follett
French Attitude

(Hackamore) wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Runge13 blabbles:

Well you didn't look hard enough
"Bier '33' "

I've always thought of that as
Forum: USA & Canada September 13th, 2008, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan Follett
Carmel accommodations

Hmm, definitely time for me to pay a visit to the optometrist. I
initially read that subject line as "Camel accommodations," and was
going to suggest just leaving good old Humphrey at a boarding...
Forum: USA & Canada January 7th, 2007, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Alan Follett
Temporary Working in the USA

wrote:

My son, who is a music student, would like to
travel and work in the USA during his summer
break from University. Does anyone know
what the procedure is and...
Forum: USA & Canada November 22nd, 2006, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Follett
California Zephyr - Amrak

On Nov 20, 8:34 pm, (Todd Michel McComb) wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
I was thinking of taking...
Forum: USA & Canada October 8th, 2006, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan Follett
Sacramento to Lake Tahoe in winter

(Mike) wrote:

I note in another post mention of Highway 99
or 5 from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe. I was
thinking of driving from Sacramento to Tahoe
in February. Is this a...
Forum: USA & Canada September 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Alan Follett
I Was Right

(Lawrence*Akutagawa) wrote

"Snoopy" wrote

***Cars are going to disappear from European
cities and European countries. It's going to
happen...
Forum: USA & Canada August 16th, 2006, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 102
Posted By Alan Follett
America travel pointers

(Outlawpoet) wrote:

snip

L.A. is especially tricky 'cause we've become
a dumping ground for the crazies.
Unfortunately, I mean that literally. Police and
Forum: USA & Canada July 22nd, 2006, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Follett
Cass Hotel in Chicago

(Ray) wrote:

My wife and I are considering staying at this
hotel for one night in August and we found a
rate of $103 (much lower than other hotels
we've...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10