Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robin Stober
Forum: USA & Canada February 7th, 2010, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Robin Stober
New England ideas

blackbat wrote:

Jeez, that's not much to go on.

Exactly the point of my post. I'm asking for advice on what the region
has to offer for a laid back holiday with good, small towns, good
Forum: USA & Canada January 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Robin Stober
Los Angeles - Pasadena/Alhambra area

PeterL wrote:

There are crime problems everywhere in LA.

There are crime problems everywhere.
Forum: Europe January 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
London accommodations for six people

Barney wrote:
On Jan 15, 4:08 pm, Robin Stober wrote:
In ,
Robin wrote:
Forum: Europe January 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
London accommodations for six people

In ,
Robin wrote:

Specific suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who provided help on...
Forum: Europe January 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
London accommodations for six people

We will be a group of six in London in late June. There are four adults
and two girls aged 16 and 18. Location is important as the purpose of
the trip is to introduce the girls (and their...
Forum: USA & Canada December 24th, 2009, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Robin Stober
3 hours on the tarmac seems like a lot to me

DevilsPGD wrote:
In Robin Stober
was claimed to have wrote:

Yes, it's easy to praise the new regulations. They...
Forum: USA & Canada December 23rd, 2009, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Robin Stober
3 hours on the tarmac seems like a lot to me

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:36:44 -0500 "- Bobb wrote:

Forum: USA & Canada December 18th, 2009, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Robin Stober
Disney Museum

- Bobb - wrote:

Rhetoric questions . I just thought it was too restrictive and had never
heard of it - except at Disneyworld - where you GET a ticket that day - not
months in...
Forum: USA & Canada December 2nd, 2009, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Posted By Robin Stober
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

SMS wrote:
Robin Stober wrote:

No, it's not. If I buy something in the US using my credit card, I do
not pay a fee that is proportionate to the cost of the purchase.

Of course you do....
Forum: USA & Canada December 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Posted By Robin Stober
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

Hatunen wrote:

At least they're keeping the add-on rate below what it costs at
For-Ex booths.

The thing that irritates me about the ATM and credit card charges for
currency conversion is that...
Forum: USA & Canada December 2nd, 2009, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Posted By Robin Stober
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

Hatunen wrote:
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:58:22 -0800, SMS wrote:

I'm sure
Capital 1 has figured that they make more money in interest and merchant
fees from...
Forum: USA & Canada December 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Posted By Robin Stober
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

Neville MADDEN wrote:

And which bank is that...that does not charge foreign transaction fees?

I researched this question a few months ago. The only bank I found that
didn't charge either a...
Forum: USA & Canada November 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

JamesStep wrote:
Speaking of tours, I highly recommend the French Quarter walking tour
offered by the Friends of the Cabildo (a non-profit group). The 2-hour
walking tour is led by licensed...
Forum: USA & Canada November 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

Hatunen wrote:

non-crime warning, though. Do not, repeat, do not, drink more
than one hurricane at Pat O'Brien's.

Even on a multi-day trip? grin
Forum: USA & Canada November 11th, 2009, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

Nile wrote:
Robin wrote:

crime has always been an issue in New Orleans, tho perhaps no more
than in any city.

No, it is more than in most other cities. But like James said, if you
Forum: USA & Canada November 11th, 2009, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

JamesStep wrote:

The tourist areas are pretty much back to normal, as are the
plantations outside the city (like Oak Alley).

I've seen enough mentions of Oak Alley to send me to the web sites...
Forum: USA & Canada November 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

Nile wrote:

Here is a
thread from last year on the same subject:

Thank you. Before posting my inquiry I did a search which should have
turned up this thread.

A specific question . . ....
Forum: USA & Canada November 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Robin Stober
GPS Devices

Keith Willshaw wrote:
"Robin wrote in message
Keith Willshaw wrote:

The TomTom has in my opinion a...
Forum: USA & Canada November 9th, 2009, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Robin Stober
How are things in New Orleans these days?

I used to visit New Orleans every few years to get my fix of the great
food and the music scene. I haven't been back since Katrina. I've
heard mixed stories of whether things are back to normal...
Forum: USA & Canada November 9th, 2009, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Robin Stober
GPS Devices

Keith Willshaw wrote:

The TomTom has in my opinion a better user interface than Garmin
and its map sets were much cheaper when I bought mine

I found myself in a vehicle with both an active...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20