Showing results 1 to 25 of 172
Search took 2.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: (PeteCresswell)
Forum: Air travel September 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 55
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Sikhs oppose new turban rules

Per William Black:
And in what way do you think this relevant to this issue?

Somebody starts a religion. Then they declare some behavior
that is at odds with the society around them tb essential...
Forum: Air travel September 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 55
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Sikhs oppose new turban rules

Per Ablang:
Harry Gill, a Sikh community leader from Caruthers, worries that
screeners will be more apt to touch the turban under the new rules.

"This is a religious thing. Taking off or...
Forum: Air travel September 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
This Woman is Missing a Few Marbles

Per Jim Davis:
a woman had what appeared to be
a bomb strapped to her chest.

One step closer to that popped into my mind after the powers that
be deemed it necessary for all of us to take our...
Forum: Air travel September 20th, 2007, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Pay toilets in the sky? Don't laugh!

Per rieker:
The 757 that I was on in August had MOD on the lcd screens at each seat in
coach. There were a couple of 'free' selections and several MOD movies.
There was a 'card swipe' for...
Forum: Air travel September 20th, 2007, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Fired Boeing Engineer Calls 787's Plastic Fuselage Unsafe

Per Tom Peel:
It seems that aluminium burns just as well as plastics do.

toxic fumes generated by the burning composites.
--...
Forum: Air travel August 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
airport security waste of money

Per Jim Davis:

Has TSA presence prevented another attack, or are the terriorists just
sitting back for a while? We'll never know the answer to that.

One thing that's missing in this thread is...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
airport security waste of money

Per Jim Davis:
So far there have been no successiful terrorist acts. If a terrorist
gets past the TSA and is successiful, we can all raise hell. Until
then, you have nothing solid to complain...
Forum: Air travel June 18th, 2007, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Airline refuses to land with killer on board, worries about costs

Per TMOliver:
I'm sure Colin Powell would be happy to endorse

Whether I agree with him or not on a given topic, I consider
Colin Powell to have vastly more knowledge, insight, and IQ
points that...
Forum: Air travel June 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Airline refuses to land with killer on board, worries about costs

Per TMOliver:
I'm of the opinion we ought to simply follow precedent and keep'em,
GITMO being a nice warm place even in the winter (although they don't get to
use the pretty beach and the golf...
Forum: Air travel June 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Airline refuses to land with killer on board, worries about costs

Per NotABushSupporter:
They guy went through the "security" screening, so where was the danger
to the plane and/or passengers? The guy wasn't going anywhere. He was
detained in India.

Also, one...
Forum: Air travel June 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 53
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
hilton boycott

Per Mxsmanic:
Her sex tapes didn't demonstrate a justice system that works at different
speeds for different incomes.

And they don't wipe out entire innocent families like drunk
drivers do.
--...
Forum: Air travel June 8th, 2007, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 53
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
hilton boycott

Per :
Before Paris went in

I'm probably the only one in the world that doesn't know... but
what did they bust her for?
--
PeteCresswell
Forum: Air travel May 18th, 2007, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.air

Per -hh:
If you have enough money to fly someplace on vacation, you probably
could save enough money to be able...but it simply isn't important
enough to do so with your personal trade-offs of...
Forum: Air travel May 17th, 2007, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 57
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
How to pass time on a 13 hour flight

Per -hh:
While a 1st class seat is usually the best single option, most
people aren't willing, understandably so, to pay the significantly
higher cost.

"willing"? How about "able"?

It strikes...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 65
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Effect of very long flights - Water supplies

Per Shawn Hirn:
Every time I have requested a drink of water, it was supplied in a
sealed bottle, so no tap water was involved.

I'd think that would depend on where the plane was...
Forum: Air travel April 9th, 2007, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 65
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Effect of very long flights - Water supplies

Per JohnT:
How can anything "just barely" pass healt checks? It either passes or it
fails.

I don't have any expertise there but it seems like one of the checks would
probably be some sort of...
Forum: Air travel April 4th, 2007, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 65
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Effect of very long flights

Per Mxsmanic:
In general, if you can sit at a desk at work all day, or sleep in a recliner
for a couple of hours, you can sit on a plane as well. There's nothing magic
about being on a plane that...
Forum: Air travel April 1st, 2007, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 65
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Effect of very long flights

Per :
I am wondering the effect of such a
long distance flight on senior citizens like me.

Senior or otherwise, blood clots from lack of motion seem tb a...
Forum: Air travel March 28th, 2007, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Passenger removed from flight in Labrador

Per :
some of the folks
shown getting off looked ready for the palsy ward they were shaking so
badly...a few were almost jogging (as best a heavy smoker *can* jog)
to get to a...
Forum: Air travel March 28th, 2007, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Passenger removed from flight in Labrador

Per DevilsPGD:
I worked at one place where perfume was permitted, but if there were any
complaints, you would be asked to not wear perfume again.

Never seen that, but once I saw something happen...
Forum: Air travel March 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Passenger removed from flight in Labrador

Per Larry in AZ:
when did you ever hear of an unruly passenger causing trouble because of his
cigarette..?

Every time the fool exhales and people around him eventually have to inhale.
--...
Forum: Air travel March 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Portable hard drive through airport security?

Per PTravel:
It is, which is why they are x-rayed separately. Apparently, the carryon
x-ray is sufficiently sensitive to discriminate between a block of C4 and a
laptop battery.

That would...
Forum: Air travel March 26th, 2007, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Portable hard drive through airport security?

Per Mike Hunt:
Somebody explain to me why a laptop isn't the ideal bomb-carrying device -
especially one with a dock for a spare battery.

Laptops, the modern day radio/tape player? Remember...
Forum: Air travel March 26th, 2007, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Portable hard drive through airport security?

Per Larry in AZ:
Showing laptops working hasn't been necessary for a long, long time. You are
required to take them out of their carrying case, but that's it.

Somebody explain to me why a laptop...
Forum: Air travel March 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 44
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
BA places corpse next to first-class passenger

Per Craig Welch:
Really? The lavatories on international flights are often covered in it,
to a degree that would not be acceptable at a ground location.

Yet Another Reason I'm glad I don't fly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 172