Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 4.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chuck Whealton
Forum: Asia November 18th, 2007, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Travel Asia?

On Nov 18, 11:21 am, "justme" wrote:
Sure this is the right site??news group?
Seems like its been spamed by MI5?

Unfortunately, the same SPAM is posted to a huge number...
Forum: Asia July 31st, 2007, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Ha Long Bay Tour?

On Jul 30, 3:49 pm, "John Keiser"
wrote:
I'll be in Hanoi with a few days to kill.
Thinking about Ha Long Bay.
Kangaroo Cafe [the real one] purportedly had good...
Forum: Asia February 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM Posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.korean,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.singapore
Replies: 25
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Random Pics From Hong Kong

On Feb 28, 3:05 am, "RichAsianKid" wrote:
As a gesture of goodwill, RichAsianKid posts some pics for soc.*
newsgroups.....and they're not necessarily all touristy.

Forum: Latin America February 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Chuck Whealton
The modern version Greek beautiful woman

No question that the women who's photographs you have on your blog are
very beautiful! However, wouldn't this particular URL have been
better posted in a Usenet newsgroup related to Greece, or...
Forum: Asia January 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Asia is offline

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Chuck Whealton says...

However, I have to ask if surfing the web in Vietnam is ever actually
Forum: Asia December 31st, 2006, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck Whealton
North or South Vietnam?

wrote:
Hi all,
I'm currently in Vang Vieng Laos and planning to go to Vietnam soon.

I heard that the weather now (January) supposed to be very cold in
northern...
Forum: Asia December 30th, 2006, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Asia is offline

Alfred Molon wrote:
The earthquake of Dec. 27th off Taiwan severed a number of submarine
communication cables, causing problems in accessing the Internet in a
number of east Asian countries. I...
Forum: Latin America December 29th, 2006, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Chuck Whealton
indiafaredeals

nik wrote:
I think "http://www.indiafardeals.com" is one of the best travel sites
on the web. I keep coming back to your site, especially for the
fantastic fares you show every time, really a...
Forum: Asia November 23rd, 2006, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 19
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Is there anything to see in Asia?

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Tchiowa says...

Parties don't run in the US. It's a completely different system than
most of...
Forum: Asia November 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 19
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Is there anything to see in Asia?

Peter Webb wrote:
"Chuck Whealton" wrote in message

Peter Webb wrote:

Could I recommend...
Forum: Asia November 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Whealton
My Used Bookstores in Chiang Mai -- Please Behave Yourselves

Miguel Cruz wrote:
"Chuck Whealton" wrote:
Guy, unfortunately, this is one of the bad things about Usenet.
Anybody can post anything they want about anyone, using...
Forum: Asia November 22nd, 2006, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 19
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Is there anything to see in Asia?

Peter Webb wrote:

Could I recommend the "Museum of American war atrocities" (since renamed) in
Saigon?

I can't believe I forgot this one. I also went there. No question
that the (previous?)...
Forum: Asia November 18th, 2006, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 19
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Is there anything to see in Asia?

bob wrote:
Doesn't everybody hate Bush?

"prior" wrote in message
Are there any ninja suicide demonstrations? ...
Forum: Asia November 18th, 2006, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Saigon Day Trips?

Chris Blunt wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:08:31 GMT, Dean Harris
wrote:

Hi,

I'll be in HCMC Nov 22nd-Dec6th and was wondering if anyone could
recommend...
Forum: Asia November 18th, 2006, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Whealton
My Used Bookstores in Chiang Mai -- Please Behave Yourselves

GeckoBooks wrote:
This post is fake.
I just noticed that someone is pretending to be me on rec.travel.asia
This Gecko Books thread was not written by me and does not reflect my
feelings. Any...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Staying in San Francisco? Nice places to see...

Icono Clast wrote:
Chuck Whealton wrote:
Alcatraz Fisherman's Warf The trolly car museum Riding the trolly
car

We don't have those. We have streetcars and cable cars.

Icono, you're...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Calif Bill wrote:
"Chuck Whealton" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:
"Chuck Whealton"...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"Chuck Whealton" wrote in message

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
Forum: USA & Canada October 23rd, 2006, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Staying in San Francisco? Nice places to see...

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"Hatunen" wrote in message
On 22 Oct 2006 12:29:08 -0700, "Chuck Whealton"
Forum: USA & Canada October 23rd, 2006, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Hatunen wrote:
On 22 Oct 2006 12:29:08 -0700, "Chuck Whealton"
wrote:

I'd be curious if the Golden Gate Recreational Area has been fixed up
since I was last...
Forum: USA & Canada October 23rd, 2006, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Calif Bill wrote:
"Chuck Whealton" wrote in message

Icono Clast wrote:
Forum: USA & Canada October 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Anyone use Hotwire for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale???

wrote:
Hi all

I was thinking of using Hotwire or Priceline to book a hotel room in
Fort Lauderdale for the night before my cruise in April. Only thing is
that Priceline...
Forum: Air travel October 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote:
Hi all

I was thinking of using Hotwire or Priceline to book a hotel room in
Fort Lauderdale for the night before my cruise in April. Only thing is
that Priceline...
Forum: Cruises October 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7

wrote:
Hi all

I was thinking of using Hotwire or Priceline to book a hotel room in
Fort Lauderdale for the night before my cruise in April. Only thing is
that Priceline...
Forum: USA & Canada October 22nd, 2006, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Chuck Whealton
Staying in San Francisco? Nice places to see...

Icono Clast wrote:
wrote:
If you either live in or will travel to the [San Francisco] Bay Area

The "Don't-miss sights in San Francisco" page
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84