Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 1.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mrtravel[_2_]
Forum: Air travel October 24th, 2008, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
TSA agent steals $200K worth of gear, resells it on eBay

wrote:
http://technorati.com/posts/h9dc_JDCpd2Ob8SXgv_8uSDtCosyG4WAhwNIxrhfv_0%3D\

This is only the tip of the iceberg, and it was predicted that
dishonest TSA agents would...
Forum: Air travel October 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
SF Chronicle for Around the World Air Travel

W. eWatson wrote:

I lost the response to a similar post made some months ago. I was in the
library today looking for ads about world wide travel by air, but didn't
see any in the Sunday...
Forum: Air travel October 21st, 2008, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Allegedly, Delta Baggage: Ft Lauderdale---ATL, 50 lbs plus 3lbs Over = $83 !

mrtravel wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

On Oct 20, 4:23 am, mrtravel wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

Fortunately, the passenger was able to stick the 3 lbs overage ...
Forum: Air travel October 21st, 2008, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.air

Robert Cohen wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:23 am, mrtravel wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

Fortunately, the passenger was able to stick the 3 lbs overage in
friend's...
Forum: Air travel October 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.air

Robert Cohen wrote:

Fortunately, the passenger was able to stick the 3 lbs overage in
friend's suitcase

If this anecdote is of a true fee figure, then ... semi-terrific

If the...
Forum: Air travel October 20th, 2008, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

grusl wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message ...

grusl wrote:

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message...
Forum: Air travel October 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

grusl wrote:

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

In article ,
Brian...
Forum: Air travel October 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

Brian wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:34:59 -0700, mrtravel wrote:

I see. it's impossible to flunk out of Harvard.

Not impossible but much more difficult. Supposedly...
Forum: Air travel October 16th, 2008, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air

Brian wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:34:59 -0700, mrtravel wrote:

I see. it's impossible to flunk out of Harvard.

Not impossible but much more difficult. Supposedly...
Forum: Air travel October 16th, 2008, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

Brian wrote:

And the Naval Academy, unlike Harvard and many other schools, doesn't
have grade inflation and does flunk people out.

I see. it's impossible to flunk out of Harvard.
Forum: Air travel October 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

Brian wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:05:45 -0700, mrtravel wrote:

If you try hard enough, you could actually access published reports of
his honors. After all, these...
Forum: Air travel October 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
UNITED Airlines SUCKS

P T wrote:

Jay F wrote

the desire to seek the lowest possible
fare no matter what is often what leads
to the subsequent travel nightmares.

Forum: Air travel October 14th, 2008, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
How much is a First Class Seat worth to you ... per hour?

tim..... wrote:

"-hh" wrote in message

A semi-hypothetical question.

Given...
Forum: Air travel October 14th, 2008, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

Micky wrote:
Why is it important to see Obama's college records? Because the media
has created fantasies around Obama on every issue. You should start
dispelling them with the easiest one, i.e....
Forum: Air travel October 5th, 2008, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
New 30-40 seats regional?

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 07:58:05 +0200 (CEST), James Robinson

I flew a -400 last year in Europe and I was...
Forum: Air travel October 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
UNITED Airlines SUCKS

Hoover wrote:

Service is pathetic - repeated mechanical problems. I hope they go bankrupt,
along with every other line that is ripping off the public.

How exactly is UA ripping off the...
Forum: Air travel October 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
UNITED Airlines SUCKS

Peach wrote:
me.

What ticks me off is...the whole charging for baggage now. I never
check my luggage...I always have a small pilot case I use for all my
business trips. If it doesn't...
Forum: Air travel October 1st, 2008, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
LAX to BOS for late November: when to buy a ticket

SMS wrote:
VS wrote:

Hey, I was the one that suggested JetBlue to the OP because they tend to
have lower "no-advance-purchase" fares than other airlines.

Lower than WN?

I am just asking....
Forum: Air travel September 28th, 2008, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message mrtravel was claimed to
have wrote:

Jeff Hacker wrote:

yes

"Hoff 119N" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel September 27th, 2008, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

jessica_smith_nyc wrote:
I would call the airline before your flight to make sure...........

It's on the website. People that bought tickets before the increase do
not pay the fee.
Forum: Air travel September 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

SMS wrote:

Timothy J. Lee wrote:

In article ,
SMS wrote:

I think most of the people going to the show from...
Forum: Air travel September 27th, 2008, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

Jeff Hacker wrote:
yes

"Hoff 119N" wrote in message

Bought my tickets on USAir in June - at the time they...
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2008, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 26
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
Planes in Europe

Janet Wilder wrote:

I can't begin to count the number of times I have interpreted for French
Canadians traveling in the US and also in Mexico.

This will be my first trip to Europe....
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

Rudy wrote:

"Hoff 119N" wrote in message

Bought my tickets on USAir in June - at the time they didn't charge...
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mrtravel[_2_]
baggage fee

Hoff 119N wrote:
Bought my tickets on USAir in June - at the time they didn't charge for
baggage - now they do - do I have to pay?? Thanks

If I had to guess I would say no. What did they...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250