Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Wolf
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve Wolf
Full size folding bicycles for camping -- Good or Bad?

You're limiting yourself too much to wonder why one would buy a folding
bike just to camp.

The people I know with folding bikes don't hesitate to take them
camping. They also take them when they...
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve Wolf
Full size folding bicycles for camping -- Good or Bad?

How much does your standard bike cost? That's the problem. These bikes
are in no way "standard". They are expensive, crafted devices that
normally run well over $1000.

Steve
www.wolfswords.com...
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve Wolf
Full size folding bicycles for camping -- Good or Bad?

While having the experience of riding folding bikes with both smaller
and normal wheels (!), I find neither lacking.

Which bike have you experience with that was unstable?

Steve
www.wolfswords.com...
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve Wolf
Full size folding bicycles for camping -- Good or Bad?

A folding bike does not imply a flimsy bike. There are many that have
traversed the world and were never found lacking. The only issue is
quality.

For example, see http://www.bikefriday.com/ and...
Forum: USA & Canada May 27th, 2009, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve Wolf
Full size folding bicycles for camping -- Good or Bad?

The Adventure Cycling Association has had a number of articles on the
folding bicycles. I remember Bike Friday being among the premier brand.
You might check...
Forum: USA & Canada August 11th, 2008, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.rec.camping,alt.rv,alt.travel.canada,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 46
Posted By Steve Wolf
Watch out for Credit Card fees when travelling to Canada

Debit cards have safeguards.

If my debit card is used improperly and I conform with the requirements,
such as reporting the violation within forty-eight hours of my learning
of it, I am protected....
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2007, 08:40 AM Posted to triangle.general,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 35
Posted By Steve Wolf
Important safety message

A kid in our city would have fun running down a particular set of garbage
cans each garbage day. Perhaps he knew the fellow. The fellow did not know
him. He just went out and cleaned up the...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7