Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 1.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sarah Banick
Forum: Europe October 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 48
Posted By Sarah Banick
7 days in Riga - Report

One stall that I
found sold only jam jar lids, what do people want these for? I guess that
they make their own jam from stuff that they forage in the forest but why
do
they just need...
Forum: Europe October 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Sarah Banick
Driving into Macedonia(FYR)

you see. in our language Macedonia is a mix of fruits.. that is because
the OLD REGION of Macedonia was the place where many different tribes
with many different languages were living.
Forum: Europe October 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Sarah Banick
Driving into Macedonia(FYR)

"tile" wrote in message
Graham Harrison wrote:
Pls do not say to a Greek you are going to Fyrom. as they call it
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 44
Posted By Sarah Banick
Genuine Paris

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

It's fun to see str8 guys accidentally stumble into gay bars, the looks on
Forum: Europe October 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 227
Posted By Sarah Banick
French Attitude

--------------
But also for a woman. How else do you think millions of women in
Asia
and Africa manage daily ??
And wc is "water closet". Of course a hole in the floor can ...
Forum: Europe September 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Sarah Banick
Berlin: DDR Palast der Republik ist Kaput...!!! :-(

"Greg Morrow Brings 'U' The News..." wrote in message
Looky here, the former DDR Parliament building is almost...
Forum: Europe September 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
From Vienna to Sofia (via a western sightseeing route or an eastern???)

"
But I got some guide books from the library on Slovenia, Croatia and
Bosnia--the western route. So many beautiful places to see. Dubrovnik
and
Sarajevo look wonderful.

I was...
Forum: Europe September 4th, 2008, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Sarah Banick
Hotels in eastern Europe -- Recommendations welcomed

obviously much less expensive than $250+/night.

Eastern / Central Europe WAS very cheap (compared to Western Europe) up
until two or three years ago but these days, unless you're well off...
Forum: USA & Canada August 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 38
Posted By Sarah Banick
.and a cast of thousands

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message
Again you are judging the Chinese using American standards. I don't
know if they are old...
Forum: Europe August 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 70
Posted By Sarah Banick
.and a cast of thousands

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message
Again you are judging the Chinese using American standards. I don't
know if they are old...
Forum: Caribbean August 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 36
Posted By Sarah Banick
.and a cast of thousands

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message
Again you are judging the Chinese using American standards. I don't
know if they are old...
Forum: Asia August 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 37
Posted By Sarah Banick
.and a cast of thousands

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message
Again you are judging the Chinese using American standards. I don't
know if they are old...
Forum: USA & Canada August 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah Banick
Need help on Lookout Mountain & Smoky Mountain trip, and more

"travel finder" wrote in message
I am planning to go Lookout Mountain and Smoky Mountain in October...
Forum: USA & Canada August 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah Banick
Asheville, NC

"Keith M" wrote in message
I'm going to be spending 5 or 6 days in Asheville, NC in a few weeks.

Forum: USA & Canada August 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Sarah Banick
Stopover?

"MI" wrote in message

On 8/18/08 8:08 AM, in article
,
"Sarah Banick"...
Forum: Europe August 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,tn.general,memphis.general
Replies: 18
Posted By Sarah Banick
Bonjour losers!

"Brussels Hilton" wrote in message
On 17 Aug, 15:38, (John Kulp)...
Forum: USA & Canada August 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Sarah Banick
Stopover?

"MI" wrote in message

On 8/17/08 4:14 AM, in article ,
"Magiel Venema"...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 472
Posted By Sarah Banick
The Most Expensive Tap Water In The World

In Greece the credit card culture still doesn't seem to have caught
on very much at all. Away from the capital and the major tourist
places I would never think of offering a card in payment...
Forum: Europe July 24th, 2008, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 980
Posted By Sarah Banick
****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

"JohnT" wrote in message
"Sarah Banick" wrote in message
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 980
Posted By Sarah Banick
****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

"IMO Formule-1 is to hotels as McDonalds is to restaurants.

Personal experience?

McDs is cheap, clean and good value.

I've used Formule 1, BBs, Villagers, Mr Bed, Fasthotel...
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 980
Posted By Sarah Banick
****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

"JohnT" wrote in message
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 102
Posted By Sarah Banick
Europe Trip-Mid Aug

"Keith Anderson" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:11:23 +0100, "Mike....."
Forum: Europe July 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 980
Posted By Sarah Banick
****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

The other money-saving option is to go east. If it's the Mediterranean
you want, think Croatia with Adriatic coastal towns like Split or
historic Dubrovnik. Similar options might be Bulgaria's...
Forum: Europe July 21st, 2008, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 102
Posted By Sarah Banick
Europe Trip-Mid Aug

"Mike....." wrote in message
Following up to Kamakazee

are these roads "highways"
in the sense we...
Forum: USA & Canada July 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Sarah Banick
Trip: Washington Baltimore Philadelphia Louisville Virginia Beach Indianapolis Cincinnati.

This is what I mean, if in the neighborhood of these cities we want to
visit, there are company's like that (who you can visit) I would like
to know.

I've seen lot's of things like these...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250