Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 223rem[_2_]
Forum: USA & Canada May 28th, 2007, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Hatunen wrote:
I'm going to suggest that with a truck he choose a route carrying
him along old US-66, or at least its current interstate
incarnations, through Oklahoma City, Albuquerque,...
Forum: USA & Canada May 26th, 2007, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Patok wrote:

All very good points. So here's my suggestion (that's how I did that
trip, starting from Chicago) - make the first section the longest, and
each subsequent one shorter. That...
Forum: USA & Canada May 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

It will take me a week? ****. But your post makes sense.
Forum: USA & Canada May 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

scabbardgirl wrote:

If you're driving a truck, and you're not experienced at it, the 15
miles of downhill from Park City, UT, into Salt Lake City can be
nervewracking. It's a 6% downhill...
Forum: USA & Canada May 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Patok wrote:
John David Galt wrote:

In Utah I strongly recommend taking I-84 west to I-15 south rather than
staying on I-80. This adds about 8 miles to your trip. but it reduces
the...
Forum: USA & Canada May 24th, 2007, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada

John David Galt wrote:
In Utah I strongly recommend taking I-84 west to I-15 south rather than
staying on I-80. This adds about 8 miles to your trip. but it reduces
the difficult Rocky...
Forum: USA & Canada May 23rd, 2007, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Doug McDonald wrote:
223rem wrote:

That's the route. From Indy to Round Rock is easy and straight,

I only found a Round Rock in Texas...

Rock Springs. I should have refreshed...
Forum: USA & Canada May 23rd, 2007, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Doug McDonald wrote:
223rem wrote:
Here's what I'm planning:

Indianpolis -- Lincoln NE 11 hours
Lincoln NE -- Salt Lake City UT 11 hours
Salt Lake -- San Jose CA 11 hours

The...
Forum: USA & Canada May 23rd, 2007, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

Here's what I'm planning:

Indianpolis -- Lincoln NE 11 hours
Lincoln NE -- Salt Lake City UT 11 hours
Salt Lake -- San Jose CA 11 hours

The route on Google maps: http://tinyurl.com/34fzz8

Does...
Forum: USA & Canada March 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
My 1700 mile trip in the West & South-West

http://tinyurl.com/2ofv8k

Antelope Canyon and the Zion National Park are of a surreal beauty. Of
course, the Grand Canyon is grand, but everyone knows that. I suspect
that the Northern Rim of the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 8th, 2007, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Asheville-Gatlinburg April 1-4

DaveS wrote:
Hi All,
Would love to hear comments & suggestions on accomodations &
sightseeing (by car) for two days each in Asheville & Gatlinburg and
then up to Lexington to visit relatives....
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

As an European living in the US, I can tell you this: if you want to see
the most European-like aspects of America then stay on the east coast,
drive from NYC/Boston to Miami, whatever....
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

Brian K wrote:
On 3/6/2007 12:34 AM 223rem wrote:
pltrgyst wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:33:39 -0500, 223rem wrote:

.... Driving on the East Coast is boring and...
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

pltrgyst wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:53:31 -0500, 223rem wrote:

Regarding car rental: get a full size car with a V8 engine.

Grand Marquis (handles like ****) and...
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

pltrgyst wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:33:39 -0500, 223rem wrote:

.... Driving on the East Coast is boring and speed limits are
low and strictly enforced.

There's...
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

Regarding car rental: get a full size car with a V8 engine.
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2007, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Road Trip advice

Dont bother with the East Coast or the Midwest (yuck, I should now, I
live there). Driving on the East Coast is boring and speed limits are
low and strictly enforced.

Fly to the West Coast (LA or...
Forum: Europe February 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Traveling with US and EU passports?

wrote:
In article ,
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
As you
probably know, it is illegal to...
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11

wrote:
In article ,
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
As you
probably know, it is illegal to...
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2007, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Traveling with US and EU passports?

Jim Davis wrote:

Customs agents don't pay too much attention to stamps. Most passports
are scanned now, and all the information is on the screen in front of
them.

Customs agents come after...
Forum: Europe February 24th, 2007, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe

Jim Davis wrote:

Customs agents don't pay too much attention to stamps. Most passports
are scanned now, and all the information is on the screen in front of
them.

Customs agents come after...
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By 223rem[_2_]
Traveling with US and EU passports?

When traveling from the US to the EU and back: if I use an EU country
passport to enter the EU, and my US passport when returning to the US,
will the US border agent wonder why I have no foreign...
Forum: Europe February 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe