Showing results 1 to 25 of 162
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Levine
Forum: Air travel October 9th, 2017, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By John Levine
Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

In article ,
wrote:
Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2017 00:34:26 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some...
Forum: Air travel October 1st, 2017, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By John Levine
Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

In article ,
wrote:
Am Montag, 28. Mai 2012 17:32:50 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some reasonable...
Forum: Air travel May 18th, 2017, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
Which major carrier to choose: United, Delta, and American all seemto have issues

In article ,
MacFarland wrote:
For those of you who fly a lot, in light of all the problems for UAL and Delta at least,...
Forum: Air travel May 18th, 2017, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
Why is UAL much more for coach than Delta or American?

In article ,
MacFarland wrote:
I am not trying to make a statement that is always true but I'm trying to get a round...
Forum: Air travel May 10th, 2017, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
When is the best time to buy airline tickes price-wise?

In article you write:
For a trip that is the weekend before Thanksgiving in the U.S., will the ticket prices go down any from now?

Very...
Forum: Air travel June 2nd, 2016, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
Allegedly: The 20 Safest Major Airlines & The 10 Safest Discount Airlines

In article ,
Robert Cohen wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/video?ocid=spartandhp

That link currently leads to a video of...
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2015, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John Levine
Travelocity oddity

So, if you can, please check out the Scratchpad and see if it's working
as expected.

Nothing odd on mine.

I presume you've noticed that Travelocity is now merely a rebranded
version of Expedia. ...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2015, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By John Levine
Things I notice about routes

1. Some airlines are strong during the day but lose numbers at night. Some airlines are consistent throughout the day and night.

Makes sense. If you mostly have short routes, you want both ends...
Forum: Air travel September 3rd, 2015, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
Flying Labor Day on Standby

1. The lowest price I found won't tell me when the flights are until I pay for the ticket. That's a pretty rotten
system. Why do they do that?

Sounds like Hotwire. Airlines are willing to...
Forum: Air travel March 29th, 2015, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By John Levine
Precheck except sometimes

I have a NEXUS card which gives me a known traveller number. Usually
I get precheck on my boarding pass, but sometimes I don't, and I can't
figure out what the difference is. TSA vaguely claims...
Forum: Air travel November 27th, 2014, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John Levine
Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston?

mentioned in your post. I am grateful to you for this informative and
useful sharing.As you mention that the ticket is only in $54 I must say
it is very reasonable price and affordable. I will ask...
Forum: Air travel November 12th, 2014, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John Levine
Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston?

I always prefer to go by bus during my USA tours. I think it is much
convenient to go with a bus but this time I want to go by air travel so
, I need you help guys. I hope all of you will suggest...
Forum: Air travel October 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By John Levine
beer, was finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

Big US breweries lost 10% of the marketshare recently. It's a big
drop, but the US market is still saturated with poor quality beer.

Perhaps this would be a good time to talk about France. 1664,...
Forum: Air travel September 30th, 2014, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By John Levine
finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

know that in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal, you go directly from an
incoming international flight to US customs. CATSA says they allow
duty free security bags but it's not clear whether they...
Forum: Air travel September 30th, 2014, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By John Levine
finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

The US is about the worst place on the planet to find quality beer,

That used to be true. Now we have a gazillion microbreweries, many of
which distribute in supermarkets and liquor stores, and a...
Forum: Air travel September 30th, 2014, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By John Levine
finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

But that's overly restrictive because it cuts out non-US connections,
which allow the sealed carry-on.

Remember that most US airports do not have customs facilities. If you
can't find a flight...
Forum: Air travel September 25th, 2014, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By John Levine
finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

So how can someone search for flights to the U.S. that require no
U.S. connections, but allow any number of non-US connections?

My advice is forget it. Most US airports have no...
Forum: Air travel February 28th, 2014, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By John Levine
YYZ prescreening, was LHR international arrival confusion

Indeed. The itinerary was Europe to Canada to US, and the US had two
intl airports (which I won't reveal for privacy). There was a
"pre-screening" in Toronto, where US ICE was operating in...
Forum: Air travel October 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John Levine
JFK to LGA

The post was 10 years old!

Ah, no wonder my news server couldn't find it. Well, better late than
never. I hope he caught his flight.

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator...

Ok, I'm about to buy two tickets to Rio (GAG).

I sure hope you mean GIG.

to JFK. But then I would depart LGA for IND. I would arrive in JFK at
6:05am and depart LGA at 4PM the same day. ...
Forum: Air travel July 8th, 2013, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By John Levine
Plane crash at SFO - would it kill them to install a camera at theairport?

So now they have to spend millions of dollars, integrate data from
dozens of witnesses and video footage taken a mile away, data recorders,
ground radar, take months doing that to figure out...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2013, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By John Levine
Need advice - Looking for a deal on flights to Cuba

I'm in a tight spot and was looking for a good deal on mid-week flights
SVO - HAV. ...

I think that the US Department of Transportation will give you all the help
you need. It is, of...
Forum: Air travel April 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By John Levine
When to purchase an airline ticket?

Im planning a trip to Milwaukee Wisconsin in August. When would be the
best time to purchase my ticket...now or should i wait until June or July?

Buy it now. Planes are quite full, it's much more...
Forum: Air travel April 3rd, 2013, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John Levine
Affordable Air-travel Info

Wow, you must be the last Webtv user in the world.

Please advise, IS THERE a place I can go to online, which I can
personally navigate without "hi-tech" capability?

The usual online agents like...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By John Levine
How Long Did It Take This TSA Agent to Figure Out His Detector Wasn't Working?

In article ,
Binyamin Dissen wrote:
I wonder why the agent wasn't suspicious that no one set it off. There has got
to be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 162