Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Smith[_2_]
Forum: USA & Canada December 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
the US Americans at Constant War

sharx35 wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today...
Forum: USA & Canada December 3rd, 2007, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

Smiles wrote:

In the past 20 years, I've been to Canada about 19 times & never found
one place serving poutine. For my last trip to Vancouver, I
researched the internet for over a...
Forum: USA & Canada December 1st, 2007, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

Prue's Doux wrote:

Funny how I can find donair, a Turkish dish (called 'gyro' by the
Greeks), in every Canadian city but not poutine.

That's not funny. It makes perfect sense. Donairs /...
Forum: USA & Canada December 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Niagara Falls in February

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

I've never seen the water flowing over the falls frozen, and maybe the
mist freezes but I've not seen it like an ice storm

I would think that the mist...
Forum: USA & Canada November 30th, 2007, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Niagara Falls in February

Gareth Slee wrote:

I live in South Wales where the average lows in winter and around 5.C
and where we get very little snow.
I wasn't planning on driving anyway but taking a bus.

The bus...
Forum: USA & Canada November 30th, 2007, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Niagara Falls in February

wrote:

I understand it can get a little cold that time of the year?

Niagra Fall's average temperatures in February a
High 34F (1C)
Low 17F (-8C)

Toronto is...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2007, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Niagara Falls in February

Gareth Slee wrote:

We're travelling from the UK in February and staying 7 nights in
Toronto.
I understand it can get a little cold that time of the year? Are there
possible problems in...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

BrianK wrote:

I wonder if Celine Dion knows how to make it. She's French Canadian.
She lived in and played Las Vegas for several years. Wouldn't it be
funny if Celine Dion opened poutine...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Why is Poutine so rare in Canada?

James Silverton wrote:

I would dispute the words "good poutine". As someone just said
it's "heart attack central" and even worse than Dutch French
Fries with mayonnaise (IMHO of course).

I...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2007, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Prue's Doux wrote:

In the past 20 years, I've been to Canada about 19 times & never found
one place serving poutine. For my last trip to Vancouver, I
researched the internet for over a...
Forum: Europe November 29th, 2007, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
visit Paris during stopover at CDG

"H.S." wrote:

Hello,

We have a stopover at Paris CDG airport of around 11 hours (6am till
around 5pm). Our baggages will be already checked in and we don't have
to retrieve them during...
Forum: USA & Canada November 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Toronto: Something to do during 4 hour layover?

Jim Davis wrote:

On Nov 25, 3:07 pm, Greg Guarino wrote:
We're not visiting Toronto, but we have a pretty inconvenient flight
itinerary. Is a decent meal...
Forum: USA & Canada November 25th, 2007, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Dave Smith wrote:

Greg Guarino wrote:

We're not visiting Toronto, but we have a pretty inconvenient flight
itinerary. Is a decent meal (luinch) OUTSIDE the airport possible to
Forum: USA & Canada November 25th, 2007, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Greg Guarino wrote:

We're not visiting Toronto, but we have a pretty inconvenient flight
itinerary. Is a decent meal (luinch) OUTSIDE the airport possible to
do in that much time?

There...
Forum: USA & Canada November 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

cuddly wuddly wrote:

That man, Dave Smith, is a Police officer himself and is not interested in
an open discussion.

I am not a police officer, and never was. You on the other hand, are...
Forum: USA & Canada November 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

TopPoster wrote:

That is to become a citizen, you can live in Canada as a landed immigrant
speaking whatever language you like

That's true. A lot of people seem to think that we should...
Forum: USA & Canada November 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

downtown Jack wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Greg Carr wrote:

No it isn't a requirement to be a citizen to...
Forum: USA & Canada November 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Greg Carr wrote:

No it isn't a requirement to be a citizen to know either of the official
languages. I think it should be but it isn't and why the deceased failed to
learn English in the yrs...
Forum: USA & Canada November 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

RJ wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:

An RCMP officer? I am not, never was.

I'm guessing shopping mall security guard.

In which case you would be wrong again.
Forum: USA & Canada November 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's far from a stupid word trap. It's a direct question that you refuse
to answer.
If you had just been tased twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on you in a
Forum: USA & Canada November 23rd, 2007, 03:12 AM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top
of
your back and neck, and you couldn't...
Forum: USA & Canada November 23rd, 2007, 01:52 AM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The...
Forum: USA & Canada November 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

Call it spin if you want, but I have been through use of force training.
The use of force continuum, which you apparently are not aware off,
indicates taser in...
Forum: USA & Canada November 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

Try and spin it however you want.
The fact is the officers didn't do what they were trained to do.

They are not trained to tase first, without trying...
Forum: USA & Canada November 22nd, 2007, 08:14 PM Posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave Smith[_2_]
Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Smells like Poutine wrote:

He may have been struggling - to breathe.

Officers are trained to, after tasing someone, get him upright. The
officers didn't follow their training in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250