Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Philip and Heather Johnson
Forum: Cruises February 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 43
Emerald Princess - January 5-15, 2008 - review and picttures

Thanks for the review Sue! Princess is our favorite line also, although we
are about to leave on the Miracle March 14th. I can cruise on anything(G)

thanks...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2008, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Embarking question

We were on Carnival last year in Feb.out of Ft. Lauderdale. We got to the
port at 11:30 and basically walked right in. There were no lines anywhere.
I checked the time when we sat down for lunch...
Forum: Cruises February 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26

Hi Mitch,
Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising, you'll love it!!!

Motion sickness is a strange animal. Some people experience sickness easily,
some never. I get sick on Disney's it's a small...
Forum: Cruises February 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Should I bother with a TA

I think it depends on personal preference and a good TA. We decided to go
on a cruise at the last minute. I called my favorite TA, bada boom we're
booked. No muss, no fuss. Was it the best...
Forum: Cruises January 31st, 2007, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
GRATUITIES...FINAL THOUGHT

Cruise ship employees aren't paid a salary. They do sign a contract for
something like $100 per 4 months to validate the contract. All their
income is from tips. So in that instance it...
Forum: Cruises January 30th, 2007, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
GGC2008: Does anyone care about doing this?

Hi Greg,
Heather and I were also on the GGC2000. (you, and everyone involved, did a
fantastic job) I still wear the tee shirt and even came across another
couple that was on the GGC2000 on our...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
OT... one reason to cruise, a reflection

LOL Tom, Maybe you're right!

"Tom K" wrote in message
Garish floating palaces? Central American Slums?

Time to switch ships. ...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 64
GRATUITIES...Look within, maybe you are cheap....

Hey George,
I just thought of something. If I slip you a twenty before you book my next
cruise, will you get me a better cabin?

Phil ...has a real problem being serious (sorry George, didn't mean...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 64
GRATUITIES...Look within, maybe you are cheap....

That to me, is a bribe and an insult insinuating that you will not get
good service unless you make a *deposit*...

Perhaps PAC's should give to candidates after they leave office...
Perhaps...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2007, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
OT... one reason to cruise, a reflection

For me, one of best things about cruising is the anticipation of the next
one. I know the same thing can be said of land based vacations, but the
high seas still holds a romantic fascination for...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2007, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 64
GRATUITIES...Look within, maybe you are cheap....

I always slip the cabin steward 20 bucks the first day, what's that? 3
drinks, and say, "Don't forget about us this week." ...wink wink, nudge
nudge, know what I mean...

Phil ...never had a...
Forum: Cruises January 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
World Cruise

Hello,
When we were in Grenada a couple of years ago we talked to a man who was
doing just that, and he had nothing but good things to say about the
experience. He told us that there were four...
Forum: Cruises January 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Excursion question

Hi Sue and Peri,

Thanks so much for the reply. This group is a wonderful resource and the
people we met on the GGC2000 re-enforced the reason why we cruise. The
people are the most friendly and...
Forum: Cruises January 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Excursion question

Thanks guys,
I'll give ol' Reg a call...

Phil

If you want to do cave tubing and take the ship's tours, you will go with
about 200 of your closest friends. If you take a private tour, you...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2007, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Excursion question

Hi All,

Just received our cruise docs for Feb 20th Carnival Legend 8 day to Panama,
Costa Rica, and Belize. Oh so sweet when it's 5 degrees out G

I wanted to know how many people generally are...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2007, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Carnival Legend - Western Carib tour

Hi Eddie,
No, little money, lots of craziness. In fact I'm about done. Too old. g
I agree, no excuse for running out of food. It's not like you're not sure
how many people you're going to...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2007, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Carnival Legend - Western Carib tour

Hey thanks Dillon,

I'm checking it out .... well after the football game g
Phil

Try www.shoretrips.com. We booked the cave tubing through them. 14
people in our party instead of a bus or...
Forum: Cruises January 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Carnival Legend - Western Carib tour

Yes, I do love to eat. I retired after 30 years and promptly went to work
as a cook! My son has been a chef for 10 years and my daughter worked with
me the last 2...(my wife has it made:) After...
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Carnival Legend - Western Carib tour

Eddie, I will personally sample every item in every buffet I come
across.g Just kidding, sort of. I have seen some pretty amazing feats of
culinary indulgence and indeed have partaken in more...
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Carnival Legend - Western Carib tour

Hi Eddie,
We just booked the same cruise!!!
When are you going? Ours is Feb.20th. We are probably doing the same thing
as you. Trying to figure out what to do. My wife has informed me that she...
Forum: Cruises January 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Port of Miami bomb scare, part 2

LOL
Brian, maybe it was morning after methane

Phil ..............
Forum: Cruises January 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Antiviral Handwipes

Hi Kathy,
I work in a restaurant in a resort and we had an outbreak of Norwalk a year
ago. The heath dept. went over our kitchen with a fine tooth comb and
didn't find anything. It (the virus) is...
Forum: Cruises January 9th, 2007, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
San Juan

Hi Sandy,

We were there a couple years ago and walked around old san juan. Lot of
little shops and places to eat. I liked it. G
Here is a web site that has a lot of info and...
Forum: Cruises January 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Port of Miami bomb scare, part 2

Don't forget the birds dropping from the sky in Austin Tx.
May you live in interesting times...

Phil doesn't want interesting times
Forum: Cruises January 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Bon Voyage

Hey,

Hope you have a good tour-of-duty. I'll be sure to give your comrads on
Carnival Legend good tips. I find the pain of losing eased by a friendly
dealer. I like to talk to people, find out...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35