Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 2.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Smiles
Forum: USA & Canada April 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Smiles
Twin Cities, Minn.

S.LaRocca wrote:
Heading to the Twin Cities in May...Other than the Mall Of America, we have
no definate plans...Looking for decent diner/greasy spoon type of places to
try & any other places...
Forum: USA & Canada March 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Smiles
Oakland to Whistler

bob edwards wrote:
My ladyfriend and I are going to go from Oakland to Whistler in a few
months for a wedding and I'm trying to decide how we should go. It
seems as if we have several options....
Forum: USA & Canada December 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Smiles
Travelling West next summer (2010)

what are your interests
age group 30 50 70
what do you like to see
how much time do you have

LeRyck wrote:
Hi there!

I am planning to travel West next summer. I'll be leaving Quebec city
Forum: USA & Canada December 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Smiles
vacation in Canada

dave wrote:
How long can someone from the United States legally vacation in
Canada?

the understanding is 3 months in any state or province and you are a
visitor up to six months you are a...
Forum: USA & Canada September 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Posted By Smiles
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

James Silverton wrote:
Qanset wrote on Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:04:55 +1000:

Do banks, Hotels, Restaurants etc, charge a fee for cashing US
Travellers cheques.???

What is a Travellers...
Forum: USA & Canada September 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By Smiles
Itinerary help..

Ok start with the highlights choose your cities and time line

also are you going alone, any children what do you like to see
what are your interests???

you have 14 days less two days for the...
Forum: USA & Canada July 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.transit
Replies: 7
Posted By Smiles
How to book the NYC-Toronto Neon bus

Jimmy wrote:
Spencer Long wrote:
Yes, it is only for the date and time that you book your ticket for.
There are no seat assignments and it's first come, first serve....
Forum: USA & Canada June 27th, 2009, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.travel.canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Smiles
HELP! Customs on Jewelry temporarily entering Canada

Pakistan Boy wrote:
I had the same problem and trust me, its not worth the headache. When
the item arrives you need to goto Customs Office, for Toronto that the
Person airport office. Open...
Forum: USA & Canada June 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 53
Posted By Smiles
Which is best Motel Chain for extended trip to the US.

Debbie wrote:
Also Neville, we have found that both in Canada and the U.S....our RACV
card was accepted for discounts in places that offered a AAA discount.

Debbie

"Debbie"...
Forum: USA & Canada June 24th, 2009, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 53
Posted By Smiles
Which is best Motel Chain for extended trip to the US.

Smiles wrote:
Neville MADDEN wrote:
Good morning,

My wife and I are planning a 3 month tour of the US using a rental car
and staying in motels.

I have looked at the various motel...
Forum: USA & Canada June 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Smiles
Chicago in Sept.

Joe Makowiec wrote:
On 18 Jun 2009 in rec.travel.usa-canada, TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:

We (two retired but physically active, couples ie: don't mind
walking around) are headed to Chicago...
Forum: USA & Canada June 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Neville MADDEN wrote:
Good morning,

My wife and I are planning a 3 month tour of the US using a rental car and
staying in motels.

I have looked at the various motel chains such as...
Forum: USA & Canada June 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Smiles
Wingfest this weekend Hamilton Ontario

short notice

http://www.hamiltonwaterfrontwingfest.com/
Forum: USA & Canada June 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Smiles
Best Crossing I-90 Westbound to QEW to Hamilton (Buffalo vicinity)

Steve Sobol wrote:
In article ,
says...
TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:
rickmastfan67 wrote:
Peace Bridge is the way to go. ...
Forum: USA & Canada June 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Smiles
Best Crossing I-90 Westbound to QEW to Hamilton (Buffalo vicinity)

Norm wrote:
Traveling westbound from NY Thruway (I-90) to QEW toward Hamilton.

Any current opinions on best crossing point?

Interested if any current construction or changes would change...
Forum: USA & Canada August 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Smiles
Niagara Falls Question

by all means it is only a little hill

wrote:
Hello. Is it possible to walk from Embassy Suites to the Table Rock
observation area when the Incline Railway is closed? Thanks.
Forum: USA & Canada May 31st, 2008, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Smiles
Trans-Canada Highway: Sault Ste Marie - Sudbury

its not to bad for one lane with a few passing lanes not much to see for
a four hour drive

some fishing hiking camping and INSECTS(bugs)(FLYS)

Graz wrote:
Anyone familiar with the section from...
Forum: USA & Canada May 24th, 2008, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Smiles
Canda/USA customs - Laptop, etc - Any experiences?

just watch out for US customs on the return

they have been known to look for porn and other bad files

Timothy Stark wrote:
Hello folks,

Next month, I plan to visit Canda (Niagara...
Forum: USA & Canada May 19th, 2008, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By Smiles
Trip across the USA

I always like it when people ask for help planning a trip but do not
specify time line or what they like.
As a rule the US is a five day drive across.

As your proposed route and the others posters...
Forum: USA & Canada May 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Smiles
planning ny-niagara-wasinghton suggestions

Well I would take the train to Buffalo/Niagara Falls rent a car cross
into Canada see the falls at sundown under the lights check the Niagara
Falls web site on fridays there are fireworks also over...
Forum: USA & Canada April 29th, 2008, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Smiles
huge drop off for car rental Vancouver to Seattle

The rate is for them to pay for two men to drive the car and a return
car back to Vancouver and return.

The way I would do it is drive to USA crossing, cross over pick up
second car return...
Forum: USA & Canada March 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By Smiles
driving to Hudson Bay?

No roads it is an off road route no gas stations

rail or plain or canoe best bet

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article
,
Rogen...
Forum: USA & Canada March 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By Smiles
How are gasoline prices in Canada quoted?

Wow

just came back from US (Niagara Falls NY) $3.239/gal you can look at gas
prices at www.wivb.com
$1.086 currantly in Hamilton ON

take care
Smiles

MI wrote:
Forum: USA & Canada March 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By Smiles
How are gasoline prices in Canada quoted?

currently $1.07 per liter in Canada

in Niagara Falls US it is $3.21 a gallon or about $0.85 per liter

TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:
Graz wrote:
Hi all,
Looking at a website such as...
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2008, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
Posted By Smiles
Buying a RV in US or Canada

To get insurance and a license plates you must have a residence in a
state or province.

these are the laws of the land

enjoy

Urs Mueller wrote: