Showing results 1 to 25 of 209
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Newby
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered May 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM Posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Newby
Seeking Advice, Please

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel May 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM Posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Newby
Seeking Advice, Please

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel May 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Newby
Seeking Advice, Please

I am in the USA and plan to buy a ticket for a friend to travel from the UK
to the USA. The airline I checked with said I should make the reservation
and give my friend the confirmation number. ...
Forum: USA & Canada March 31st, 2009, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Newby
Montreal, Canada

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Newby wrote:
Will be visiting for 2 days in mid June [snipped]
Cities aren't...
Forum: USA & Canada March 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Newby
Montreal, Canada

Will be visiting for 2 days in mid June and would appreciate suggestions for
'must see' things to see, or do, in Montreal and the surrounding area. I
am interested in local history, the outdoors,...
Forum: Air travel December 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Newby
IAD-FRA-BAH

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

"Newby" wrote in message
Forum: Air travel December 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Newby
IAD-FRA-BAH

Will I have to claim luggage, clear customs and recheck luggage before going
on to Bahrain?

I will also check with the airlines but thought this group might reply
faster than the airlines.

Thanks...
Forum: Latin America July 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Newby
Tulum

Many thanks to those who responded to my request for information about which
Mayan ruins to see near Cancun. Tulum was nearer and was very interestic.
Next time, we will build in several days to...
Forum: Cruises July 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Newby
Tulum

Many thanks to those who responded to my request for information about which
Mayan ruins to see near Cancun. Tulum was nearer and was very interestic.
Next time, we will build in several days to...
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Newby
Mayan Site - Tulum

Posted to this 'active' group 'cause the rec.travel.latin-america group is
not very active.

Would appreciate any comments/helpful hints regarding the Tulum site in
Mexico. Are there other Mayan...
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2008, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Newby
Mexican Peso vs. US Dollars

Posted to this 'active' group while the rec.travel.latin-america group is
not very active.

A group of us plan to visit Cancun, from the USA. We intend to visit some
of the Mayan ruins and other...
Forum: Latin America June 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Newby
Mexican Peso vs. US Dollars

A group of us plan to visit Cancun, from the USA. We intend to visit some
of the Mayan ruins and other attractions. We would appreciate any
information regarding food and drink (no alcohol) prices...
Forum: Latin America June 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By Newby
Mayan Site - Tulum

Would appreciate any comments/helpful hints regarding the Tulum site in
Mexico. Are there other Mayan sites that would be preferable to visit.

Thank you for any help.
Forum: Latin America March 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Newby
USA FRS Radios

I plan on traveling to Cancun this summer and would like to know if my
Family Radio Service (FRS) radios are legal to use. Thank you for any help/
Forum: USA & Canada February 25th, 2008, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By Newby
OT - Free Canadian Healthcare

Is the situation found in the video at the attached link typical of Canadian
healthcare?

http://www.freemarketcure.com/brainsurgery.php

Video will be painfully slow to load on dial-up.

In a...
Forum: Latin America February 18th, 2008, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Newby
GSM Cell Phone Coverage

"medvall" wrote in message
See if babelfish or other translator works. I doubt you will have much
Forum: Latin America February 17th, 2008, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Newby
GSM Cell Phone Coverage

"Newby" wrote in message

"medvall" wrote in message
Forum: Latin America February 17th, 2008, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Newby
GSM Cell Phone Coverage

"medvall" wrote in message
Just make sure to call your carrier in the US to remove the lock. Most
cell...
Forum: Latin America February 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Newby
GSM Cell Phone Coverage

I plan to visit Cancun in June or July and would like information regarding
buying a SIM locally. Is there a preferred carrier? Are long distance
rates (calls back to the east coast of the USA)...
Forum: Air travel February 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By Newby
Cheap flights to Exotic countries

"Petr Kadlec" wrote in message
On 6 Feb, 10:03, "Mr. Travel" wrote:
[snipped]

Do...
Forum: Latin America January 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Newby
Cancun

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
"Newby" wrote in
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered January 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By Newby
Cancun

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
"Newby" wrote in
Forum: Air travel January 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 38
Posted By Newby
Cancun

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
"Newby" wrote in
Forum: USA & Canada January 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 32
Posted By Newby
Cancun

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
"Newby" wrote in
Forum: Cruises January 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 39