Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Király[_1_]
Forum: Europe June 15th, 2016, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Király[_1_]
Europe Going Car-Free

Snoopy1975ify wrote:
All European cities will be car-free within the next decade or
so. Paris and Oslo are among the cities that are doing this. South
American...
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2016, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Király[_1_]
Football in Budapest August 2016

Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
We're currently in kind of a limbo where the domestic seasons have ended,
but the new schedules aren't out yet. Looking at previous seasons, I...
Forum: Europe January 11th, 2016, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 35
Posted By Király[_1_]
Traveling on one-way tickets

Martin wrote:
Seems like your answer would not apply to American passengers going to
continental Europe by KLM. (or Mexicans/United or ....)

Britain is not in...
Forum: Europe December 21st, 2015, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 35
Posted By Király[_1_]
Traveling on one-way tickets

W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
Although I intend to comply with length-of-stay limits, I don't want to
pre-plan anything.

If I arrive in a Schengen country on a...
Forum: Europe September 20th, 2014, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Király[_1_]
Swimming pool for public use London

Martin wrote:
Will you be taking one home with you?

I'll pack mine in my carry-on to avoid the checked bag fee.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Forum: Europe March 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 167
Posted By Király[_1_]
UK Constitution Postage

Tim C. wrote:
This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they...
Forum: Europe March 1st, 2014, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 167
Posted By Király[_1_]
Postage

JohnT wrote:
You have to pay tax on Postage Stamps in Canada?

Yes, anywhere between 5% and 15% depending on which province you live
in. I'm one of the lucky ones that only...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Király[_1_]
Int'l driving permit

tim..... wrote:
(the IDP translates into english, french an Russian)
Spanish, Italian, Arabic, German, one of the Chinese scripts and Japanese (I
think)

Also...
Forum: Europe July 6th, 2013, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Király[_1_]
Int'l driving permit

I will be driving my father-in-law's Hungarian-registerd car around
Hungary and Croatia soon. I have a British Columbia (Canada) driver's
license.

I know that IDPs are "accpeted" in those...
Forum: Europe May 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Király[_1_]
New 5 Euro notes

tim...... wrote:
well they kept that quiet,

Hands up who knew these were coming (and have now arrived)?

I live in Canada and even I knew about it.

--
K.
Forum: Europe April 12th, 2013, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne wrote:
Assuming the waiter is Hungarian, the waiter might understand a Finn
speaking Finnish :-) There are similarities between the languages.

I believe...
Forum: Europe April 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 63
Posted By Király[_1_]
So who's made an effort ...

poldy wrote:
to learn the language of the countries they visit?

I married a Hungarian and have made great effort in trying to learn some
of the language for when we visit. It is...
Forum: USA & Canada August 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Király[_1_]
Slow I-94 procedure at land crossings?

Jimmy wrote:
If it's a crossing that handles cars and pedestrians, and there's a
sizeable line of cars, how would they take it if a passenger subject
to this...
Forum: USA & Canada August 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Király[_1_]
Don't get scammed by Hotwire and Budget on car rental

tim..... wrote:
He picked the car up at 3pm and told them he would be dropping back at 1pm
but turned up at 2.59pm. (that's an example, we don't know the exact
Forum: USA & Canada August 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Király[_1_]
Don't get scammed by Hotwire and Budget on car rental

wrote:
I was scammed by Hotwire and Budget.

You returned the car later than the time you said you would return it.
How is that them scamming you?

Moral of the story,...
Forum: USA & Canada January 11th, 2012, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Király[_1_]
rotation of the earth

bob wrote:
Does the rotation of the earth affect airplane flight times?

Northern or southern hemisphere?

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Forum: USA & Canada October 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Király[_1_]
Driving in Canada

Gerrit wrote:
We are planning to drive from Winnipeg to Edmonton next year.
Can anyone advise which is the best scenic/thingstodo route?

If you want scenic, stay off Hwy 1 and Hwy...
Forum: Europe October 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 155
Posted By Király[_1_]
Istanbul - Turkish Lira

Ken Blake wrote:
Certainly the risk can be mitigated. But there's no way to eliminate
the risk entirely. The risk is always is there, and personally, if I
am carrying a lot...
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2011, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Király[_1_]
House numbering on Pacific Coast Highway?

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I gather the numbers are in groups, often based on the distance from some
base, or on the number of blocks. So I can just about see how that
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2011, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I gather the numbers are in groups, often based on the distance from some
base, or on the number of blocks. So I can just about see how that
Forum: Europe October 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 155
Posted By Király[_1_]
Istanbul - Turkish Lira

Ken Blake wrote:
I live in Arizona, and there are no such banks here either. But
Capitol One is, I believe, in Houston, Texas. You can set up an
account by phone or...
Forum: Europe October 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 155
Posted By Király[_1_]
Istanbul - Turkish Lira

Ken Blake wrote:
Whether there is a charge for using a foreign ATM machine depends on
what bank you use. With my Capitol One account, I pay no fee.

Maybe where you live there...
Forum: USA & Canada October 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Király[_1_]
Driving from Vancouver to Yellowknife in late Dec

mattolde wrote:
Im a little worried about driving up after seeing to extreme cold
temps.

Is it safe to drive up from Vancouver to Yellowknife late Dec?

Don't do it....
Forum: Europe October 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 155
Posted By Király[_1_]
Istanbul - Turkish Lira

Ken Blake wrote:
Let me add to that that in general, there is no need to take any
foreign currency to any country. You will get a better exchange rate
if you get the...
Forum: USA & Canada September 3rd, 2011, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Király[_1_]
Routing from Niagara Falls to Detroit thru Canada

Big Brother wrote:
Then driving back to Chicago thru Canada to Detroit; staying in Detroit
to catch a Tigers game..

Book your hotel on Priceline; I bid...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250