Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: T.
Forum: Europe February 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By T.
Cheep rooms in Zagreb

On Feb 13, 2:14*am, VainGlorious wrote:
The Hotel Dubrovnik is great, but it's about all you'll find.
Everything else is at least 5 minutes away.

Yhere is Hotel...
Forum: Europe May 17th, 2007, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By T.
Spain or Greece--Which is best value?

In Croatia, it would be hard to spend more than 20 euro each,
even in the touristy areas we visited.

That certainly depends on the prices the restaurants offer.
For example, if you opt for a fish...
Forum: Europe May 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 32
Posted By T.
Sardinia

David Horne, _the_ chancellor * wrote:
Ha-ha, just moved some dates around, and it's all fine now. Tickets
booked, we'll be there August 23-30. Yay! :)

Good for you! Where will you be...
Forum: Europe May 14th, 2007, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 32
Posted By T.
Sardinia

Martin wrote:

So... what's is the big draw for Sardinia?

I don't know. From the bit of it I saw on a sailing holiday, the coast line is
nice but I wasn't impressed with what was on the...
Forum: Europe May 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By T.
Santorini/Thera, or Knossos/Crete?

Steve G wrote:
Any
thoughts plus/minus appreciated. Thanks as always.

We're thinking about flying to Crete, then renting a car and doing a
tour of Crete, with one day excursion to...
Forum: Europe April 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 32
Posted By T.
Sardinia

On Apr 22, 2:04 pm, (David Horne, _the_ chancellor
(*)) wrote:
I'm
thinking of a week in, er, Sardinia instead- a week near the end of
August. How crowded would it be there...
Forum: Europe March 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By T.
Beach holiday in September - suggestions, please

cappadocia wrote:
if you plan to visit TURKEY , I can help you as I am lisenced tourist
guide in Turkey in Cappadocia region.

Been to Cappadocia.

I asked about Malta, Greece or Sardinia.
Forum: Europe March 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By T.
Beach holiday in September - suggestions, please

Dear All,

I'm contemplating where to go on a holiday in September - I get to
have 2 weeks off.

My wife and I can't decide whether to go to Malta, one of the Greek
islands (I prefer Crete and...
Forum: Europe March 16th, 2007, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By T.
Ljubljana or Zagreb?

Accommodation in Zagreb: hotel "Ilica" in Ilica street - centre of
Zagreb. The tram stops right in front of it.
It's a bit kitsch, but it's clean, they have free parking (off the
street, in front of...
Forum: Europe March 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By T.
Ljubljana or Zagreb?

On Mar 14, 3:49 pm, "bob fusillo" wrote:
Thinking of stopping by one or the other on the way back from
Budapest/Vienna. Have heard that Ljubljana is still rather bare and
Forum: Europe January 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By T.
Driving In/To Croatia (from Trieste)

David Horne, _the_ chancellor * wrote:
It was interesting that two
people we rented rooms from spoke no English, but Italian and German
respectively.

That's because English speaking tourists are...
Forum: Europe January 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By T.
Tour Coastal Towns of Croatia

Nicky wrote:
My wife and I are seniors. We would like to do guided day/half day
tours (walking or taxi or small-groups) of Rijeka, Opatija, Split and
Dubronovik.

The center of Rijeka is easy...
Forum: Europe January 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By T.
Driving In/To Croatia (from Trieste)

tim..... wrote:
When in Istria I got out my rusty Italian and was promptly
answered in German. I said "No I am English, I don't
speak German", but they still persisted with German
despite...
Forum: Europe January 18th, 2007, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By T.
Driving In/To Croatia (from Trieste)

TonyF wrote:
Is there a prepaid mobile SIM card you can buy that gives good mobile
coverage in Croatia.

There's T-Mobile, Vip, Tele 2 and Tomato; T-Mobile offers the best
coverage.
The SIM card...
Forum: Europe January 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By T.
Driving In/To Croatia (from Trieste)

Can one drive down the coast from Trieste (Italy) to Dubrovnik
in relative safety from insurgents, terrorists, bandits etc.

Yes, of course. I can't believe you're asking this question...
Forum: Travel Marketplace August 7th, 2006, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By T.
CROATIA, holiday apartment for rent

CROATIA, POREC (Istria), holiday apartment for long and/or short term rent,
with all commodities, in the vicinity of the sea. Modest prices.
Available from August 18th until September 2nd.

For all...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16