Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 1.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nick Fisher
Forum: Europe May 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Nick Fisher
Cheapest one-way ticket to North America

Long story, but I've managed to end up with a free business class
ticket one-way from New York to London which expires June 30th. Not
transferable, I'm afraid, so please don't mob me !

As a result,...
Forum: Europe February 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Nick Fisher
Refund on Deutsche Bahn ticket ?

Functionally "illeterate" in English too if my original post is
anything to go by ! I did of course mean "illiterate"... :o
Forum: Europe February 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Nick Fisher
Refund on Deutsche Bahn ticket ?

I recently booked a ticket at www.bahn.de from Bremen to Basel in
April. Unfortunately, my trip can no longer go ahead so I need to
cancel the ticket.

The notes on the ticket say "Volle...
Forum: Europe February 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Nick Fisher
Train Service

And the other important point is that, as a leisure visitor travelling
on a weekend to no particular fixed schedule, there is almost always
an alternative way to reach your destination. In fact,...
Forum: Europe February 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Nick Fisher
HAM to Heide Park ?

We're thinking of visiting Heide Park near Soltau and will probably
fly into HAM.

Does anyone have experience of taking a shuttle / cab etc., prices,
duration etc ?

Thanks in advance

Nick
Forum: Europe June 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Nick Fisher
Ride share London-Paris-London

BigToe,

Have sent you a reply via email. Please get back to me if you're
still interested.

Nick
Forum: Europe June 1st, 2007, 08:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Nick Fisher
Ride share London-Paris-London

Driving from South London/Surrey borders to Paris on 9th July and back
on 14th July - both ways, will have 3 free seats (Renault Scenic, so
reasonably spacious and comfortable). Would welcome...
Forum: Europe March 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Nick Fisher
Lots of questions about Paris

First of all may I congratulate you on your choice of destination:
Paris is a wonderful city and I'm sure you'll have a great time - if I
hadn't already settled in London, I'd seriously consider...
Forum: Asia February 11th, 2007, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Nick Fisher
Mumbai airport

Hi,

I have a 4 hour layover at BOM coming up and I'd be grateful for any
tips on how best to spend the time.

We are arriving from LHR at 1050 local, and leaving for MAA at 1520.

I'm guessing a...
Forum: Europe January 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Nick Fisher
rental car UK to France?

Hertz used to have an offering called "LeSwap" or something like that,
whereby you'd hire a car in UK, take it through the Channel Tunnel,
then change over to a LHD model on the French side - also...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 13
Posted By Nick Fisher
Moving to Australia

Hi guys,

For info, family situation in 2009 will be:

(i) daughter of 21 who has left home & is working so definitely won't
be coming
(ii) son of 17 who will be taking A-Levels & probably want to...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 13
Posted By Nick Fisher
Moving to Australia

What type of work are you involved in would perhaps help as to where best
top go to get a job easier.
John H

Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I am hoping to gain a skilled...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 13
Posted By Nick Fisher
Moving to Australia

OK, the decision is made (at least in principle): we are emigrating
from the UK to Australia.

We're pretty sure that either Sydney or Melbourne is going to be the
right choice for us, but although...
Forum: Europe December 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 83
Posted By Nick Fisher
Bad Areas of Paris

The Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité (CRS) are a branch of
French law enforcement, formed in 1945 with the aim of maintaining
public order and quelling communist initiatives.

They number...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 83
Posted By Nick Fisher
Bad Areas of Paris

Broadly speaking, most of central Paris (i.e. within the
Périphérique) is absurdly safe by the standards of US cities.

I go to Paris frequently and feel more than comfortable wandering
around after...
Forum: Europe November 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 57
Posted By Nick Fisher
Moving to London December 4th -- A computer question for starters...

Bob,

No idea about the laptop, but for flats try the following:

http://www.loot.com/
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/renting.rsp?hpt=h2
http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/lettings/

Cheers
Forum: Europe October 11th, 2006, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By Nick Fisher
london and paris this coming spring - suggestions?

Rono,

Some good suggestions above, to which I'll add that you'll probably
need to approach the 2 cities quite differently in terms of getting
around.

The centre of Paris is really quite compact and...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17