Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hackamore
Forum: Europe October 25th, 2008, 07:40 AM Posted to misc.kids,rec.food.cooking,ott.education.misc,rec.running,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Hackamore
The Utter Normality Of Ethnonationalism - Except For Whites ByProf. Kevin MacDonald

Hi,

well that did get a bit long winded.

but different ethnic groups really ARE different.

the Italians are different than the French who are different than the
Germans and the British who are...
Forum: Europe October 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 227
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

Mike O'Sullivan wrote:
Hackamore wrote:

where I'd like to find good domestic beer is France...

No problem in Amsterdam eh Frank?
Have you frequented 't Arendsnest, with 200 beers?
Forum: USA & Canada October 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

Mike O'Sullivan wrote:
Hackamore wrote:

where I'd like to find good domestic beer is France...

No problem in Amsterdam eh Frank?
Have you frequented 't Arendsnest, with 200 beers?
Forum: Europe October 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By Hackamore
American tourists and political questions

Locals and tourist seldom have enough time to talk about such as politics
or religion. Tourist have only enough time to ask their way and inquire
for sites and restaurants. Locals are busy...
Forum: Europe October 25th, 2008, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By Hackamore
American tourists and political questions about the US presidentialelection

An old saying in the US is "don't talk about politics or religion"
they are taboo subjects for many (but not all) Americans.

Hi,

different cultures have different taboos.

in the US in polite...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

Particularly since nowadays the water is safer than US beer. . .

Not really. US beer is pretty safe as far as that kind of thing goes.
The mass-produced brands may have a reputation for...
Forum: Europe October 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 227
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

Particularly since nowadays the water is safer than US beer. . .

Not really. US beer is pretty safe as far as that kind of thing goes.
The mass-produced brands may have a reputation for...
Forum: USA & Canada October 5th, 2008, 05:38 AM Posted to austin.general,soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Hackamore
Austin, Texas is not a music capital

Hi,

but Austin has Western...

Swinging Music.

--

== Hackamore ==
http://www.hackamore.com/

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Hackamore
French motorways

For holiday makers this is ideal: you drive through interesting small
towns and villages which are hidden from those who are storming their
way on motorways.

Hi,

the few times I've bothered...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 227
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

I shall be in Paris in a little more than a week. I, too, am extremely
worried about my very meager French language abilities.

Hi,

generally the french love anyone who makes an effort at...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 227
Posted By Hackamore
French Attitude

My guess is that that Le Monde article is misleading, that the chances
of encountering an English speaker is below 20%. But at the Hotel Ritz
that number would go up to 100%

Hi,

but one...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2008, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Hackamore
Belgium Ardennes

© joson wrote:
Look at www.ardennenwandelen.nl for pictures of this area

joson

HI,

military history buffs will of course be interested in the region... and
I've always found that just...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2008, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 190
Posted By Hackamore
What are the Benefits of a In-Car GPS Unit? (mike o'sullivan)

Mike O'Sullivan wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:

p.s. hey mike... the Stadhouder has reopened under a new name,
supposedly has showers in all rooms now... email me if you need new
contact...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2008, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.travel.eurail,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.rail
Replies: 29
Posted By Hackamore
first class passes and flexipasses

A Eurail pass for thirty days seems to cost 810 euros. One way ride
between Hamburg and Munich costs 122 euros.......

and that appears to be an unlimited pass.

and if you were only traveling...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2008, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Hackamore
alternative to r/t/e

grusl wrote:
"poldy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gerald Oliver Swift"...
Forum: Europe September 2nd, 2008, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Hackamore
Customs questions for flights returning from England

tracymar55 wrote:
Thanks for explaining. Fortunately I have about 2 3/4 hours in
Philadelphia.
Hopefully that will be enough.
Tracy

Hi,

you mentioned that it's been your first international...
Forum: Caribbean September 2nd, 2008, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 0
Posted By Hackamore
what's your favorite Caribbean destination

Hi,

as for which island it HAS to be Jamaica.

and while I've done the AIs (and really like Couples Negril, of the AIs
I've stayed at I liked it so much I got married there) my favorite place
were...
Forum: Europe September 1st, 2008, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Hackamore
Voted Superb Gastropub

congokid wrote:
In article , grusl
writes

I went to a terrific place somwhere near Waterloo in June .... The
Forum: Europe August 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 65
Posted By Hackamore
expensive cities

Hi,

I've always liked the "scales" that used something like the cost of a
bottle of coke, cold... or a mcdonald's big mac.

--

== Hackamore ==
Forum: Europe August 17th, 2008, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe

AL
Sorry, the reason you need to get the phone rather than bring your US phone
is that the systems are incompatible. You won't be able to test such a phone
in the USA, even if you can buy it...
Forum: Europe August 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM Posted to soc.culture.france,rec.travel.europe,tn.general,memphis.general
Replies: 18
Posted By Hackamore
Bonjour losers!

Hi,

well the original post was in very poor taste.

but the original boast by the French team that they'd "crush" the US
Team just goes to show you how little we truly know about each other.

I'm a...
Forum: Cruises July 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Hackamore
Question: Favorite travel links? pls

Goomba wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Hi Just curious what your favorite sites are?

== Hackamore ==
http://www.hackamore.com/
http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com/
Forum: Europe July 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc

Goomba wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Hi Just curious what your favorite sites are?

== Hackamore ==
http://www.hackamore.com/
http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com/
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered July 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 23