Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank Slootweg
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Things to do between Longreach and Brisbane

Bob wrote:
Hi folks,

I am planning to spend the Easter break in QLD this year.
I always wanted to visit the Qantas museum in Longreach, and this will
be then main...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 5th, 2010, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Camping on the Burke Developmental Road?

Chris wrote:
"Frank Slootweg" schreef in bericht
A Mate wrote:
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Camping on the Burke Developmental Road?

A Mate wrote:
On 8/10/2010 4:09 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
[Since this group is dead as a doornail, I might as well take this
opportunity to ask questions and see if...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Camping on the Burke Developmental Road?

[Since this group is dead as a doornail, I might as well take this
opportunity to ask questions and see if there are still any
subscribers/lurkers.]

Has anyone driven the Burke Developmental Road...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 25
Posted By Frank Slootweg
(Telstra) Wireless Broadband USB Modem under Linux?

[aus.comms.mobile removed.]

Gerrit wrote:
Frank
[...]
Are you posting a trip report anywhere?

Probably not anytime soon. We had a great time, but when we came...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 13th, 2009, 08:52 PM Posted to aus.comms.mobile,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 25
Posted By Frank Slootweg
(Telstra) Wireless Broadband USB Modem under Linux?

On Oct 5, Gerrit wrote:
Let us know how you went after you return to the Netherlands. I
have been thinking about one of them too, but then one with a hard
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

On January 12, I wrote:
FYI, the report from Oz is - hopefully :-) - at least six months away,
so don't hold your breath for *that* one.

We're back from Oz. We had a great time.

However...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Mobile phones in Australia

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...

2 *what* cents? If 2 Euro cents, then...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 13th, 2009, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Mobile phones in Australia

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...
Alfred Molon ...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Mobile phones in Australia

Alfred Molon wrote:
[...]

If you need to make a lot of phone calls back to the UK, the best is if
you use Skype (bring a netbook or another cheap and light notebook...
Forum: USA & Canada March 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 34
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Why are car hire companies demanding payments for every additional driver?

PeterL wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:18*am, "tim....." wrote:
"PeterL" wrote in message

Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 25th, 2009, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Frank Slootweg
I want to travel to Australia, so I have a question to Whisper (or any Australian here)

Alan S wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:44:59 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

Alan S wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:07:32...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.travel.australia+nz,aus.tv,aus.general
Replies: 33
Posted By Frank Slootweg
I want to travel to Australia, so I have a question to Whisper (or any Australian here)

Alan S wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:07:32 +1100, Whisper
wrote:

I am planning to go for 3 months to Australia in Sepember. I just want
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Slootweg
Language exchange with native people (msn, mail, chat)

jc wrote:
Recently, I found this place to meet people from around the world,
learn and practise any language (English, Spanish, Russian, German,
Polish, French, Japanese,...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Slootweg
SIM Cards

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Frank Slootweg says...

Be *specific*. AFAICT there is no number called...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Slootweg
SIM Cards

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Frank Slootweg says...

Nope. You mentioned two numbers in the part about...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Slootweg
SIM Cards

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Frank Slootweg says...
Alfred Molon wrote:
In...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Slootweg
SIM Cards

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
David Bennetts says...

Why not a Vodafone card?

See here...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Slootweg
SIM Cards

PJT wrote:
Does anyone have experience of using a pay as you go simcard from
www.simcardguru.co.uk whilst travelling in Australia ?

I gather this is purchased before...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added, so the whole audience is up to date.]

On January 1, I wrote:
Derek Derek@home wrote:
[...]
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I'll let you...
Forum: USA & Canada January 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Frank Slootweg
RIP rec.travel.usa-canada.

Brian K wrote:
RIP rec.travel.usa-canada. You once were a viable newsgroup. But now you
have been overrun with spam. The ironic thing is, when all that is left
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

Gerrit wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message

Frank

It seems to me...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added.]

John H wrote:
You actually watch "Neighbours" ....you poor man!!

You are free to blame my daughter and wife! :-) But on the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

John H wrote:
Hi Frank,
Well,
Firstly re the analogue side of that device....is it compatibale with
Australian Pal system, or for US NTSC system.
(I cant determine...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 31st, 2008, 02:51 PM Posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Slootweg
DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

[Crossposted to aus.tv.digital and rec.travel.australia+nz.]

On our next trip to/in Australia, mainly in rural/outback areas, we
will be taking a mini-laptop with us.

I was wondering if it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250