Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mike
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

Here's another thread on socks at RickSteves.com:

http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/helpline/index.cfm/rurl/topic/11058/lets-talk-socks-do-they-really-make-a-difference.html
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered September 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
Fast drying "crew" socks for washing in sink?

Please see the following thread instead:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.travel.europe/browse_thread/thread/54595bc8e12e32fb#
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel September 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
Quick dry socks for washing in sinks

Please see the following thread instead:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.travel.europe/browse_thread/thread/54595bc8e12e32fb#
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mike
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

On Sep 9, 11:12*am, Ken Blake
wrote:
My technique is somewhat different. I don't like to waste my vacation
time or my wife's washing clothes. We also almost...
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mike
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

On Sep 9, 10:45*am, "JohnT" wrote:
Tilley Endurable socks are available in the USA.http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?gender=u&extractBy=CategoryId&id=2&p...

Yup, USD $16...
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sep 9, 10:45*am, "JohnT" wrote:
Tilley Endurable socks are available in the USA.http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?gender=u&extractBy=CategoryId&id=2&p...
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mike
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

On Sep 9, 9:36*am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I wear sandals with no socks almost all year round. *Means I get
to learn the phrase for "where have your socks got...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered September 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
Fast drying "crew" socks for washing in sink?

What can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than regular 100% cotton
"crew socks" (go up to somewhere between the ankle and the knee"? Will
be washing socks in sinks with camp soap, and the cotton...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel September 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
Quick dry socks for washing in sinks

What socks can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than regular 100%
cotton "crew socks" (go up to somewhere between the ankle and the
knee"? I will be washing socks in sinks with camp soap, and the...
Forum: Europe September 9th, 2009, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By mike
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

What brand of socks can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than
regular 100% cotton "crew socks (go up to somewhere between the ankle
and the knee".

Will be washing socks in sinks, and the cotton...
Forum: USA & Canada April 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Good cabins in or near Moab? Getting to Arches and Canyonlands

On Apr 1, 4:26*am, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
The nice thing about Green River is that it is also about as close to Goblin
Valley, Littel Wild Horse Canyon, and Bell...
Forum: USA & Canada April 4th, 2009, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By mike
Non-4WD accessible ghost towns / mines between Colorado Springsor Moab?

There are several in and around Gunnison County such as Floresta, Ohio City,
Almont and near Crested Butte. *When you get to Gunnison you should be able
to get a map with more details....
Forum: USA & Canada April 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By mike
Non-4WD accessible ghost towns / mines between Colorado Springs orMoab?

Are there any interesting ghost towns accessible by a non-4WD vehicle
between Colorado Springs and Moab?

Looks like there's one called St. Elmo's near Gunnison if I take the
southern route out of...
Forum: USA & Canada April 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Good cabins in or near Moab? Getting to Arches and Canyonlands

On Mar 29, 8:37*pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
The state campground at Green River is marvelous. *Yes, it is an hour away.
But very, very nice. * The only downside is...
Forum: USA & Canada March 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Good cabins in or near Moab? Getting to Arches and Canyonlands

I'm looking for cabins to stay in or near Moab. Seems like most of the
hotels and motels in the area are overpriced dumps.

Both KOA cabins in Moab and the ones at Canyonlands Campground are
booked...
Forum: USA & Canada March 30th, 2009, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By mike
Driving to top of Pike's Peak in late May without a 4WD vehicle

Is it wise to drive to the summit of Pike's Peak in late May without a
4WD vehicle? I'm concerned about snow. I know the Cog railway is
another, more expensive option--seems the railway runs even...
Forum: Air travel September 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mike
Other creative ways of getting frequent flier miles with a FFcredit card, and getting initial sign-on bonuses quicker?

Thanks MrTravel and VS.

If that works, and there is no rule that says you will forfeit the miles
if the 750 is refunded, why not just put down a $750 deposit on the
cruise or a refundable air...
Forum: Air travel September 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By mike
Other creative ways of getting frequent flier miles with a FF creditcard, and getting initial sign-on bonuses quicker?

Has anyone discovered a way to pay one's mortgage by credit card and
get miles? Evidently there was a way to do this a while back with gift
cards--but apparently that loophole has been closed. So is...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21