Showing results 1 to 25 of 220
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John L
Forum: Air travel February 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By John L
Food on UA Flights to Hawaii??

They sell branded "Trader Vics" salads and sandwiches in economy class;
complimentary meals only in First Class.

Wish I knew who Trader Vics was. Sounds like a seafood eatery to me.

Do not...
Forum: Air travel February 9th, 2008, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By John L
Whats the most reliable airline

from las Vegas to chicago//cost,etc?thanks jay

It would help if you told us what you mean by reliable. Most likely
to land on time? Most likely still to be in business when you want to
fly? Most...
Forum: Air travel February 7th, 2008, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By John L
BA to start LCY-NYC

Aha - reading the press release carefully, it doesn't actually say *which*
NY airport they're going to use... what are the options apart from the
obvious LGA, EWR and JFK?

Islip, perhaps, but...
Forum: Latin America February 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 7
Posted By John L
Cheap internal flights in Mexico

In article ,
Jerry Bank wrote:
Does anyone know if there are airlines for inexpnsive travel between
Mexico City and...
Forum: Air travel February 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.latin-america

Jerry Bank wrote:
Does anyone know if there are airlines for inexpnsive travel between
Mexico City and...
Forum: Air travel January 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By John L
JFK Airport Arrival Avianca Terminal 4

As one arrives at T4 by plane, do you have to exit the secure area to
transfer to another Terminal? Other words, do you have to go through
TSA security entering T3.

There generally aren't any...
Forum: Air travel January 29th, 2008, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By John L
JFK Airport Arrival Avianca Terminal 4

My Wife will be arriving from Colombia on Avianca at Terminal 4 and
departing from Terminal 3 on Delta. Can someone tel me the location of
Customs/Immigration for Terminal 4 also maybe the...
Forum: Air travel January 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By John L
Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

A quick check on Orbitz says that you can rent a car from Dollar or
Thrifty at FLL and drop it off at their city offices in Miami Beach
for $69. That's not particularly cheap. I'd do the...
Forum: Air travel January 28th, 2008, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By John L
Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

Where would I drop it off in south beach, the airport? It would be too
expensive to keep it for the weekend + they charge for parking.

There's no airport in Miami Beach (well, I suppose maybe the...
Forum: Air travel January 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By John L
Getting from the Interisland terminal to Diamond head Concourse?

are with Aloha (ITO-HNL) and then UA to the mainland. I have looked at
the Honolulu Airport website (http://www.honoluluairport.com/) and it
seems to be one of the most useless (has terminal maps...
Forum: Air travel January 21st, 2008, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By John L
seeking information about JFK airport in NYC

first-time arrival in US) at JFK, where I have not been for many
years. I assume that I can not get into the luggage pick-up area at
international arrival, am I right ?

Yes, you're right,...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2008, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By John L
Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

Are there any public shuttles that go back and forth taking whoever
is there? What other options do I have and worst case, how much more
would it cost to take a taxi from FLL instead of...
Forum: Air travel January 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By John L
transatlantic delta flights

If you changed planes at Philly you would have had the same problem as
you'd have to go through security again at Terminal F.

No, you don't. There's a bus between Terminal F and Terminal C...
Forum: Air travel January 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By John L
transatlantic delta flights

i'd rather fly via chicago simply because i've done that route so
many times and i'm familiar with it. but a saving of £150 is too good
to turn down at the moment

During the winter, weather...
Forum: USA & Canada January 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By John L
Finding Lowest Airfare Return USA-Italy with 3 Month Flexibility

I am living in the USA and would like to find the cheapest return air
fare to Italy. I am very flexible as far as time goes. It could be
any time in the next 3 months.

Fares to Europe vary a...
Forum: Air travel January 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By John L
Finding Lowest Airfare Return USA-Italy with 3 Month Flexibility

I am living in the USA and would like to find the cheapest return air
fare to Italy. I am very flexible as far as time goes. It could be
any time in the next 3 months.

Fares to Europe vary a...
Forum: Europe January 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By John L
Finding Lowest Airfare Return USA-Italy with 3 Month Flexibility

I am living in the USA and would like to find the cheapest return air
fare to Italy. I am very flexible as far as time goes. It could be
any time in the next 3 months.

Fares to Europe vary a...
Forum: Air travel January 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By John L
transatlantic delta flights

I thought BMI went non-stop to vegas... in which case I would say it
is worth the extra.

They do, but at about twice the price. I see fares as low as L206 on
Delta via JFK or ATL, L542 on the BMI...
Forum: Air travel December 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By John L
United Express discontinuing LAX-SNA route 01/06/08

It's one of the shortest air routes on the books, 35-minute flights from
one part of the sprawling Los Angeles Basin to another

Aw, heck, that's way longer than ITH-ELM which I used to fly all...
Forum: Air travel December 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 18
Posted By John L
Changing Flight Penalty?

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month from now. I
see by checking the airline's web site that the flight is...
Forum: Air travel December 9th, 2007, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By John L
miles

I want to know how far is it in miles from Escanaba MI,Delta county
airport to Chicago Midway airport?

It's about 320 miles by road, takes about six hours.

You can fly from Escanaba to Milwaukee,...
Forum: Air travel November 30th, 2007, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By John L
Some Great Tips on Travel Insurance

I like to tell my clients that travel insurance is so important because
it protects you while you are traveling and it protects your investment
in your trip (if you select a plan with trip...
Forum: Air travel November 24th, 2007, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By John L
Some Great Tips on Travel Insurance

Best tip ever: Don't buy it. Giant waste of money.

Worst advice ever!

It's great advice for most travelling Americans. We have to pay for
health insurance at home, which covers us no matter...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By John L
SouthWest Business class???

They now have business class fares. Check out their website.

It's intra-Europe style business class. Fully changable and
refundable, same crummy seats, at a much higher price.

Actually, if you...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By John L
Tipping in USA/Canada

I'm from New York, born and bred. Speaking on behalf of New Yorkers,
we do not have some in-born ethnicity sensor that allows us to detect
Puerto Ricans.

I thought we did it by the delicious...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 220