Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 3.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rog'
Forum: Air travel March 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By Rog'
Travel Using Return Portion Only

"Tom & Linda" wrote:
Is it possible to use only the return part of a round trip ticket?
A couple of my friends defaulted on their original flight home,
and are now...
Forum: Air travel March 20th, 2009, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rog'
1 hour cut off rule?

"Steve Cain" wrote:
"Duh_OZ" wrote:
Being one minute late was all it took for a Florida student to be
denied a flight home at the Calgary...
Forum: USA & Canada March 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Rog'
FLA trip advice

"- Bobb -" wrote:
turned out to be for more than a week:
I just got back - 6800 miles - from Boston to Flamingo FLA and back
- info to follow. ( week or so)

Wow. That is...
Forum: Europe March 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 183
Posted By Rog'
Planning a trip to Paris!

"-hh" wrote:
For OP Herbert, I'd recommend getting a copy of Rick Steve's
guidebook for Paris. Not only does it have 'instructions' on how
to see some of the most...
Forum: USA & Canada January 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Rog'
FLA trip advice

"Chinese Bicycle Guy" wrote:
Driving this route - anything along the way that you'd recommend
that I "not miss." Mainly doing the drive for sightseeing - get out
of...
Forum: Air travel January 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 34
Posted By Rog'
Friend gets "special search"

Guys, you know going in that your privacy is about to be
invaded big-time, the more clothes you have on, the more
reassembly you'll have, and the more crap you have on hand,
the more akward its...
Forum: Air travel January 2nd, 2009, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Rog'
Delta asks for Donations

Well, not exactly.
The Delta Heritage Museum seeks tax-deductable contributions.
http://www.deltamuseum.org/ I'd never heard of the place and
stumbled on this site by accident. Its rather bizarre,...
Forum: Europe December 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Rog'
Same price for rental car, go thru Travelocity, Expedia, or Orbitz?

"hr(bob) " a écrit:
I have checked prices for a rental car in Zurich Switzerland for 5
days from Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia. All are for the same
Forum: USA & Canada December 19th, 2008, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Rog'
GPS - basic question

"James Silverton" wrote:
My built-in GPS in my Honda ... usually prefaces recalculation,
unless ordered to do it immediately, by a minute or two of
"Make a...
Forum: USA & Canada December 16th, 2008, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By Rog'
Wanting to visit Orlando, Florida: suggestions welcome!

On Dec 14, 10:36 am, James Mlodzik
wrote:
Snowbird. Loving Florida, wanting to visit Orlando????
suggestions welcome
--
James Mlodzik
Message...

"Tamzen Cannoy" wrote:
What do you consider the typical sights? I can spend days in
both the British Museum and the V&A.
I prefer staying in Mayfair but it's pricy there. I...
Forum: Air travel December 8th, 2008, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By Rog'
Giving up your seat for money

"chithanh119" ...
You are standing in the checking in queue and someone
from the airline calls out that they need 2/3/4 or whatever
number of people to give up their seats. They offer...
Forum: Air travel December 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By Rog'
Demand that US presidential electors investigate Obama's eligibility

"DevilsPGD" wrote: was claimed
to have wrote:
Question #3 - If a federal agency like FBI or Secret Service
ever investigated Obama's original birth...
Forum: Air travel November 28th, 2008, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By Rog'
Question re Open Jaws Tickets - Where?

"Graham Harrison" wrote...
"TEP" wrote...
"Robert Neville" wrote:
... when systems like EasySabre disappeared...
I never used EasySabre, but I would guess that...
... Where systems like...
Forum: USA & Canada November 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Rog'
Non-traveler needing air travel advice

I can't avoid it any longer. Dear relative is dying. I must
arrange round-trip St. Louis - Tampa, FL, hotel, car, etc.
on perhaps 3 day notice,
----------------
Just saw this and want to say...
Forum: USA & Canada November 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Rog'
Where to book packages on the internet?

wrote:
I am in the process of booking the airfare and hotel for
a cruise my family is taking out Los Angeles this coming
February. I have noticed while researching prices...
Forum: Air travel November 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote:
I am in the process of booking the airfare and hotel for
a cruise my family is taking out Los Angeles this coming
February. I have noticed while researching prices...
Forum: Cruises November 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote:
I am in the process of booking the airfare and hotel for
a cruise my family is taking out Los Angeles this coming
February. I have noticed while researching prices...
Forum: Air travel November 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Rog'
Flatuence in the air

wrote:
A friend just returned from a really bad flight.
She had the center seat and the asile seat was taken by a serial farter.
The perpitrator of this smelly problem...
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2008, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By Rog'
Cheapskate Airlines

I just want to pipe up to say that, IMHO, what wine or other
beverages are served free on an airline is not my criteria on
whether or not they are cheapskates. To me, it has more to
do with......
Forum: USA & Canada October 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Rog'
Florida: I need to hire a car for one week. I look for info

"AroundTheWorld" wrote:
Hi, I'd like to reach Florida and I will need a car. Could you tell me
a reliable but not very expensive agency? I will have to hire a...
Forum: Europe October 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,rec.equestrian,alt.fan.howard-stern,comp.sys.mac.system
Replies: 5
Posted By Rog'
Why 3 out of 4 White Supremacists Support Barack Obama

wrote:
Why 3 out of 4 White Supremacists Support Barack Obama
snip gabage
--------------------------------
What's Really Behind the "Bradley Effect"...
The practice of...
Forum: Cruises October 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Rog'
Barcelona - pickpockets

RB: "...Its one thing to venture thru the Bahamas
or Cozumel with just a DL. But I would not walk
the streets Europe without proof of US citizenship.

Jack Hamilton ...
Forum: Cruises October 17th, 2008, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Rog'
Barcelona - pickpockets

"berry" wrote:
What ID's do you all suggest to carry when out?
Driver's license? I KNOW...no passport or even copy.

Its one thing to venture into the streets of the Bahamas...
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2008, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Rog'
Inappropriate Cruise Music

Heard in a dining room aboard the Norwegian Sky:
"The Morning After" -- the theme song from the original
cruiseship capsize movie, "The Poseidon Adventure" (1972).
An inside joke, perhaps.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250