Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W. Watson
Forum: Latin America December 29th, 2007, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Cucurrucucu Paloma.

Ah, here we go
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Cucurrucucu+Paloma+&btnG=Search.

There are several renditions on that page. I believe it's a Mexican love
son. The one at the top is quite...
Forum: Latin America December 29th, 2007, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Watson
Coco Roco Co?

Ah, here we go
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Cucurrucucu+Paloma+&btnG=Search.
Cucurrucucu Paloma. Thanks.

W. Watson wrote:
Is that the same as La Paloma? After seeing your post, I...
Forum: Latin America December 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Watson
Coco Roco Co?

Is that the same as La Paloma? After seeing your post, I started looking for
a guitar vocal of it via Google, but could only find the music to listen to.

Harry wrote:
I think the song you're...
Forum: Latin America December 28th, 2007, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Watson
Song: Coco Roco Co?

I heard what I believe is the title of the song in the Subject. It was in
Spanish and seems like it might have popular some years ago. Does anyone
know what the title means or what the song is...
Forum: Latin America December 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By W. Watson
Anyone See a News Article on a Van Accident on 11/27/07 ...

Well, not quite the same thing. I left Saturday. I came close to being in
the bus that crashed. The van was going north to Choro.

NGC featured a program several months ago about the most four...
Forum: Latin America December 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By W. Watson
Anyone See a News Article on a Van Accident on 11/27/07 ...

That's La Serena in Chile and the accident was between a tour van and a bus.
The van was going to Choro norht of La Serena.

W. Watson wrote:
... that took place in La Serena?

Forum: Latin America December 3rd, 2007, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By W. Watson
Anyone See a News Article on a Van Accident on 11/27/07 ...

.... that took place in La Serena?
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net
Forum: Latin America November 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Geo Position While Flying to Santiago from the US

AA will allow a GPS device on board, but it's supposed to be turned off.
Well, OK. However, do they supply the lat/long on a screen? I asked the
agent about this, and she says many long...
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

It's easy to explain. When I began searching, I was looking for general
information (bus schedules chile cost). You picked up on Temuco, etc. (from
above), and it looks like you hit the jackpot....
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

Perhaps more important than a schedule at this time is knowing how much it
costs to take a bus from Santiago to Temuco, for example, or to Puerto Montt.
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

I understand the bus system is far better than trains. From what I know,
money for the train system has decreased for a decade, as well as passenger
traffic. I saw some video footage of a train I a...
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

I have used Google, but apparently less successfully than you. I have not
found any bus schedules on the web. I know the major bus transports. I have
40+ Chilean websites bookmarked that include...
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

Santiago to Temuco and then to the Pucon area.

C.C. wrote:
On Oct 31, 9:48 pm, "W. Watson" wrote:
Is there a web site that will allow me to make bus arrangement while...
Forum: Latin America November 1st, 2007, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 10
Posted By W. Watson
Making Bus Arrangements in Chile from US

Is there a web site that will allow me to make bus arrangement while in Chile?
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net
Forum: Latin America October 23rd, 2007, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 7
Posted By W. Watson
Passing into Chile at the Santiago Airport

I talked with a reliable travel agent for Latin America, and I was right.
$100 USD to enter, and get in that line before going through customs. The
$45 was a wild goose chase. It's long...
Forum: Latin America October 21st, 2007, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 7
Posted By W. Watson
Passing into Chile at the Santiago Airport

Ah, maybe my memory is coming back. The two lines might be customs and where
the $100 reciprocity fee is paid. Possibly if you get into customs first,
they will send you off the reciprocity window...
Forum: Latin America October 20th, 2007, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 7
Posted By W. Watson
Passing into Chile at the Santiago Airport

I've been told that when I get to the airport there's a $45 charge for US
citizens to enter Chile, but there's also a $100 charge for something else.
Does anyone recall what it is? Whatever it's...
Forum: Latin America October 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By W. Watson
Learning Spanish Via Standard Deviants

I bought the DVD and accompanying book. It uses good humor and a sparkling
cast of what appear to be college students to present the material. The book
is quite good and offers exercises (with...
Forum: Latin America October 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Language Translation Computers

How is the world of hand held computers for translating English into audio,
say, Spanish? Where does one find them, how good are they, and what is the
cost?
--
Wayne...
Forum: Latin America October 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By W. Watson
Learning Spanish Via Standard Deviants

Standard Deviants provides a number of classes on some educational TV
channels. History, language, math, astro, ...

Has anyone used

Habla Espanol: Learn Spanish: The Basics (LL(R) Standard...
Forum: Latin America October 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Chilean National Tourist Board Website--English Version?

Is there an English version of
http://www.sernatur.cl/scripts/sitio/inicio.php? I found the reference in
a Rough Guide on Chile.
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Forum: Latin America October 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Videos on Chile

I'd like to get some idea of both Chile and the pronunciation of cities from
vdieos, preferably DVDs. I just hit the Amazon DVD section (search for
chile) and found one that might be helpful, but...
Forum: Latin America October 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By W. Watson
Internet English Radio in Chile

Is there a Chilean radio station on the internet that broadcasts in English?
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net
Forum: Latin America August 28th, 2007, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By W. Watson
Providing a Passport # to a Tour Operator

Yes, part of my tour required plane travel w/i Chile.

wrote:
For our trip to Chile, both the cruise company and the wilderness-trek
resort wanted to know our passport...
Forum: Latin America August 28th, 2007, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 4
Posted By W. Watson
Providing a Passport # to a Tour Operator

I'm about to send some bucks out to a tour operator in Chile, and a signed
tour agreement. They want to know my passport number. Is that the case for
travel abroad on tours?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27