Showing results 1 to 25 of 225
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donald Newcomb
Forum: Asia November 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 39
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Notebooks in flight

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Why exactly are you not allowed to use a notebook computer during take-
off and...
Forum: Air travel November 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 39
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Notebooks in flight

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Why exactly are you not allowed to use a notebook computer during take-
off and...
Forum: Europe November 12th, 2008, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Mauser purchase in Germany?

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
You make a good point re the FFL. I would need to pre-check with a local
FFL holder...
Forum: Europe November 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Mauser purchase in Germany?

"Tim C." wrote in message
I was wondering how you were going to get it back to the USA? Hand
luggage? :)

In 1984 I purchased...
Forum: Europe February 19th, 2008, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Electric Adapter for Italy Travel

"zorba" wrote in message
Going to Italy soon and my companion wants to take an electric hair
dryer. I...
Forum: Europe December 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Try and guess which is the world's busiest air route

"Tom Peel" wrote in message

I guess that is in terms of # flights. Barcelona-Madrid is mainly flown
by commuter...
Forum: Europe December 9th, 2007, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Safety in Naples

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
How safe is it and what dangers are there for tourists these days in
Forum: Asia December 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 28
Posted By Donald Newcomb
ATMs in Japan

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
I always use ATMs to get cash when I travel, but I still try to arrive
with at least...
Forum: Asia December 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 28
Posted By Donald Newcomb
ATMs in Japan

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
I just realised that I withdrew cash with my Citibank card only in
Citibank branches...
Forum: Europe November 27th, 2007, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 147
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Flight Change Nonsense

"tim (not at home)" wrote in message
4 weeks ago, I booked a round trip LON to CPH with SAS for the second week
in Dec,...
Forum: Air travel November 27th, 2007, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 123
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Flight Change Nonsense

"tim (not at home)" wrote in message
4 weeks ago, I booked a round trip LON to CPH with SAS for the second week
in Dec,...
Forum: Europe November 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Yankisms

"a.spencer3" wrote in message
We've all come across the usual probs with English as she is spoke in the
New World.

But...
Forum: Cruises November 13th, 2007, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Donald Newcomb
MSC Cruise Line ?

"The Gendrons" wrote in message
Any comments on MSC Cruise Line ? Am considering summer cruise out of
Venice. Thanks

MSC? Military...
Forum: Europe November 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Donald Newcomb
First Trip to Italy

"FeoAmericano" wrote in message
We're looking for a group tour that will either focus on outdoor
Forum: Asia November 4th, 2007, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Donald Newcomb
The myth that Japan is an expensive place to travel

On 2007-11-03 16:34:02 -0700, Alfred Molon said:

Good topic, and one I recite to many people...
Forum: Cruises October 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By Donald Newcomb
walkie talkies

"Alan Meyer" wrote in message
I find them particularly useful in airports. When the wife goes
to the bathroom and I need...
Forum: Europe September 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Donald Newcomb
About Europeans & Soap

"javawizard" wrote in message
Evidently the folks in England are cleaner than people in other lands.
The per...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 76
Posted By Donald Newcomb
US dollar keeps sinking endlessly--worth the same as the Canadian dollar now

"William Black" wrote in message
So, in the hunt for 'end of season' bargains, what's going to be dead
cheap in...
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2007, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 76
Posted By Donald Newcomb
US dollar keeps sinking endlessly--worth the same as the Canadian dollar now

"Erick T. Barkhuis" -o-m wrote in message
Viking:
This season, I only had one guest in our B&B who wanted to haggle...
Forum: Europe September 17th, 2007, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Donald Newcomb
cell/mobile phone in Italy?

"Bob" wrote in message
I'm looking for advice: I will be in Italy next year for about 4-5
months.
I want to stay in touch...
Forum: Europe September 15th, 2007, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 64
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Laundry

"Glen" wrote in message
.. What is the best way to do washing without using the Hotel Service?

You will find as many...
Forum: Europe September 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Naples and Cell Phone

"teak" wrote in message
Also, when I visit I would like to order disposable cell phones that
work in Italy, any...
Forum: Asia September 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Dubai during Ramadan

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi

We are going to Dubai for 10 nights next September for our honeymoon (then
flying to Thailand)....
Forum: Europe September 5th, 2007, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 30
Posted By Donald Newcomb
STAY AWAY FROM RENT-A-CELLULAR

wrote in message
Need to rent a cellular while in EUROPE? Whatever you decide to use
while in europe, STAY AWAY...
Forum: Europe September 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 92
Posted By Donald Newcomb
Angry Italians to go on national pasta strike

"Bell Bottom George" wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 225