Showing results 1 to 25 of 180
Search took 5.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ulf Kutzner
Forum: Air travel February 23rd, 2007, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Complaint/Vent. Indian Airlines does not compensate foreigersfor damaged baggage

Frank F. Matthews schrieb:
What airline takes any responsibility for damage to baggage or its
contents?

Transaero compensated for a smashed hardplastic suitcase on an TAS - DME
- FRA flight....
Forum: Air travel February 22nd, 2007, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 30
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
10 hours in a plane! 6 hours too long!

First Voyager schrieb:

The last time I was flying from London to LA, I couldn't help but
think, having been in that darn plane for 10 hours already, with the
guy sitting next to me almost...

First Voyager schrieb:
The last time I was flying from London to LA, I couldn't help but
think, having been in that darn plane for 10 hours already, with the
guy sitting next to me almost in my...
Forum: Europe February 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Connection time of 45 minutes

Yves Bellefeuille schrieb:

I have an international flight that has a connection time of 55
minutes. The two trips are on the same airlines Alitalia and in the
same terminal (terminal C).
Forum: Air travel February 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 0

Yves Bellefeuille schrieb:

I have an international flight that has a connection time of 55
minutes. The two trips are on the same airlines Alitalia and in the
same terminal (terminal C).
Forum: Europe February 15th, 2007, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
United Kingdom Airports: Strict Carryon Rules

Larry in Berkeley schrieb:
In addition to the new, restrictive weight limits for free checked
luggage on transatlantic/transpacific flights (now 23 kilos, down from
32 kilos per suitcase),...
Forum: Europe February 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
stop-off on Gdansk - Warsaw train journey?

dwl schrieb:
We're due to travel from Gdansk to Warsaw this summer which will take
about 4.5 hours. As we will be travelling with 2 small children I was
thinking of breaking the journey. The...
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
ryanair morocco again

robs schrieb:

Of course they don't give me an alternative flight from another company but
i can get mt money back. Because i just booked one single journey from
marrakech to barcelona, i...
Forum: Europe February 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Snow causes chaos on the roads

Erick T. Barkhuis schrieb:
I used to eat lots of Pot Noodles:

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flandersnews.be/News/070208_%2Bsnow
Snow causes chaos on the roads
[full report snipped]

Forum: Europe February 9th, 2007, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Cheap charter type flights to Germany?

Iceman schrieb:
On Feb 8, 11:29 pm, "Skookum" wrote:
I live in Canada and travel to germany a couple of times a year.
Usually I use Air canada all the way to Frankfurt...
Forum: Europe February 9th, 2007, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
ryanair dropped girona-marrakesh route

Martin schrieb:

If a Ryanair flight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is
available, we...
Forum: Europe February 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
ryanair dropped girona-marrakesh route

Martin schrieb:

"In order to accommodate these 16 new routes,Ryanairhas today
announced the withdrawal of 2 routes,Gironato Marrakesh and Stansted
to Deauville."
It's not...
Forum: Europe February 5th, 2007, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 90
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Germany in first week of April??

Magda schrieb:

... Is April 1st-8th typically too snowy/rainy/cold for the Munich and Rhine
... river area?
... Was planning my first European vacation for late May, but work...
Forum: Air travel January 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM Posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Round trip fares in India?

RPS schrieb:

Correct. The situations I encountered in the past: Round trip was just
two one-way trips added up. Connections worked the same way: If there
is no direct flight from A to B, but...
Forum: Asia January 30th, 2007, 04:30 PM Posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 15
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Buying Indian air tickets (for an Indian resident) from the USA?

RPS schrieb:
I have this situation. I want to pay for air tickets for an elderly
relative who lives in India and thus qualifies for rupee fares.

However, the sites I am familiar with (in...
Forum: Air travel January 30th, 2007, 04:30 PM Posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 43

RPS schrieb:
I have this situation. I want to pay for air tickets for an elderly
relative who lives in India and thus qualifies for rupee fares.

However, the sites I am familiar with (in...
Forum: Europe January 30th, 2007, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
British Airways strike called off

The Reid schrieb:

The chance wouldn't be better without rebooking?

Not quite sure what you mean, Ulf, but we are "stuffed" now as the
strike is off and cant rebook anymore. Oh well. Whats...
Forum: Europe January 30th, 2007, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
British Airways strike called off

The Reid schrieb:

However:
" the agreement had come too late to prevent disruption to "tens of
thousands" of passengers."

disrupted me, now I have two non refundable flights to same...
Forum: Europe January 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
British Airways strike called off

The Reid schrieb:

disrupted me, now I have two non refundable flights to same place at
same time!
I thought you changed the BA ones already?

The only thing I could find to transfer...
Forum: Air travel January 26th, 2007, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.airports.uk.edinburgh,rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Airline booking advice requested More options

Joe Curry schrieb:

So the short distance bewteen PIK, GLA and EDI shouldn't be a problem?

90 kms or more are short distances? 2 hour public transport journeys
can be avoided by flying into...
Forum: Air travel January 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.airports.uk.edinburgh,rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Airline booking advice requested More options

Joe Curry schrieb:

IMO? No. It took me longer to get from the Perimeter Mall in north
Atlanta to ATL than it does from GLA to Edinburgh, fact.

And similar from LHR T1 to T4

Not...
Forum: Europe January 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Does any airline sell exit row seats for international flights?

The Reid schrieb:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:04:15 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

I think they want fit, sensible people

just noticed I was implying you are not!!...
Forum: Europe January 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Does any airline sell exit row seats for international flights?

The Reid schrieb:

Not quite. First glance - No Easyjet, Ryanair.......
What use would it be? There's no reserved seating, and they're
*all* uncomfortable.

and don't fly the...
Forum: Air travel January 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Domestic 747 flights anymore?

Mxsmanic schrieb:

That's what I've been told. Certain routes are extremely lucrative in
this respect, and 747s have considerable cargo space. Some carriers
take this further by flying...
Forum: Europe January 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Ulf Kutzner
Cards stacked against people wanting to move to the EU from theUS

Viking schrieb:

Self-employed; work can be done over the Internet, etc.

Might be a problem to get access to the public health system in some
countries.

Regards, ULF
Showing results 1 to 25 of 180