Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nam sak
Forum: Air travel September 26th, 2014, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By nam sak
finding flights not connecting in the US (carrying liquor)

Why bother? Booze is cheaper in the US than just about anywhere else
on the planet, even allowing for 'duty free' which it rarely ever
actually is and what difference would it make? One or two bucks?...
Forum: Air travel July 29th, 2014, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,alt.home.repair
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
airlines

Recently describing my encounters with airlines over the years brought
back fond memories of British Caledonian. I just had to see if those
old ads were on You Tube. Sure enough many of them are...
Forum: Air travel July 26th, 2014, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:01:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

...lots of snippings for obvious reasons...thread getting a bit long

Sorry, but none of that rises to the level of...
Forum: Air travel July 23rd, 2014, 08:00 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:17:17 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:55:01 PM UTC-4, nam sak wrote:
When you fly MAS you are not flying on a normal...
Forum: Air travel July 22nd, 2014, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

When you fly MAS you are not flying on a normal airline. You are
flying on a bankrupt vessel of the Malaysian Government. A Government
that makes the...
Forum: Air travel July 22nd, 2014, 08:44 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

Normally no I don't check the route, unless there are volcanic
eruptions or something like that since some airlines are willing to
take more risks than others. In general I think it would be...
Forum: Air travel July 21st, 2014, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

Actually there are. You can get a bus (or a train) from most of
mainland South East Asia to KL.

But why bother? There are plenty of airlines that fly there from all
over the planet.

Only Public...
Forum: Air travel July 20th, 2014, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By nam sak
Was Flight MH-17 Diverted Over Restricted Airspace?

MAS has been effectively bankrupt for many years and for good reasons
(it is absolutely ****, I flew it once and vowed never to set foot on
it ever again).

When an airline is in that situation...
Forum: Air travel June 27th, 2014, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
MH370 Air Accident Investigation Complete

Passengers suffocated and plane went into sea on auto pilot.

The ATSB forgot to add that they will continue to pretend looking for
it until everyone...
Forum: Air travel June 16th, 2014, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
MH370: How long will the search continue?

A long article with not much if anything new. But David Soucie's point
that "Once the aircraft is found -- if it is -- at that point the
Australians will be pretty much done with their part and...
Forum: Air travel June 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By nam sak
Flight MH370: What are they hiding?

I am not as convinced as Mr. Goodfellow that it was an accident but
his article is worth reading. It is non sensational and tries restrict
itself to known facts. Agreed the known unknown cargo issue...
Forum: Air travel May 20th, 2014, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
'Pings' may NOT have been from MH370 after all

What reason could there possibly be for not releasing the recordings?
It is clearly not related to national or international security. Then
what?

If you wanted to make it look like you were...
Forum: Air travel May 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
What was on-board Flight MH370 when it disappeared?

I can understand not releasing certain information if it could hamper
an investigation.

But what earthly reason could there be for not releasing the cargo
information, unless it was something that...
Forum: Air travel May 2nd, 2014, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
4 hours

4 hours.

I mean 4 hours. That is not a typo.

I still find it difficult to believe even though I know for sure it
happened.

It tells you all you need to know about MH 370.

Malaysia was talking to...
Forum: Air travel April 25th, 2014, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
Military radar in Malaysia did track an unidentified aircraft as it flew across the country's airspace

I wondered how long it would take them to fabricate some radar data
that suits their story. Now we know. Next I imagine they will refuse
to release the radar data on security grounds before...
Forum: Air travel April 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By nam sak
It's Official - MH370 search team do not even have Google Earth

A school kid with Google Earth could have told them the ocean was more
than 4.5km deep where they put the drone down, yet they went ahead an
did it anyway.

Ever get the feeling you are being conned...
Forum: Air travel April 12th, 2014, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
Call traced to co-pilot's phone

AIRBORNE CONTACT: Telco tower in Penang picked up phone signal

KUALA LUMPUR: A CREW member of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 made a
desperate call from his mobile phone as the plane was flying low...
Forum: Air travel April 4th, 2014, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By nam sak
Flight MH370: Altitude issues, flight-recorder operation

doesn't really factor in the Malaysian Government lying it's ass off.

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:16:39 -0400, Pat wrote:
Forum: Air travel April 4th, 2014, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
Hunt for Malaysian plane heads underwater

So just as the battery life is nearly over they start looking for it.

You couldn't make this up.

I suspect the only chance we have of ever knowing what actually
happened is if Anwar Ibrahim was put...
Forum: Air travel March 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By nam sak
Flight MH370 carrying tonnes of "mangosteens" - and Li-Ion batteries?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:31:23 +0000 (UTC), Bert
wrote:

In
" wrote:

People...
Forum: Air travel March 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By nam sak
Flight MH370 carrying tonnes of "mangosteens" - and Li-Ion batteries?

I am getting to the point where I am beginning to hope they never find
out what happened to MH 370.

It just might give Malayians a big enough kick up their backsides to
start doing something about...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By nam sak
Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Malaysian Transport Minister has today denied that people in the
Maldives saw MH 370.

Based on everything that has happened before a denial from
Hishammuddin Hussein is pretty much conclusive proof...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2014, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By nam sak
Flight MH370: Malaysian radar, passenger phone contact, high-altitude hypoxia

In the case of fire if they had enough time and wherewithall and
control to turn the plane around and fly it up and down to that extent
then it seems equally likely they would have been able to make...
Forum: Air travel March 18th, 2014, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By nam sak
Delta 757 Makes Emergency Landing After Wing Panel Tears Off Midflight

A couple of minues ago a chef friend has confirmed that a Top-Poaster
is indeed the correct culinary name for a poached egg on toast.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:25:18 -0400, Home Guy "Home"@.Guy....
Forum: Air travel March 17th, 2014, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers
Replies: 4
Posted By nam sak
Delta 757 Makes Emergency Landing After Wing Panel Tears Off Midflight

More wing without the top panel on top?

Come on give me clue.

Ever wondered what was inside the wing as you looked outside your
emergency-seat window?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28