Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AGW
Forum: Cruises March 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By AGW
Hong Kong Hotel Advice, Please

Hi, all.

We (my 78-year-old father and I, fairly agile 49-year-old paraplegic
manual wheelchair user) will be in Hong Kong post-cruise in early June
for three nights. Any thoughts as to...
Forum: Cruises June 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By AGW
Princess Cancels Puerto Vallarta port calls

On 6/23/2011 11:33 AM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
http://www.etravelblackboard.com/article/120198/sapphire-princess-cancels-puerto-vallarta-calls

Would love to know why this isn't on the News page of...
Forum: Latin America June 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 2
Posted By AGW
Iguazu Falls when you're in a wheelchair

Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a
paraplegic (male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail....
Forum: Cruises June 12th, 2011, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By AGW
Pre-cruise accommodation in Rio?

Hi, all.

We are a group of 8. One paraplegic male, 47. All others all bodied,
70-77. We'll be on the Oceania Insignia Rio-to-Barcelona in March, 2012,
and we've all decided that we want to come...
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By AGW
Jerusalem and Haifa when you're in a wheelchair

Hi, all.

We'll be on the April 20 Oceania Nautica, and will be visiting the
Walled City in Jerusalem. I'm a paraplegic (wheelchair, not frail) and,
while we realize that many of the attractions...
Forum: Air travel February 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By AGW
When to Buy a Ticket

On 2/22/2011 12:46 AM, OccasionalFlyer wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I hae one more question. Westjet? Never
heard of it. Is it going to be better price-wise but in other
respects...
Forum: Cruises January 31st, 2011, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By AGW
Laundry on Oceania Nautica?

On 1/30/2011 6:31 PM, MAS wrote:
On 1/30/2011 6:25 PM, AGW wrote:
Hi, all.

Are any you aware of what sort of laundry facilities exist on Oceania's
Nautica? We're booked on the April 20...
Forum: Cruises January 30th, 2011, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By AGW
Laundry on Oceania Nautica?

Hi, all.

Are any you aware of what sort of laundry facilities exist on
Oceania's Nautica? We're booked on the April 20 Dubai-to-Athens (which,
as I write this, is still a go). TIA.
Forum: Air travel January 8th, 2011, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By AGW
Resting/sleeping facilities within LHR (Terminal 5)?

On 1/7/2011 11:26 PM, AGW wrote:
Hello.

We are a group of four (46-year-old agile male in a wheelchair, and four
able-bodied seniors). We'll have an eight-hour layover at LHR, Terminal
5...
Forum: Air travel January 8th, 2011, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By AGW
Resting/sleeping facilities within LHR (Terminal 5)?

Hello.

We are a group of four (46-year-old agile male in a wheelchair, and
four able-bodied seniors). We'll have an eight-hour layover at LHR,
Terminal 5 between a nine-hour flight from YYC and...
Forum: Cruises January 8th, 2011, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By AGW
shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

On 1/7/2011 10:18 AM, Ohioguy wrote:
My wife and I have 1 full day before we leave for our week long
Caribbean Princess cruise. At first I thought we probably shouldn't do
any shore excursions,...
Forum: Cruises October 10th, 2010, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By AGW
WEHT Best Western Marina Inn and Yacht Harbor (FLL)?

(WEHT = whatever happened to)

We stayed at the above prior to our first-ever cruise (Coral Princess)
in 2003. What has become of the place? Does anyone know what's there now?

TIA.
Forum: USA & Canada June 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By AGW
Round-trip tours to Washington, DC leaving New York City?

Hi, all.

I'm a paraplegic (manual wheelchair), travelling with my dad. We're
looking for a reputable company that does tours of DC that leaves
(round-trip) NYC in late August. Suggestions? ...
Forum: Cruises May 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By AGW
Laundromat on Oceania Nautica?

Hi, all.

We're booked on our first-ever Oceania Cruise (after 13 on Princess,
RCCL, Celebrity and HAL). April 20, 2011, Nautica from Dubai to Athens.
Can't tell from any of the websites or...
Forum: Cruises February 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By AGW
Florida Question

Lee wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:36:27 -0500, Patrick Eagan
wrote:

Lee wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:53:43 -0800, (orbit33
Forum: Air travel November 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By AGW
Google to offer free WiFi at 47 airports this Holiday season

Traveler wrote:
Any of these airports in your travel plans?

http://www.theupperdeck.com/?p=157

SLC, DEN and PHX -- all hubs (for Delta, United and US Air,
respectively) -- aren't on the...
Forum: USA & Canada August 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By AGW
Fox car rental.

wrote:
Hi there

I am just posting to see anyone out there has experience good or bad
with Fox Car Rental in Las Vegas. They seem to have the best rates,
but of course you...
Forum: Air travel May 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By AGW
Alaska Airlines Dropping SFO-YVR

Alaska Airlines announced on May 20 that it was adding MSP and Kona to
its roster (both will get non-stops out of Seattle starting Oct. 26 and
Nov. 17 respectively). However, it also announced a...
Forum: Cruises April 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By AGW
Our Latest Document Dance

AGW wrote:
Our ninth document dance (for ten cruises) since January, 2003.

This time for the April 27 Voyager of the Seas, Galveston to Barcelona.

Our cruising history (first one was...
Forum: Cruises April 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By AGW
Missed Ports

Becca wrote:

Has your ship ever canceled a port? My top two, are Cancun and Belize.
They were canceled because of rough weather.

Becca

Yes. The big storm at this time last year meant...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By AGW
Southwest

wrote:
TEP wrote:

They say (provisionally) that the schedule will be extended on April 17.

I doubt it will cover all of November by then.

It didn't. The new set of...
Forum: Cruises April 14th, 2008, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By AGW
Our Latest Document Dance

Our ninth document dance (for ten cruises) since January, 2003.

This time for the April 27 Voyager of the Seas, Galveston to Barcelona.

Our cruising history (first one was Coral Princess, FLL to...
Forum: Cruises March 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By AGW
Hiring a Cab in Cartagena, Spain?

Hi, all.

Dad and I are off on the April 27 Voyager of the Seas (Galveston to
Barcelona). Just had a look at the excursion possibilities for
Cartagena, Spain. They don't look too accessible. ...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By AGW
Same-day arrival at LAX?

AGW wrote:

Hi, all. We're thinking of the 3-day LA to Vancouver Sapphire Princess
on May 7 (or Sapphire Princess between the same 2 towns on May 14). Is
a 1:30 PM arrival at LAX cutting it...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By AGW
Same-day arrival at LAX?

Hi, all. We're thinking of the 3-day LA to Vancouver Sapphire Princess
on May 7 (or Sapphire Princess between the same 2 towns on May 14). Is
a 1:30 PM arrival at LAX cutting it too close (ship...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57