Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nekochan
Forum: Cruises November 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By nekochan
st thomas coral world taxi

Will there be a problem catching a taxi from coral world back to the
ship?
Forum: Cruises September 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By nekochan
cape liberty in february

I'm looking to take the explorer out of cape liberty in february. I
was wondering if you drive to the terminal and there's a big snowstorm
while you are on your cruise, is there someone available to...
Forum: Cruises June 9th, 2010, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By nekochan
avoiding airfare for cruise?

The libraries around here have computers with internet access, no
charge. I bet you could go to your library and use their computers.
And an extremely useful website where there are alot more cruise...
Forum: Cruises May 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By nekochan
Is Your First Cruiseline Still Your Favorite?

I think alot of it depends on your itinerary and your needs at the
time. For instance, if it were just me and my husband, I would
definitely go with Celebrity, possibly Royal Caribbean (it's...
Forum: Cruises April 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By nekochan
EXPLORER of the seas

I'm booked on the august 19th EOS. I booked it last summer and have
had one price drop. As of the last time I checked online the price was
around $1200 for the cheapest inside cabin on the RCCL...
Forum: Cruises March 22nd, 2010, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By nekochan
St Martin beach with 15 year old boy

Thanks for all your advice. We're going in August, and I'm concerned
about the Heat (he is extremely sensitive to heat and motion), which
is why I'm thinking a non excursion would be better, since we...
Forum: Cruises March 15th, 2010, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By nekochan
St Martin beach with 15 year old boy

That's good news for my teenage boy :0)

Doesn't bother me at all - just figured being on a topless beach with
his Mom there would be super embarassing.
Forum: Cruises March 15th, 2010, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By nekochan
St Martin beach with 15 year old boy

Which non topless beach is a good choice on St. Martin with a 15 year
old boy? I'd prefer one with a snack bar. Is it difficult to get
taxis back and forth? We're docking in Phillipsburg. Thanks in...
Forum: Cruises March 15th, 2010, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By nekochan
St thomas with 15 year old boy

I was thinking of going to coral world on St. Thomas. Since I'm
traveling with a teenager who is, let us say, not a morning person,
rather than use a ship excursion I wanted to hire a cab to get...
Forum: Cruises September 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By nekochan
talk like a pirate day

Just reminding all ye landlubbers and scalawags - today, September 19
be talk like a pirate day.
Forum: Cruises November 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
st. thomas beach

Thanks to everyone. Now if we could just figure out how to get the
clocks to move faster....
Forum: Cruises November 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
st. thomas beach

What about a taxi back from Coki Beach? Are they readily available?
Are there refreshments available for purchase?
Forum: Cruises November 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
st. thomas beach

I really dislike shore excursions, and was thinking of just grabbing a
cab to/from a beach on St. Thomas.

My questions a

1) Which beach is a good one for snorkeling
2) Do I need to arrange with...
Forum: Cruises October 23rd, 2008, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By nekochan
Cruise Medical Ins.????? (ALL)

Once, I was ordering something from a catalog to send to a friend in
New Mexico. The catalog saleswoman added international shipping. I had
to explain that NM was part of the United States.
Forum: Cruises October 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By nekochan
Cruise Medical Ins.????? (Ray)

1) Call medicare. Find the correct address for claims in Alaska.

2) Call medicare. Find the correct address for International Water
claims.

3) Call medicare. Find the correct address for canadian...
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
Samana

I'm going on RCCL. There are 2 excursions up on their website now -
one is a beach/snorkel excursion, the other is a 'meet the sea
lions'.
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By nekochan
Norwegian Gem

I was disappointed with the Gem. I loved the Dawn, but the Gem made me
rethink my position on the whole NCL cruiseline.

My problems with the Gem:

1) No movie theater, or movies on the stateroom...
Forum: Cruises October 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
Samana

Thanks everyone
Forum: Cruises October 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
Samana

We're going in February. Anything else to do?
Forum: Cruises October 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By nekochan
Samana

My itinerary was just switched to include this port. Any
recommendations as to what to do in this port? Or should I stay on the
ship?

Thanks in advance
Forum: Cruises September 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By nekochan
NCL cancels F3 ship

I wonder if the people who are happy with the NCL cruises are in one
of the suites or in 'steerage'. My impression is that it makes a HUGE
difference in how you perceive a NCL cruise.
Forum: Cruises September 10th, 2008, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By nekochan
snorkel gear question

On Sep 9, 11:04*am, "clint" wrote:

Oh, please another "nanny" (senior citisen)

I was worried that a senior citizen would leave polygrip on the
snorkel.
Forum: Cruises September 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By nekochan
snorkel gear question

Thanks. that's not a problem - I'm bringing my own snorkel and mask
for hygienic purposes, not to save money.
Forum: Cruises September 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By nekochan
snorkel gear question

I'm planning on bringing my own snorkel and mask. Can I rent just the
flippers or should I bring those too?
Forum: Cruises July 25th, 2008, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By nekochan
Norwegian Dawn 7 days or Explorer of the Seas 5 days

I haven't cruise on RCCL yet, but this is my gut feeling. I had 2
cruises on NCL - the first one was on the Dawn, and it was great. The
2nd one was on the Gem, and it was not so great - I'm now...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84