Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terry Richards[_2_]
Forum: Europe January 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 52
volcano tourism

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

From Palermo to Etna? They are on opposite sides of Sicily; unless you
have a much larger...
Forum: Europe November 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 174
What is a shilling? British driving and Imperial units of measure

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
There were ha'pennies (half pennies), and farthings (quarter pennies).

There was a 1/3 farthing...
Forum: Europe April 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 30
Brittany and Normandy

Ken,

My answers relate to Brittany (where I live) but should be generally true
for Normandy too.

My wife and I are thinking of going to Brittany and Normandy either
next spring or Fall....
Forum: Europe February 28th, 2011, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

If you plan to live in France, you need to learn French well enough so
that
you don't have...
Forum: Europe February 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Terry Richards writes:

I don't really know as I don't know of anybody that moved here as an...
Forum: Europe February 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

"M@gd@" wrote in message

How long do they keep you paying for lessons, 200 hours?

I don't really know as I don't know of...
Forum: Europe February 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
simon calder writes:

...but you do have to take, and pass, the *Code* before you can apply...
Forum: Europe February 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
There a school in the Paris area that specializes in training ex-pats.
Someone
from the...
Forum: Europe February 22nd, 2011, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 56
No rental motorcycles or scooters in France?

What I don't know is if my USA motorcycle licence is good enough satisfy
this requirement?

It should be - it is valid in France for up to 30 days (or so, I'm not sure
of the exact time...
Forum: Europe August 31st, 2009, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 74
Quick question on accommodations in France

"singlemalt" wrote in message

What is a Chip and Pin type credit card? Does that mean I cannot use my
plain ole'...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"Giovanni Drogo" wrote in message

Which part of Italy (which is long) are you interested in...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"je" wrote in message
On 6 avr, 10:54, "Terry Richards" wrote:
My...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"Tim C." wrote in message

Depending on where you're going from, an overnight ferry or a drive from
Holland to Hamburg or...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"Martin Theodor Ludwig" wrote in message
... within France or Italy you can take trains. See my
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"Martin Theodor Ludwig" wrote in message

... or you could do it per stop-over in Corsica or Sardinia ;-)

Regards, Martin

I...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2009, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"tim....." wrote in message

You said that you wanted to save the driving mileage. This option is
never going to save...
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

"Mike Lane" wrote in message

The best place for ferry information and booking that I've found is he
http://www.viamare.com/
This shows only one route from France to...
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Mediterranean Ferries

We are planning a trip from northern France to central/southern Italy by
motorcycle.

To cut down a bit on the road mileage, we were wondering if there were any
ferries from southern France to...
Forum: Europe May 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.belgium
Replies: 18
Belgians dump chip fat down the Toilet

What effect does the use of "biodiesel" have on CO2 levels?

If it's genuinely bio...
Forum: Europe May 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 26
French railway buys British baguettes

wrote:

I know many
people in business in the area some of whom run very large businesses.
Your optimistic assesment of France is not matched by the views of the
Forum: Europe January 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
connecting a U.S. power strip to a Schuko adapter

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello. If I connect a U.S. power strip (without a surge protector) to
a...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21