Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 3.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D Ball
Forum: Cruises August 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By D Ball
Hooray for the upgrade fairy

On 8/4/2010 4:05 PM, Jeff Gersten wrote:
We booked an m inside guarantee, and we were upgraded several decks to
jj.

That's terrific, Jeff! Knock on wood, our GTY bookings have always
worked...
Forum: Cruises July 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball
Compressed Luggage

On 7/16/2010 1:38 PM, Barbara Brown wrote:
We're doing an 18 transatlantic with HAL that leaves from Amsterdam. To
get there we have to change planes in London but we get in at 10:00 pm
and our...
Forum: Cruises July 15th, 2010, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By D Ball
Review: Crystal Serenity - Venice - Athens

I have to echo your comments about the Crystal cruise experience.
They'll go to almost any length to please a passenger.

Some years ago my SO and I were having breakfast in the buffet and I
Forum: Cruises July 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball
Compressed Luggage

On 7/15/2010 10:20 AM, Barbara Brown wrote:

For us, we rarely check bags, just travel with a regulation roller and a
backpack per person. However, especially in Europe, discount...
Forum: Cruises July 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By D Ball
Review: Crystal Serenity - Venice - Athens

Mark, wow, it sounds like y'all had a wonderful trip in every way.
Thanks for sharing all of the details with us. I savored every word!

It was very interesting to read your summary of The Crystal...
Forum: Cruises July 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball
Compressed Luggage

On 7/14/2010 2:32 PM, Cythiangel wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:18:23 -0500, D Ball wrote:

And in the same way, you can buy those extra-large baggies and
compression pack sweaters and...
Forum: Cruises July 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball
Compressed Luggage

And in the same way, you can buy those extra-large baggies and
compression pack sweaters and other bulky stuff. I'm a big fan of
rolling the rest. Wrinkles fall out pretty well. On special...
Forum: Cruises July 14th, 2010, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball
Compressed Luggage

On 7/14/2010 12:41 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 7/14/10 10:59 AM, Barbara Brown wrote:
Has anyone tried using those bags where you suck out all the air with
your vacuum for packing your luggage?

Forum: Cruises July 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By D Ball
Back From Alaska

On 7/14/2010 1:18 AM, John Sisker wrote:
"Tom K" wrote in message
On 7/13/10 5:37 AM, Charles wrote:

It is three...
Forum: Cruises July 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By D Ball
Cruise ship passenger visiting St. Thomas killed during gangshootout

The cruise lines need to stop docking in St.Thomas until the
government there can guarantee the safety of their cruise tourists,
all cruise tourists.

Give me a break. People can...
Forum: Cruises July 13th, 2010, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By D Ball
Uniworld's river cruises in 2011

Today's Vacations to Go email highlighted river cruising promotions with
Uniworld, and the info below about three new/upgraded ships caught my eye.

"In 2011, Uniworld debuts two brand-new ships and...
Forum: Cruises July 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By D Ball
Pride of America - Excursions

Rosalie, it was so interesting and entertaining to read both your
accounts and the daily reports your grandson made! I know you put a lot
of time and effort into researching the entire trip to meet...
Forum: Cruises July 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By D Ball
Pride of America - review - Ship, Food and Service aboard

On 7/2/2010 12:01 PM, Charles wrote:

My grandson found that he could do his email without paying anything
by using his cell phone. He started sending his parents daily updates
from his...
Forum: Cruises July 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By D Ball
Pride of America - review - Ship, Food and Service aboard

On 7/1/2010 7:45 PM, wrote:

One major annoyance was that there was absolutely NO WAY to get the
announcements in the cabin. You either had to keep your cabin door
Forum: Cruises July 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By D Ball
Pride of America - review - Embarkation and Room

Welcome home, Rosalie. Thanks for sharing all of the details. I enjoyed
this report and see you have posted more, will move on to the next part.

I was holding my breath through your account of...
Forum: Cruises June 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By D Ball
One of My Favorite Things

On 6/29/2010 10:50 AM, Mark (SF) wrote:
One of my favorite things about cruising in Europe is that we get a
chance to see "old friends" in new livery, as ships are retired from
US lines and...
Forum: Cruises June 29th, 2010, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By D Ball
Cruise without a passport?

On 6/28/2010 8:15 PM, GV wrote:
It's not really all that problematic but it's something that would just
add one more barrier that I'd like to avoid if I can. My 88 year old
mother has just...
Forum: Cruises June 28th, 2010, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By D Ball
Off topic:

On 6/28/2010 2:31 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a fee to log onto facebook for web owners?

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Forum: Cruises June 28th, 2010, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By D Ball
Veendam cruise to Bermuda photos

On 6/28/2010 2:52 PM, Charles wrote:
Photo album I put together from my cruise a few weeks ago on the Holland
America Veendam to Bermuda.

Forum: Cruises June 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By D Ball
Cruise without a passport?

On 6/28/2010 7:37 AM, GV wrote:
Are there any cruises available for U.S. citizens that don't require a
passport? Hawaii or possibly a river cruise? I'm not even sure about
Hawaii, though. Are...
Forum: Cruises June 25th, 2010, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By D Ball
Foreign transaction fee for future cruise purchased onboard in Europe

While onboard an Oceania cruise in Europe this spring, an American
couple put down a $1,500 deposit on a future cruise. When they got home
and checked their statement, Wells Fargo had assessed a 3%...
Forum: Cruises June 25th, 2010, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By D Ball
Praise for cruise lines who helped pax stranded by landslides andvolcanic ash

The July 2010 issue of International Travel News has five reports
praising cruise line actions to help pax stranded during the January
flooding and landslides in Peru and the April Icelandic...
Forum: Cruises June 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
WTF
Posted By D Ball
WTF

On 6/25/2010 12:51 PM, John Sisker wrote:
"Borked Psuedo Mailed" wrote in message
What the **** has...
Forum: Cruises June 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By D Ball
Celebrity Summit stateroom question

On 6/24/2010 2:38 AM, SwissCruiser wrote:
Hi,
I am considering booking a cruise on Celebrity summit, leaving on 24
Oct 2010 Cape Liberty to San Juan for 6 nights, via Bermuda. As we
would be...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By D Ball
Oasis of the Seas cockpit featured in this month's Wired

The July issue (print--not online yet) of Wired magazine has a photo
essay on cockpits--two planes, two land vehicles, a sub and the Oasis of
the Seas, including comments by the ship's first...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 128