Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill[_3_]
Forum: Africa October 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Safari questions

In 2008, I wanna do a safari for me and the mrs. ...
We would prefer to do it in December or January
Suggestions? Thoughts? Caveats? S.A. or Kenya? Winter or
summer?

In January the best...
Forum: USA & Canada May 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By Bill[_3_]
CA car rental fees

On May 5, 8:39*pm, "- Bobb -" wrote:

The CA fees for Hertz (probably all at the airport) are really
something:

Additional Items (included in *Total Charges)
Tax * * *...
Forum: Africa April 29th, 2007, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill[_3_]
African Photogragphy inspiration wanted!!!

"the_niner_nation" wrote:

...what i am asking in this post is if any of you have
uploaded your safari pictures could you please share the links with me, as
I'd...
Forum: Africa March 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Who stays the longest in the Serengeti ?

On Mar 10, 7:27*pm, "frz" wrote:

Any specific company I should check for ? *

Here are three low-to-mid range (price) ground operators in Arusha
that book custom trips ......
Forum: Africa March 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Who stays the longest in the Serengeti ?

I'm presently looking at different safari providers but they all seem
to stay only one or two nights in the Serengeti. Do you know any
provider that spends more time in this park ?

Every...
Forum: USA & Canada February 18th, 2007, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Things To Do In Phoenix Arizona?

"Tricky Dicky" wrote:
Going to New York at the end of March and then flying down to stay with
friends in Phoenix for a week

They could be working during some of the days - so any...
Forum: USA & Canada January 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Grand Canyon West - anyone been there ?

- Bobb - wrote:
http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/jan07/updates.html
scroll down - shows a photo and quick story about it.
Opens May 2007
=================

"- Bobb -"...
Forum: USA & Canada January 4th, 2007, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Why would Arizona be cold?

Richard Fangnail wrote:

A few weeks ago my paper said the coldest spot in the US for a few days
was in Arizona - but this doesn't include Alaska, Hawaii or Calif. I
think it doesn't...
Forum: Africa December 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill[_3_]
cell phone service to the US while in Tanzania

Marc Lurie wrote:

Probably your best option is to buy a GSM phone in the US, and when
you arrive in Tanzania, buy a local SIM card and prepaid airtime.

Thanks Marc ... on another forum...
Forum: Africa December 22nd, 2006, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill[_3_]
cell phone service to the US while in Tanzania

Will be on the northern circuit and most of the areas have cell phone
access (at least the guides seem to be able to call out) ... what's the
easiest and cheapest way to get a GSM ready cell phone...
Forum: USA & Canada December 22nd, 2006, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Half-day in evergaldes, where to go?

wrote:

BTW: This may not appeal to you, but once in Florida - and I can't begin
to remember where it was, unfortunately, because I've been up and down
both...
Forum: USA & Canada December 21st, 2006, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Half-day in evergaldes, where to go?

Bill wrote:
A good place to see the critters is the Anhinga Trail, which is near
the north entrance close to Homestead and Miami.

A good place to see fewer critters but take a nice...
Forum: USA & Canada December 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Half-day in evergaldes, where to go?

wrote:

We just have a half-day ( afternoon ) to spend in everglades. I visited
the website and notice there are several visitor centers and each has
many trails. Which...
Forum: USA & Canada December 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Looking for budget hotels near Florida keys and Everglades

wrote:

I know there are many 2-3 start hotels in Miami area, but these are
all adding an unncessary 40-50 miles to where I want to be, i.e
key west and everglades. Are...
Forum: USA & Canada December 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Rafting in Idaho

TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:

Prefer the couch, myself... ;-)

A man's got to know his limitations :)
Forum: USA & Canada December 7th, 2006, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Rafting in Idaho

wrote:

Hi,

I work for ECHO River Trips on the Middle Fork of the Salmon and during
the summer months we take kids that are pretty young, usually 7 or 8.
They all love...
Forum: Africa December 6th, 2006, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill[_3_]
In-Country Cost Comparison Among East African Countires

pjbphd wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a cost comparison for visiting and
traveling among Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Rwanda on the web.

Most people would choose between Uganda...
Forum: USA & Canada December 5th, 2006, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Need suggestions for travel to Monument Valley by car from Dallas

asdf3b wrote:

Hi!I would like to take a leisurely travel vacation to Monument Valley
and visit the Indian reservations. What is the best time of the year to
travel there?

Spring or fall...
Forum: Africa November 27th, 2006, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Help Newbie in Planning For Trip to Tanzania-Kenya

pjbphd wrote:

I'm putting together a trip to Kenya and Tanzania for a group of about a
dozen friends from the United States. We've never been to Africa before and
I'm looking for some...
Forum: USA & Canada November 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill[_3_]
America West Airlines, US Airways or United Airlines?

wrote:
Hi All

Wanting to fly one way from SFO to LAS in January. Have done a few searches
(Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and the prices are very similar (if not the...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Desert USA Travel - What Does 10% or Lower Humidity Feel Like?

Bill wrote:

In Phoenix the *average* afternoon humidity in June is 12%, with many
7-10% days. Most other desert areas are probably similar.

Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Desert USA Travel - What Does 10% or Lower Humidity Feel Like?

wrote:

Where can you find 10% humidity? I checked Death Valley and I couldn't
find that being even that low.

In Phoenix the *average* afternoon humidity in June is...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Desert USA Travel - What Does 10% or Lower Humidity Feel Like?

wrote:

I am very curious. What does 10% or lower feel like when the air
temperatures are 80-100F? Does it feel good? Better than 50% humidity?

Do a Google search on...
Forum: USA & Canada October 21st, 2006, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill[_3_]
Whats to do in Pheonix for a week?

wrote:

Ok but is Tucson big enough to have direct flights from
St Louis?

Tucson is barely big enough to have direct flights from Phoenix, much
less St. Louis ...
Forum: Africa October 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill[_3_]
i can go to the pet shop.....and adopt a chimp.....madona

Well Morris why not adopt a chimp then ... most likely it would raise
your family's average IQ a few points ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49