Showing results 1 to 25 of 190
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TOliver
Forum: Air travel December 14th, 2006, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By TOliver
Continental Airlines Flight Attendant

"Jim Davis" wrote after another asked....

How many people are just "offered" jobs as flight attendants without
applying
for it..?

There are a few. A person...
Forum: Air travel December 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By TOliver
Courier companies in NY?

wrote ...

Hi - I have been looking to fly as a courier over winter break to
Europe, but haven't had any luck finding contact info of courier
companies in NYC (flying out...
Forum: Air travel December 14th, 2006, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Posted By TOliver
Can you afford to stay at the worlds best Hotel

"The Reid" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:41:21 +0100, Tom Peel
wrote:

so its got...
Forum: Europe December 14th, 2006, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 77

"The Reid" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:41:21 +0100, Tom Peel
wrote:

so its got...
Forum: Air travel December 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By TOliver
Southwest Airlines

"Bucky" wrote ...
wrote:
At a corporate culture session at my company the other day, Southwest
Airlines (and Starbucks) were mentioned as having...
Forum: Air travel December 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 20
Posted By TOliver
Eliminate reclining seats?

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message "TOliver"
Forum: Air travel December 10th, 2006, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 20
Posted By TOliver
Eliminate reclining seats?

"ant" wrote...

As for reclining seats, I flew Delta domestic the other day, and my seat
was busted! As I leant back against it, it went. The flight was good
exercise...
Forum: Air travel December 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By TOliver
Food okay to bring on board?

wrote in message

TOliver wrote:
[snip]
I suspect that by the time it's
stowed aboard, a $5.00...
Forum: Air travel December 8th, 2006, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 39
Posted By TOliver
US Citizens Required To Present Passports

"DevilsPGD" wrote...

Mike Hunt
postmaster@localhost wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:

Around here, any gov't issued ID can only be replaced with a police
Forum: Air travel December 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By TOliver
Food okay to bring on board?

"Sancho Panza" wrote ....

A lot of airlines have begun selling box meals on board. It is said to be
turning out to be quite a profit center.

If you deal much...
Forum: Air travel December 2nd, 2006, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By TOliver
I hate the TSA policy on liquids and gels

"Runge" wrote ...
lol amelicans are funnee

"sjf" a écrit...

But I don't mean it to be funny, I was hoping it might actually have
some impact. ...
Forum: Air travel November 28th, 2006, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By TOliver
Trivia question

wrote ...

Can anyone tell me in which state a resident would have to drive the
farthest in to get to an airport with scheduled service? Some states
seem to have very...
Forum: Air travel November 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

"Miguel Cruz" wrote...

AES wrote:
Used to be quite true, maybe still is on rare occasions -- but trying to
reach a human via a commercial phone...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2006, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
TOliver wrote:

2. Across the US are dozens of small airports which are actually...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

Over the years, I've learned a couple of lessons for occasions such as this
one (or similar occurrences).....

1. When things go wrong, never attempt to do at the counter that which can
be done on...
Forum: Air travel November 20th, 2006, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By TOliver
Airbus A380 in Arizona

"John Francis" wrote....

Probably parts for the Boeing 787. That's wider than anything
currently in commercial service (and many of the newer jets are
already noticeably...
Forum: Air travel November 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

As a humorous aside, Jim, don't plan on arriving two hours early for AA's or
CO's 0600/0615 flights out of ACT, just up the road from you. The doors
will still be locked. With just one gate, and...
Forum: Air travel November 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 25
Posted By TOliver
Bottled water in checked luggage

"DangerWillRobinson" wrote in message
DevilsPGD wrote:

Might not work in your part of the world, but it seems to...
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

wrote in message

Which wouldn't have gotten her bag checked. I have to agree, I'd
probably have...
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2006, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:37:44 GMT in rec.travel.air, "TOliver"
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2006, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By TOliver
How safe are baggage contents?

"The Litwaks" wrote...

I've read that baggage handles pilfer the contents of bags (obviously a
generalization but...). How concerned should I be about that? That...
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2006, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By TOliver
US Airways Looks to Acquire Delta

"Robert Cohen" wrote ....

(Snippagio Molto UslessAir proposal to buy Dullta)

In attempting to analyze the proposal and what USAir would seem to envision
from it, I suspect...
Forum: Air travel November 15th, 2006, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 56
Posted By TOliver
A "Late at the Gate" Horror Story....

My daughter, the corporate road warrior, came up with a new twist to being
late to check in for an American Eagle flight....

She and two others, marginally so, but on time, were waiting in the...
Forum: Air travel November 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By TOliver
Question on one way car rental

"Michael A." wrote...

I want to book a flight from San Jose, California
to San Diego, then a car from San Diego
to San Jose. Any recommendations
Forum: Air travel November 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 394
Posted By TOliver
Air France? Ptui!

"mrtravel" wrote in message
Tchiowa wrote:

You have to compare it with what is good. A zero deficit is not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 190