Showing results 1 to 25 of 143
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Peel[_5_]
Forum: Air travel November 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
passport checks

schrieb:
Check-in for flight. Passport is scanned/checked. Boarding card says
'DOC OK' which I guess confirms my passport has been checked at check-
in.

Present...
Forum: Air travel October 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Luggage falls from jet

Duh_OZ schrieb:
The article states it was a garment bag and make-up kit that was lost,
but the news showed the garment bag as a regular piece of luggage and
the make-up kit may be a duffel bag...
Forum: Air travel October 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
New Trend? or Old News? ~~Mandatory~~ self check-in

schrieb:
On 21 Oct, 20:52, Mr Travel wrote:
wrote:

The problem is if you use a travel agent, then the system may not
Forum: Europe October 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
spain driving and hotel info needed

Romeo Raabe schrieb:
On Oct 22, 6:44 pm, Romeo Raabe wrote:
I am considering a driving vacation in Spain, did it on motorcycle and
pup tent 35 years ago, and still want to...
Forum: Europe October 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 36
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Dumpster Divers Go Mainstream In Thrifty Germany...

Sarah Banick schrieb:
"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

The Wall Street Journal

Dumpster Divers Go Mainstream...
Forum: Europe October 22nd, 2007, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 36
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Dumpster Divers Go Mainstream In Thrifty Germany...

Gregory Morrow schrieb:
The Wall Street Journal

Dumpster Divers Go Mainstream In Thrifty Germany

Wares Left on Street Pose Competition for Retailers; The 'Free Shop' in
Berlin

By...
Forum: Europe October 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Traveling in UK and Germany - where to rent car?

Brian schrieb:
I should have been more specific. I arrive LHR 23 Oct. Need to be in Germany
24-31 Oct. Then back to London 31 Oct - 2 Nov. Then back to Germany 2 -5
Nov. Then back to LHR 6...
Forum: Europe October 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Traveling in UK and Germany - where to rent car?

Markku Grönroos schrieb:

"William Black" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in...
Forum: Air travel October 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
New Trend? or Old News? ~~Mandatory~~ self check-in

SBC News schrieb:
I travel internationally (live in the US) quite often but not exactly every
week.
What's the problem. You can just walk up to a wall to wall row of
checkin machines and be...
Forum: Air travel October 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
German Rail- renewed strike action expected

Runge4 schrieb:
Unfortunately ?
People shouldn't speak german in Germany ?
Are your home websites in mandarin ?

The DB website offers a choice of German, English, French, Italian,
Spanish and...
Forum: Europe October 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Runge4 schrieb:
Unfortunately ?
People shouldn't speak german in Germany ?
Are your home websites in mandarin ?

The DB website offers a choice of German, English, French, Italian,
Spanish and...
Forum: Europe October 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 149
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Cost of gas in Germany

S Viemeister schrieb:
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , S Viemeister says...

Actually, the US does _not_ use the Imperial gallon! The US gallon...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 45
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Munich Airport

Martin schrieb:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:22:56 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

Martin wrote:
same terminal (is there more than one terminal?). I'm assuming we...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
WWII bomb deactivated in East Flanders

WorstGreatWestern schrieb:
http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flandersnews.be/News/070930_WWIIbomb

WWII bomb deactivated in East Flanders

Sun 30/09/07 - In the East Flemish municipality of...
Forum: Air travel September 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Fired Boeing Engineer Calls 787's Plastic Fuselage Unsafe

Nobody schrieb:
me wrote:

My first thought was; how many aircraft of this size have an
accident in which the primary threat is the fire and fumes?

Most.

The Singapore 747 at...
Forum: Europe September 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
what's the cheapest air ticket from Chile to Spain?

Enrique schrieb:
Hi the
I'm looking for the cheapest air ticket from Chile (Santiago) to
Spain(Madrid). My trip is planned bye january 2008 and I must carry a
lot of luggage.
Thanks for...
Forum: Europe September 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Thinking things out.

teak schrieb:
One thing for sure, there doesn 't seem to be a easy cheap way to
from Sardinia to Naples or Naples to Sardinia.Either one arrives from
NYC too early or too late. Maybe a Cruise...
Forum: Europe September 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 43
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Rhodes to nowhe Internet error spells holiday surprise

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) schrieb:
Tom Peel wrote:

Tim C. schrieb:
Following up to Frank Hucklenbroich :

Am Thu, 06 Sep...
Forum: Europe September 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

Tim C. schrieb:
Following up to Frank Hucklenbroich :

Am Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:57:48 -0700 schrieb Iceman:

Imagine going to Lagos, Nigeria instead of Lagos,...
Forum: Europe September 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
Do men really want a wife like June Cleaver.

Andrés Manuel López schrieb:
On 3 Sep, 02:20, (Carole Allen) wrote:
Dude, it's a cultural reference. They were TV characters; June was
held to be the quintessential...
Forum: Europe August 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 76
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

Binyamin Dissen schrieb:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 05:49:42 GMT Craig Welch wrote:

:auzerais wrote:

: But for
: the last several years, I just go to the airport,...
Forum: Air travel August 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 72

:auzerais wrote:

: But for
: the last several years, I just go to the airport,...
Forum: Air travel August 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 72
Posted By Tom Peel[_5_]
IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

Henry schrieb:
GENEVA (Reuters) - The global airlines body IATA said on Monday it
had placed its last order for paper tickets...

...said Giovanni Bisignani, director general of the...
Forum: Asia August 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 68

Henry schrieb:
GENEVA (Reuters) - The global airlines body IATA said on Monday it
had placed its last order for paper tickets...

...said Giovanni Bisignani, director general of the...
Forum: Europe August 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia