Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MacFarland
Forum: Air travel April 30th, 2018, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By MacFarland
Paying Extra for Cheap Seats

It's been about 10 months since I last booked a flight. When did the airlines start this "cute" game of offering the lowest fare but then charing extra for seats? First I saw United doing it. I'm at...
Forum: Air travel April 30th, 2018, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By MacFarland
STL transfer

Hi,

I've never been through STL. I'm looking at booking a flight and while I'd rather go direct, United has a new game since I last flew with them and it offends me. So I'm looking at Delta....
Forum: Air travel August 23rd, 2017, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By MacFarland
Guessing Weather in Minneapolis in November

For those who travel often, including flying into and out Minneapolis, I have a question. I have a reservation for a flight on Nov. 20. My airline changed the reservation unilaterally and now I have...
Forum: Air travel May 18th, 2017, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By MacFarland
Which major carrier to choose: United, Delta, and American all seemto have issues

For those of you who fly a lot, in light of all the problems for UAL and Delta at least, which of these three airlines seems to be the best for those of us who can only afford the cattle car I mean...
Forum: Air travel May 18th, 2017, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By MacFarland
Why is UAL much more for coach than Delta or American?

I am not trying to make a statement that is always true but I'm trying to get a round trip flight from southern California to Boston, and any flights with similar schedules are well over $100.00 more...
Forum: Air travel May 10th, 2017, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By MacFarland
When is the best time to buy airline tickes price-wise?

For a trip that is the weekend before Thanksgiving in the U.S., will the ticket prices go down any from now? I want to be sure to get an aisle seat but I'd rather pay a little less than the prices I...
Forum: Air travel April 28th, 2017, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By MacFarland
? on UAL from Infrequent Flyer

I only fly once or twice a year. Most of those trips are to an annual conference that moves around the country. It always take place the weekend before Thanksgiving. I don't think that fuel prices...
Forum: Air travel April 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By MacFarland
Are there really discount airline ticket sites?

I am planning a trip from, say, SNA/ONT/LAX/BUR (any one of these
would do) to Vancouver, B.C. (YVC I think). I went to a "discount"
site, Orbitz. What I found in fact was that I could get a better...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8