Showing results 1 to 25 of 142
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rick Blaine
Forum: Air travel March 23rd, 2008, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Rick Blaine
no security is better its cheaper too

JA_MORAN wrote:

I prefer NO security like things were a few years ago
I'd even pay extra to take flights with NO security and no hastle

Actually, I've often thought removing all...
Forum: Air travel March 13th, 2008, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick Blaine
DFW connection

(harold french) wrote:

how speedy the SKYLINK train is for moving from one terminal
to another?

Trains run in both directions every couple of minutes now, so it shouldn't...
Forum: Air travel March 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick Blaine
Transit Visa at London

prashant wrote:

I am planning to travel to India by British airways. I have a
french residence permit. Am planning to make the trip from france to
India with...
Forum: Air travel February 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Rick Blaine
NWA: MSP-NRT-SIN

(P T) wrote:

On their website, NW suggests an itinerary MSP-Tokyo-SIN. The first
segment arrives NRT 4:40 pm, leaves at 5:45 pm, that is, 1 hr 5 min. Is
this really...
Forum: Air travel January 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick Blaine
Longtime Southwester with question about USAir

"Jdguay" wrote:

We are doing a big family trip to Orlando in April. 10 of us leaving from
ALB. I have been a big Southwest fan for a long time, however I realized...
Forum: Air travel January 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 32
Posted By Rick Blaine
Boeing 777 runs out of air

"Chilly8" wrote:

I had never heard of aircraft having to keep and 250 KIAS,
or below, when below 10,000 ft.

Clearly you aren't a pilot, as every pilot knows that rule.
Forum: Air travel January 17th, 2008, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick Blaine
The Haunted Airbus Toilet

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

: Date: SATURDAY 22 DEC 07
: Flight: LH3344 Lufthansa
: Depart: FRANKFURT (FRA) at 2210 HRS

whatever that was. (Is there a...
Forum: Europe January 17th, 2008, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Rick Blaine
The Haunted Airbus Toilet

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

: Date: SATURDAY 22 DEC 07
: Flight: LH3344 Lufthansa
: Depart: FRANKFURT (FRA) at 2210 HRS

whatever that was. (Is there a...
Forum: Air travel January 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Rick Blaine
international prefixes for US phone numbers?

Hatunen wrote:

I'm not following you here. To call the US from another country
you must first dial that country's code for calling international
numbers.

Correct - but you...
Forum: Air travel January 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Rick Blaine
international prefixes for US phone numbers?

Makhno wrote:

I'm still getting to grips with International calling, but if you want
to make it easy for them and give them the actual number they have to
tap into the phone,...
Forum: Air travel January 2nd, 2008, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Rick Blaine
international prefixes for US phone numbers?

yawnmoth wrote:

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
List_of_international_call_prefixes, the international prefix for the
US is 011. Does that mean that if I...
Forum: Air travel December 31st, 2007, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick Blaine
RTW taxes = $1000?

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

I agree, "taxes" are often a percentage.

However, I was responding to the post's statements regarding a ticket
costing 10 times as much would have 10 times...
Forum: Air travel December 31st, 2007, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Rick Blaine
Travel with almost expired passport

Cool Dude wrote:

Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in...
Forum: Air travel December 29th, 2007, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick Blaine
RTW taxes = $1000?

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Have you looked at the details of a domestic ticket lately? The various air
taxes & fees make your phone bills and car rental bills seem reasonable. It's
Forum: Air travel December 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick Blaine
RTW taxes = $1000?

" wrote:

34,000 miles will start at $4,689

Now those prices do not include taxes or fees. And I can already tell
you that taxes will be over $1,000...
Forum: Air travel December 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 18
Posted By Rick Blaine
RTW planning & airfare

" wrote:

Okay, one more general question for now:
If I have a *A RTW, and I'm having such a blast in Delhi that I want
to push the next flight back...
Forum: Air travel December 22nd, 2007, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 18
Posted By Rick Blaine
RTW planning & airfare

" wrote:

I'm hoping to take an Around The World trip, and I'm not sure how to
do the airfare, and this newsgroup seems to be the place for...
Forum: Air travel December 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 18
Posted By Rick Blaine
Changing Flight Penalty?

BeaForoni wrote:

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month fron now. I
see by checking the...
Forum: Air travel December 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick Blaine
New SWA Boarding Process

"Rog'" wrote:

It would be far more interesting if they used a raffle system in
which each party or family gets a numbered ticket stub and they
call out "winners" at...
Forum: Air travel December 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick Blaine
New SWA Boarding Process

I had the opportunity to try out the new SWA boarding process this week. For
those that don't know, SWA has replaced their traditional ABC boarding swarm
with a more organized reserved place in line...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2007, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick Blaine
SouthWest Business class???

wrote:

Last few times I've flown Lufthansa's intraEurope "Business Class" they couldn't
even be bothered to move the armrests to make the seats wider.

The only...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2007, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick Blaine
SouthWest Business class???

(VS) wrote:

Southwest's seats are a damn sight better than
just about any airline's economy seats, and certainly
more comfortable than the first class or ``business...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick Blaine
SouthWest Business class???

Binyamin Dissen wrote:

They now have business class fares. Check out their website.

Read more closely. They have Business Fares, not Business Class Fares.

--
"Tell...
Forum: Air travel November 14th, 2007, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.air

"TMOliver" wrote:

The champagne was pretty mundane, Korbel, IIRC, but the cart and the carved
to order Prime Rib (one of the few ways beef actually does not suffer...
Forum: Air travel November 13th, 2007, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 39
Posted By Rick Blaine
When Topflight Food Was Standard on Planes

zorba wrote:

followed by a choice of lobster thermidor

You don't need a time machine to go back to 1967. I've ordered lobster thermador
on Singapore Air a couple of times in the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 142