Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dick Adams[_2_]
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 2nd, 2009, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
2/3 weeks in Western Australia and/or Tasmania

Gerrit wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote in message

When I come again to OZ, I'll stop in Albany to have a few pints with you.

You're going to have to make...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 30th, 2009, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
2/3 weeks in Western Australia and/or Tasmania

Gerrit wrote:

Seeing as you will be in Australia during December I suggest that the
northern half of Western Australia will be too hot and/or too wet.
You could do worse...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.travel.australia+nz,aus.tv,aus.general
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
I want to travel to Australia, so I have a question to Whisper (orany Australian here)

Quincy wrote:

I am planning to go for 3 months to Australia in Sepember.
I just want to get out of old Europa and have some fun,
make party, go to out in noble night clubs,...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
"Apex car rental" NZ - opinions????

Rudy wrote:
Someone else wrote:

Another thing to remember about Australia/New Zealand car rentals is
that your Stateside insurance is invalid there.
Check with...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 8th, 2009, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 4
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
55°C ???

And here we are, complaining about 30°C heat on the east coast of New
Zealand. Guess it's all relative. I remember having to wear a sweater
in...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand February 2nd, 2009, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Visa question

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/transit/no-visa.htm
When a visa is not needed
Some travellers do not need a transit visa if they:

a.. depart Australia by air within 8 hours of the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Visa question

Man With Chip wrote:

If I'm travelling from Europe to New Zealand and have to
change planes in Australia (ie via transit, get off plane,
wait a period of time in the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
American Toilets

The typical home in the States has 2 toilets. Almost all
have a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a bathtub
with a shower included. Many have an additional half-bath
which is a toilet and a...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 13th, 2008, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 124
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Sharx35 wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
Sharx35 wrote:

If they don't like it here in NORTH AMERICA, let them stay the ****...
Forum: USA & Canada December 13th, 2008, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 147

Sharx35 wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
Sharx35 wrote:

If they don't like it here in NORTH AMERICA, let them stay the ****...
Forum: USA & Canada December 13th, 2008, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 147
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Sharx35 wrote:

I have a GREAT sense of humour,

You fooled most of us.

however I do NOT suffer Eurocentric fools gladly.

Frome wence did you ancestors come?
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 13th, 2008, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz

Sharx35 wrote:

I have a GREAT sense of humour,

You fooled most of us.

however I do NOT suffer Eurocentric fools gladly.

Frome wence did you ancestors come?
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 13th, 2008, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
My trip to OZ

A year ago I spent two weeks in OZ, saw a lot of nice places,
and met a lot of nice people. There was nothing I dislike,
just things I found different. A lot of things take getting
use to...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.sport.rugby.union
Replies: 41
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
A-Z of English words with surprising origins

Ariadne wrote:

Part of what makes English such a beautiful language.

As beautiful as English is, what makes it most amazing
is that every English speaking nation has a...
Forum: Europe November 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.sport.rugby.union
Replies: 45

Ariadne wrote:

Part of what makes English such a beautiful language.

As beautiful as English is, what makes it most amazing
is that every English speaking nation has a...
Forum: USA & Canada November 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.sport.rugby.union

Ariadne wrote:

Part of what makes English such a beautiful language.

As beautiful as English is, what makes it most amazing
is that every English speaking nation has a...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
East coast by car in 2 weeks ?

The classic drive is from Perth to Brisabne via the Nullabor.
Cairns to Sydney this time of year will be a real sweat box.
But if you do it, stop at all the wineries and breweries
along the way.

Dick
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 31st, 2008, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Frank Slootweg wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 31st, 2008, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Joseph Coulter wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 21st, 2008, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 33
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

"Qanset" wrote:

Planning on driving between these two places next year.
Picking up and dropping off rental car in Alice Springs.
Is this a safe road to drive on. Are there...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 11th, 2008, 04:54 AM Posted to soc.culture.australian,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.new-zealand,misc.immigration.australia+nz,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 24
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
What do you think is better - New Zealand or Australia and why ?

Sean wrote:

What or who do you (humorously or seriously) think
is better - New Zealand and Kiwis, or Australia and
Aussies and please say why ?

People are cool in OZ...
Forum: Asia August 11th, 2008, 04:54 AM Posted to soc.culture.australian,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.new-zealand,misc.immigration.australia+nz,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8

Sean wrote:

What or who do you (humorously or seriously) think
is better - New Zealand and Kiwis, or Australia and
Aussies and please say why ?

People are cool in OZ...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Dick Adams[_2_]
Testing access to rec.travel

wrote:

In among his L-O-N-G posts there was usually something
of interest to the thinking person, perhaps not for you.

You are correct. Even nitwits have coherent...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91