Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jimbob
Forum: Air travel July 4th, 2009, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By jimbob
Crashlanding In Alleged 40mph Wind Kills 153

I have taken off once in 35mph winds w/50mph gusts from CVG. It was a
very bumpy ride all the way to DTW where we landed in 45mph winds.

It was via NW on a CRJ regional jet.

JB
Forum: Air travel July 2nd, 2009, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By jimbob
Crashlanding In Alleged 40mph Wind Kills 153

Like the 40mph winds played a 'big role' in the crash? I think not!

JB
Forum: Air travel May 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By jimbob
Keeping in Touch

I don't need to be "in touch" when on a vacation. I don't need the BS of
lugging a laptop around just so I can free up my camera space. I don't
need to be at the computer on a ship. IF I needed any...
Forum: Cruises May 14th, 2009, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By jimbob
Keeping in Touch

When on a vacaion the cell, laptop, and internet terminal stay behind.

JB
Forum: Cruises May 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By jimbob
Flu

A Homeland Security Director likened it to a hurricane
warning........What the hell does a homeland security direcror know
about the swine flu???

He knows how to scare the **** out of everybody...
Forum: Cruises April 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By jimbob
Pirates may attack boats!!!

If I were to take a cruise from Durban South Africa to Genoa Italy I
would rather spend some extra money to travel the western part of Africa
then to Genoa rather than risk taking the eastern route...
Forum: Cruises April 23rd, 2009, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By jimbob
Pirates may attack boats!!!

"Stay away from Somalia and you will be fine."

Somalia isn't the only area in the world where there are pirates!

JR
Forum: Cruises February 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By jimbob
Antartica cruises?

Heard there is a shore excursion to go on the Steve Irwin. You can
participate in an actual "protest" of the Japanese ship that MURDERS
whales. :)

JB
Forum: Cruises January 19th, 2009, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By jimbob
Elderly couple fall off cruise ship

"Marsha: Where is your sense of humor. Bingo seems to be the new
religion."

NO....it's a cult.

JB
Forum: Air travel January 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By jimbob
TWA where can I find them

@

http://www.flytwa.com

OR

http://www.flytwa.com/twa.com

JB
Forum: Cruises January 5th, 2009, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 64
Posted By jimbob
Latest RCI cost cutting? (CE)

Sad thing is......we do not know when it is "time to check out."
BUT, good for them.

JB
Forum: Cruises December 10th, 2008, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By jimbob
Cruise Ship Arsenal?

Uh, HC, if terrorists can steal a couple of airplanes and fly them into
tall buildings, they don't need to find out what armament is on a cruise
ship. They might not rely on info gleaned from...
Forum: Cruises December 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By jimbob
Some interesting news out regarding cruise expansion in Asiaan...

The ship gets to give a free escourted tour past Somalia. How exciting!

JB
Forum: Cruises December 9th, 2008, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By jimbob
Cruise Ship Arsenal?

I believe we ought not even know.

Why do the piraes (TERRORISTS) need this information? A. THEY DO NOT!!!

JB
Forum: Air travel December 7th, 2008, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By jimbob
Ship Attacks

Hmmmm. Sounds like a new show for Discovery..... "Pirate Wars!!"
Just send the Steve Irwin to the waters off Somalia and then see what
they do.

JB
Forum: Cruises September 26th, 2008, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 142
Posted By jimbob
Cell Phone Annoyance

Charles wrote:
"Those who are anti cell phone better get over it. It is human to want
to be connected and communicate. This technology is now ubiquitous and
part of every normal persons life. It is...
Forum: Cruises September 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 142
Posted By jimbob
Cell Phone Annoyance

Marsha wrote:
.... "Wouldn't it be easier to agree to meet somewhere at a certain
time?" .........

YES, it would be easier for me and you, BUT not to te people who are
addicted to cell phonesOR...
Forum: Cruises September 26th, 2008, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 142
Posted By jimbob
Cell Phone Annoyance

I agree with surfer.
Only thing with me...I don't own a cell phone and don't want one!!!

JB
Forum: Air travel July 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By jimbob
Shocking Incident: Baby dies in International Jet AirwaysFlight

Hey Kurt..... not just root beer, but A&W Root Beer!

JB
Forum: Cruises July 30th, 2008, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 101
Posted By jimbob
Norovirus on first cruise(Ermalee)

Hi Ermalee,
I am not against "yanking" kids out of school "for any reason."

I AM against yanking kids out of school for going on a cruise/vacation
or any another STUPID reason.

JB
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35