Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rieker
Forum: Cruises September 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By rieker
Need help on figuring out air/land transportation for cruise!

We welcome any opinions on this!

Have you looked at cruises out of New Orleans?

As for Galveston, if I were doing it, I would use a good Travel Agent who
will do the legwork to get you from the...
Forum: Cruises July 12th, 2010, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By rieker
Cost of train from Venice to Rome.

we took a commuter train for about $27.00 usd. It
won't hurt to ask.

Was that a total for a group? The BIRGE rail ticket, rt Civi-Rome,
including a day pass for the metro in Rome is currently...
Forum: Cruises July 12th, 2010, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By rieker
Back From Alaska

We have 3 days in Vancouver prior to the cruise. What things are "must
see's" in Vancouver?

--Tom

Take the ferry to Vancouver Island, rent a car (enterprise worked for us)
and visit...
Forum: Cruises June 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 61
Posted By rieker
passport needed or not for Caribbean cruise?

Anybody ever used a "US Passport Card" ?? It is unlikely that I'll
be flying to another country, so that would probably be fine with me.

A passport card is worthless, IMO.

If you are on a...
Forum: Cruises May 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By rieker
Rain Forest Garden and Mendenhall Glacier--combine tours or not?

"Jeff Gersten" wrote in message

We are looking at Princess tours for both the Rain Forest Garden and
Mendenhall...
Forum: Cruises February 20th, 2010, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By rieker
Florida Question

"orbit33 orbit33" wrote in message
What is the best way to get Miami dock from Ft Lauderdale airport?

www.ridesas.com...
Forum: Cruises November 13th, 2009, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By rieker
Carnival Magic

"Sandy" wrote in message
Does anyone know anymore details such as where will be the home port for
Carnival...
Forum: Cruises September 7th, 2009, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 96
Posted By rieker
Room Service Question

some cruise lines now add a service change for room service.

But the OP clearly stated that she is on a Princess cruise.

Try to keep up.
Forum: Cruises August 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 35
Posted By rieker
Final payment date?

Could it be that travel agents tell customers to pay before the cruise
line due date?

This is exactly what happens. My TA usually tells his clients that final
payment is due about 2 weeks...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By rieker
Extending of DL Sky Miles?

"Wordtraveler" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a friend that that has somewhere near 15,000...
Forum: Air travel July 27th, 2009, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By rieker
United Free Ticket Voucher?

Anyone know offhand if it at
least allows (paid) upgrade to Economy Plus at time of booking?

And further, out of curiosity: How long can the time interval between
outbound and return flights...
Forum: Air travel April 11th, 2009, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By rieker
Are there really discount airline ticket sites?

"MacFarland" wrote in message
I am planning a trip from, say, SNA/ONT/LAX/BUR (any one of these
Forum: Cruises March 22nd, 2009, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By rieker
One day cruise stop in Turkey, do you need a visa?

"Jeff Gersten" wrote in message
I have seen contradictory answers to this question?

We were in 3 Turkish ports in...
Forum: Cruises September 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By rieker
Excursions in Peru and Ecuador and Costa Rica

Of course what I'd love to do is visit Manchu
Picchu and/or the Galapagos. But for the former, I'm a little afraid
of the altitude and more afraid of the climbing around exertion.

I understand...
Forum: Cruises August 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By rieker
Carnival's thinking

I'm guessing that even though cabins are available dirt cheap, they people
booking them will have to pay CONSIDERABLY more than you're paying for
air. Maybe even enough to make the total cost...
Forum: Cruises August 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By rieker
Carnival's thinking

Carnival has just made some very attractive pricing changes to our upcoming
Med. cruise. Both balcony and OV rooms have come down to an irresistable
level and we would like to take advantage of...
Forum: Cruises August 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By rieker
Carry-on question

It's not so much a matter of what
airlines are charging

AFAIK, international flights do not have a 'per bag' surcharge. You can
still check two bags per person at no cost, unless they exceed the...
Forum: Cruises August 4th, 2008, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By rieker
Scandinavia Cruises

1. Use the internet to get an idea of pricing, but when you are ready to
book a cruise, use a good travel agent.

2. Look thru the itineraries of Princess and Holland America for their
Scandanavian...
Forum: Cruises July 6th, 2008, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By rieker
Need Passport for Alaska Cruise?

Renew your passport. Recent reports of turnaround times run from 1-3 weeks.

I am not sure what you need to renew, but I think that all you need is an
application, new photo, old passport and the...
Forum: Air travel June 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By rieker
Another Luggage Question

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message ...
We are searching for a 26" drop-bottom, rolling duffel bag

Putting "26" drop-bottom,...
Forum: Cruises June 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 46
Posted By rieker
Haines and Ketchikan

Ketchikan, the Saxman native village draws my attention but I also see
Misty Fiords floatplane.

Depending on how long your port day is, you may have time to do both. We
took an early flight...
Forum: Cruises May 25th, 2008, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 60
Posted By rieker
Worried about cruising now...

Without going into any details, so as to not
slight the line, their practices, or anyone here,
what do I need to read in the little magazine that
the cruise line sent us? We went to their...
Forum: Air travel December 20th, 2007, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By rieker
Virgin America will cancel your flight and keep your money BUYER BEWARE

I called recently to
inquire, and was told the request had been put in but was being
reviewed by the finance department.

If you're gonna play the game, you gotta know the rules.

In this case,...
Forum: Cruises December 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By rieker
Dollar Car return- Tampa

What is the distance?

I would guess about a 15 minute cab ride in moderate traffic.
Forum: Cruises November 14th, 2007, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By rieker
auto rental code deals

Does anyone have a "code" for one of the main auto rental companies that
would work with a January rental in Orlando?

AARP has some decent corporate discounts with some of the biggies.

Also if...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123